Notifications
Clear all

What Do You Do After You Sweat?

MemberMember
(@negative-creep)

Posted : 01/29/2013 6:03 pm

I'm a bit confused as to what you are supposed to do after you sweat. People say you shouldn't wash your face more than 2 times a day which is usually morning and night but then people also say you should never leave sweat on your face for too long and that you need to wash it off immediately or it will clog your pores and cause acne. But wouldn't this result in excessive washing of the face which would lead to dry skin which would lead to more acne?

I cut down on the amount of times i wash my face this winter and my skin seems to be looking better. I now just shower in the morning and let the water run down on it but typically dont let it hit it straight up. Then I go on about my whole day then cleanse with a face wash at night. If I go to the gym I plan accordingly and workout right before I go to bed so I don't have to wash my face an extra time. But what about during the middle of the day when I'm running from place to place and sweating a lot? I sweat a lot walking to each class, even in the winter.

I'm no expert but in my experience, if I am super anal about keeping my face clean then most of my face is clear but then I often get one or two really bad and deep ones. On the flip side, if I don't wash my face every time I feel like I need to I notice a ton of little zits all over. It's just one exhausting balancing act.

MemberMember
(@abduliii)

Posted : 01/29/2013 7:00 pm

when I sweat a lot, I just splash 1-2 times and let it air dry, dont really see breakouts

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 01/29/2013 7:35 pm

I'm a bit confused as to what you are supposed to do after you sweat. People say you shouldn't wash your face more than 2 times a day which is usually morning and night but then people also say you should never leave sweat on your face for too long and that you need to wash it off immediately or it will clog your pores and cause acne. But wouldn't this result in excessive washing of the face which would lead to dry skin which would lead to more acne?

I cut down on the amount of times i wash my face this winter and my skin seems to be looking better. I now just shower in the morning and let the water run down on it but typically dont let it hit it straight up. Then I go on about my whole day then cleanse with a face wash at night. If I go to the gym I plan accordingly and workout right before I go to bed so I don't have to wash my face an extra time. But what about during the middle of the day when I'm running from place to place and sweating a lot? I sweat a lot walking to each class, even in the winter.

I'm no expert but in my experience, if I am super anal about keeping my face clean then most of my face is clear but then I often get one or two really bad and deep ones. On the flip side, if I don't wash my face every time I feel like I need to I notice a ton of little zits all over. It's just one exhausting balancing act.

I usually use one of those facial cleaning towels but I sweat a lot, but they don't try my skin out.