Notifications
Clear all

Dermalogica Skin Care Products

MemberMember
(@docholliday)

Posted : 01/27/2003 3:55 pm

Just sharing my experience that I have had. As a teenager I had normal acne hear and there etc. Then about 18 and a half I really got it under control and till about 22 and a half my skin was REALLY good. Figured I had passed everything etc. Right about then I starting getting breakouts. And, they got consistently got worse. I tried all kind of skin care products, and all different variations, and this has been going on now for the last almost 3 years. I have tried everything under the sun. See I was under the assumption that the reason I was breaking out is my skin became acne prone again. And, I have always had somewhat oily skin. So this made sense. Well my friend told me about something a lot of salonAaas use and sell called Dermalogica. The Dermalogical Institute makes it. This is supposed to be some of the best stuff out there. I started using this about 4 months ago. Well I started with the middle of the road cleanser; I got a little better continued to break out. I went to a stronger wash, continued to break out. I was thinking at this point there is nothing to help me, I am just stuck, Until one day I had only washed my face once instead of twice that day. My face started to get better. Well because of this I moved back down to the milder cleanser and washed once a day. Got better but not all the way. So I went back to 2 times a day. Well then I figured well if I moved down and my skin got better, maybe my skin is sensitive and I need the sensitive skin line. Sot hat's what I did. I have now been using the sensitive skin line of Dermalogica for about a week. All visible signs of blemishes are pretty much gone. Now the little teeny bumps are working their way clear. All those little bumps were from irritation, so the texture of my skin is getting better daily. So, this is something to think about. Maybe your skin isn't always acne prone. Maybe you have acne because of irritation. I never would have thought my skin became sensitive. And, that's why I started breaking out. That's why it took me 3 years to figure this out. So I wash twice daily with the sensitive skin line of Dermalogica. Their prices seem somewhat higher than store bought facial care, but when you buy the products they last for 3 to 4 months. So you would spend at least that in other stuff for 3 or 4 months worth. The products I use, including eye care, and a sensitive skin SPF 25 sun block, cost about $138. If you take out the eye care and sunblock itAaas around a hundred bucks, for 3-4 months of product. That isn't bad. You can go to [Removed] and look and read info on the products. You can't buy these in stores. You have to go see an esthetician at a salon. You can type in your local zip code at the web site to find salons near you.

MemberMember
(@garkee83)

Posted : 01/28/2003 2:14 pm

Are you trying to advertise on this messageboard?

My opinion about Dermalogica would be just a word ' RUBBISH'

It didn't only wasted my money but also my effort.

garkee2003 🙄

MemberMember
(@docholliday)

Posted : 02/03/2003 4:15 pm

I'll give it that you have to find the right products of Dermalogica for your face. But dermalogica is far from rubbish. I mean I started wtih stuff that was for acne, and it was too harsh for my face. So, I was still breaking out. I thought the same thing, maybe NOTHING is good enough for my face. So i went to even a stronger cleanser moisturizer combo that they have. Still nothing. Well then I tried the sensitive skinline. And, it is working great. Getting better everyday, and all the little black heads and stuff in the skin that you could tell was tehre but would never clear out, is clearing out. I am not trying to advertise for the company per se. I am just trying to get other points of view out there. Sorry, it didn't work for you. Maybe, it will for others.

MemberMember
(@maniac_22)

Posted : 02/03/2003 4:32 pm

I dunno about their products but their website, dermalogica , is great and gives you alot of info! :D

MemberMember
(@fizzle)

Posted : 11/15/2009 2:49 pm

Well, everyone should know Dermalogica came out with a new line specificially for teens with light to moderate acne, Clean Start. I've been using the Wash Off Cleanser, All Over Clear toney spray, Hit the Spot treatment, Ready, Set, Scrub!, and Welcome Matte spf 13 Moisturizer.

They are all FANTASTIC, with pretty active ingredients. The Toner has 0.5% salicylic acid and the spot treatment is 5.0% BP! And they REALLY work, I absolutely love them.

MemberMember
(@alysemarie)

Posted : 03/02/2014 4:04 pm

I'm thinking of trying a few Dermalogica products, can anyone tell me if their worth it and which ones? I'm looking for a good cleanser for acne thanks!