Notifications
Clear all

New Pimples On Cheeks Using Acv

MemberMember
(@dukebluedevils)

Posted : 12/09/2012 2:25 pm

i've been using ACV for one week now. i've been getting new pimples and i'm wondering if this is normal or if it's not and I should just stop using it. I'm using 1/3 ACV to water and I'm putting it on my cheeks twice a day.

i want to give this at least a month to see if my PIH actually clears up or not but if i'm going to keep breaking out, i don't want to continue using it. and so far i haven't seen really any improvement on my cheeks. maybe some VERY slight improvement but that's it. still looks the same it did prior to use.

help please.

MemberMember
(@dukebluedevils)

Posted : 12/11/2012 3:46 pm

well i guess since no one wants to help ...

i'll just keep using ACV until Sunday and if i still keep getting pimples and/or don't see any improvement i'm just going to stop.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 12/31/2012 2:57 pm

well i guess since no one wants to help ...

i'll just keep using ACV until Sunday and if i still keep getting pimples and/or don't see any improvement i'm just going to stop.

Personally I don't think acv works just by itself as a topical. Hopefully you're using the raw acv and not the pasteurized one. Only raw acv has the skin healing benefits.

Try making a green tea, raw acv and sea salt toner.

Steep a green tea bag in 1/2 cup of boiling water

Add one teaspoon of sea salt and mix

Add one tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar

Try that and see if it works better for you.

MemberMember
(@jwaltersrn)

Posted : 12/31/2012 3:13 pm

ACV did not help acne per se, it helps with the inflammation (esp with green tea) and dermatitis. It can be drying, sometimes adding some raw honey to the toner helps to balance this.

What other products are you using? ACV can be irritating if you are using it with medicated cleansers/moisturizers etc.