Notifications
Clear all

Glycolic Acid Face Peel For Teenagers?

MemberMember
(@papakash)

Posted : 10/10/2012 3:15 am

Hello,

I'm a 15 year old boy with mild acne, and im wondering if I should use Glycolic acid face peel to lighten my red marks on my face. I have researched, and many sites suggest glycolic acid but i'm not sure if im suitable for it.

I am deciding on if i should get 25% unbuffered face peel, or if i require something stronger like 40-60%?

btw i use lemon juice frequently, but that hasn't made a big difference in the few weeks that i ve been using it, and on sunny days i do use sunscreen. Lastly, bleach is also suggested to lighten skin thoughts on both product?

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 10/10/2012 7:03 am

I suggest you seek out a good beautician for an acid peel. Acid peels can go horribly wrong if not done properly. Age is not a concern for acid peels, however, only a qualified beautician can tell you whether you are suitable for it or not. Acid peels are a serious cosmetic procedure, you cannot reverse its effects, and there is a high chance that you will have a lot of peeling afterwards and your skin will look very different once the flaking is over.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/10/2012 1:35 pm

I used the M2 Skin Technologies Skin Refinish which has 10% mandelic acid. This would be a good starting point to try something safe at home before going all out for a skin peel. Professional skin peels, even when done by a professional, hurt like the dickens and can cause days of rebound redness and peeling. The M2 is strong enough that you will see noticeable effects unlike any cheap drugstore acid products you've used.