Notifications
Clear all

Urgent! How Do I Prevent Indentation On Nose?

MemberMember
(@jakeshake)

Posted : 12/10/2012 8:58 am

Is there a way I can prevent an indentation or huge pore from forming on my nose? I have this blemish that turned into a white head. I left it alone because that's the best thing to do. Now it's a whitehead again. There is a tiny scab that I am worried about. It's not bleeding so that's a good sign. What should I put on it to prevent an indentation? Perhaps putting Aloe on it from the plant? I really don't want another huge pore on my nose.

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 12/11/2012 4:00 am

Unfortunately nothing you do is guaranteed to prevent a scar but I would look at a product that aids in healing, like Vitamin C. Rather than aloe I would consider using pawpaw ointment as you want to keep the wound moist while it is healing but you also want to use something that has anti-bacterial qualities, which pawpaw does. Just don't go overboard with it. :)

Also, if you're not doing this already wear sunscreen every day! And I mean every day. Besides acne, the sun is our skin's worst enemy.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 12/11/2012 5:40 am

I think you should try to keep it moisturized and avoid touching the scab (including washing), so it doesn't fall prematurely. I've been having the same thing happen to me recently which did result in scars. However, they're small and I'm hoping they might actually fill in in a couple of months - they're already looking better. After the scab falls off, keep the area moisturized and some product with vitamin C (like QuirkyFox said) could be useful.