MemberMember
(@soccer_bro)

Posted : 04/29/2003 1:21 pm

Ne 1 heard of it or tried it?

i heard it kills acne

MemberMember
(@toenail)

Posted : 04/29/2003 2:41 pm

it's a antifungal antibacterial and antiviral. maybe it will work...maybe not.

MemberMember
(@njacobs)

Posted : 04/29/2003 5:13 pm

Are you talking about applying it topically or ingesting it? Ingesting it is definitely a no-no. Do a search on these boards for posts about Colloidal Silver. I don't know anything about its value topically, although I do know that a silver imbedded bandage was used on my father's leg to cover an open diabetic ulcer and it seemed to work very well.

MemberMember
(@soccer_bro)

Posted : 04/29/2003 6:04 pm

i'm talking about ingesting it

MemberMember
(@njacobs)

Posted : 04/29/2003 6:46 pm

i'm talking about ingesting it

It will turn your skin a PERMANENT shade of gray-blue. This is NOT a joke. Do some research on this and you will find it to be true. This is where the term "bluebloods" came from. The nobility of the past would take silver internally and it would turn their skin blue or ashy gray PERMANENTLY. It happened recently to a politician who publicized the danger of taking silver internally. It is quackery pure and simple, except that this form of quackery has some devastating side effects. Please be careful with any "alternative" acne treatments that you are considering. I was outraged that the board monitors would not delete prior posts about this subject. Taking Colloidal Silver is worthless and outright dangerous.

MemberMember
(@steveinaustin)

Posted : 04/30/2003 9:01 am

Yeah, I have to agree here. I tried colloidal silver about 4 years ago. I

even got so far into it that I built my own machine to make it. You can

probably find blueprints on the web somewhere, and the parts are real

easy to find. The silver rods / sheets you can pick up at places that sell

precious metals to artists who use them in jewelry and such.

Anyway, so I got really into it after noticing some good initial results of

applying it topically. But it turned out that it didn't last long, and I

concluded that my initial recovery was just a coincidence. Colloidal

silver didn't really help.

I tried direct topical application of the liquid. I also tried making creams

and gels. No good. I tried drinking the stuff. No help. I finally gave up

after about a couple months of this.

I had read about the skin turning blue and all that stuff, but I bought into

this notion that colloidal silver wouldn't do that. I had read that you can

only get that from silver "salts" (Silver-Chloride and such). They said

colloidal silver particles were too small to do that, and they passed

through your system and didn't bond with anything, but the silver salts

were huge particles and bonded regularly with stuff in your body. I

was stupid and bought that story. But in the years to follow that I realized

that there were people popping up that were turning blue from taking

colloidal silver. Then I realized how stupid I was to listen to them. Glad

I didn't do it for very long. I didn't develop that blue skin thing.

My advice: stay away from colloidal silver. Not only is it useless and

expensive, it will turn your skin blue permanently.

Steve

MemberMember
(@frances)

Posted : 05/02/2003 12:32 am

Evil stuff don't touch it.

This is the thread about this from several months back:

http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php...ighlight=silver

MemberMember
(@kayleest)

Posted : 10/16/2014 6:29 am

I don't usually comment on anything, but I felt I had a duty to present a different point of view on this subject. I have been using a high quality (not homemade) true colloidal silver (not ionic silver or silver protein) on a regular basis (at least a tablespoon once a week when I'm well and sometimes as many as several tablespoons a day when I have a virus until my symptoms are gone) for 9 years now. I have never had a single adverse reaction to using colloidal silver. I am certainly not blue :) Most people are terrified of colloidal silver because of a couple of stories of extreme cases where someone took extremely high doses of a very poor quality product and turned blue or because some people hundreds of years ago that had very inferior colloidal silver allegedly turned blue, and I think that's a shame because it can be wonderful if used properly. It's like any other treatment for a health condition -- if you use it properly, you won't be in danger. I'm living proof of that. I've used it for everything from colds and sinus infections to swine flu a few years ago (I was diagnosed, took colloidal silver, and in three days my symptoms were gone). I haven't used it all over my face as an acne treatment, so I can't vouch for its effectiveness in that respect, but I have used it on many wounds on my body and the silver has gotten rid of and prevented many infections, so it might be effective against acne. And for people curious about what the safety guidelines for silver consumption are, there is a formula set forth by the silver safety committee (made up of reputable medical doctors and chemists) based on the U.S. EPA's guidelines for safe silver consumption for figuring out what an individual can take daily and annually without turning blue. Just wanted to throw that out there for people who might be interested in taking colloidal silver, and might have been otherwise scared off by all the other comments. It won't hurt you if you're responsible about what kind and how much you use. Do your research, find a reasonably priced, well-reviewed brand, don't make it yourself, don't exceed the committee guidelines for safe usage, and you'll be fine.

MemberMember
(@freshpowder)

Posted : 10/21/2014 7:25 pm

I spray it on my face after showering and it helps tons. When first starting using it, a lot of things come out and it looks worse, but after a week or two gets much better. Using it while detoxing and cleansing does an extremely well job of keeping the 'initial breakout' to a Minimum.

MemberMember
(@bacterion)

Posted : 11/10/2014 1:23 pm

I've been using it topically with cotton pads half a year ago for like 2 months and my acne was gone. After that I've tried a caveman regimen that went perfectly fine only as long as I only washed my hair and body with water only and the face with absolutely nothing, but it failed because I've washed my hair with shampoo (I had to go to a hairstylist and I couldn't bear it going like that), and acne came back.Now I'm back to colloidal silver morning and evening. I apply it to cotton pads and wipe my whole face. It's been a week and I've already seen drastic improvements.

MemberMember
(@scottysilver)

Posted : 12/11/2014 11:47 pm

I spray it on my face twice per day and it works wonders. It can be safe to drink, but don't. There is risk. Topically, it works and you should be fine.