Notifications
Clear all

Salicylic Acid Suggestions?

MemberMember
(@aminal)

Posted : 10/08/2012 9:26 am

I'm looking to buy some salicylic acid as a spot treatment for some of my breakouts, since my skin seems to generally be clearing up to a degree I'm avoiding picking at it due to what already seems to be a bad case of hyperpigmentation, mostly because of my pale skin tone.

Anyways, I'm looking for a pure salicylic acid to use, naturally derived. I don't want some type of gel or cream, just the pure stuff! No fillers! Give me suggestions/links/whatever. What percentage works best, what have you tried? Anything like that! Thanks guys!

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/08/2012 4:14 pm

This is the real deal: http://www.dianayvonne.com/product/CSE69_2/Salicylic-Acid-5-2-oz-19-pH.html

MemberMember
(@aminal)

Posted : 10/09/2012 12:01 am

Thanks for responding! Would 5% be safe to use on my skin you think? Is there a 2.5% available?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/09/2012 10:05 am

Thanks for responding! Would 5% be safe to use on my skin you think? Is there a 2.5% available?

I don't know, browse their site.

MemberMember
(@aminal)

Posted : 10/09/2012 10:21 am

I don't know, browse their site.

There is! Thank you very much, there is also some fruit acid on there that I can use as a peel. Bookmarking, again thank you! So, have you tried their products yourself?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/09/2012 9:16 pm

Yes I have successfully used the 5% salicylic acid on a daily basis for 3 weeks to remove some very stubborn clogged pores

MemberMember
(@aminal)

Posted : 10/09/2012 9:27 pm

Yes I have successfully used the 5% salicylic acid on a daily basis for 3 weeks to remove some very stubborn clogged pores

Awesome, thanks a lot! I'm going to purchase the 2%, simply due to rather sensitive skin. But thanks a lot for the recommendation and link to the site, much appreciated!