Notifications
Clear all

DERMALUX LAMP - UK ONLY

MemberMember
(@icklemoley78)

Posted : 12/17/2002 4:36 pm

Dermalux Lamp (UK). This lamp cost A199.99. It is supposed to kill the bacteria that causes acne. It does so with light emitting rays (which donat harm skin, ie a cancer or cause skin to tan). Now I have read threads on this machine which are all pretty good, but you must sit in front of it for 15 mins twice daily to gain any benefit. But on the plus side, it does kill all the bacteria and it has no side effects. NO DRY SKIN!!! Iam ordering mine todayawill keep you posted. There have been various studies done on this machine, comparing it with 5% BP and the machine has won hands down. Though I would like to see who run the test as if it was the company that owns the machine it wouldnat really be completely non-biases.

MemberMember
(@kt)

Posted : 12/19/2002 7:14 am

Hi

I'm in the UK too and already own a lamp. I tried it a bit but really didn't give it a proper go as I was so busy at the time, so I'd be really interested to hear what happens with yours.

Good luck with it and keep me posted

Katie

MemberMember
(@peters)

Posted : 12/19/2002 9:48 pm

is there a website for this for information

and do you know anyone who has used it?

MemberMember
(@peters)

Posted : 12/19/2002 9:51 pm

here is the question,

what do the UK derm's say about this?

MemberMember
(@bluescreenofdeath)

Posted : 12/19/2002 10:50 pm

here are the questions,

how much is A199.99 in US Dollars?

Is this like clearlight?

How's it going for you?

MemberMember
(@adam20002)

Posted : 12/20/2002 9:07 am

Hi, I have used this lamp and it worked for me, in the space of about 6 months using this lamp i went from having my worst ever skin to having my best ever. I still get the occasional spot especially this time of year (dont know why :() .

Anyway the point is the lamp worked great for me.

Adam

MemberMember
(@icklemoley78)

Posted : 12/20/2002 10:48 am

Hi Adam, thanks for your comments. I'm glad it worked for you. means my hard earned money wont be wasted. Did it dry you skin out like BP does? Just wondering? the website for those intersted it [Removed]

if it clears skin like BP but without the side effects then i'm sold. it takes 28 days to arrive though. sigh :(

MemberMember
(@willis)

Posted : 12/20/2002 3:35 pm

does it make your skin worse, or red and dry?

does it prevent pimples?

do the derms recommend it?

MemberMember
(@adam20002)

Posted : 12/20/2002 6:57 pm

Hi,

The lamp was created by a Dr Tony Chu who is a dermatologist himself so i guess it gets the general thumbs up from the derms. I first heard about it in the UK press who all seemed to review it favourably.

The web site posted by ickemonkey has a lot of useful information.

Did it dry you skin out like BP does

ickemonkey i personally experienced no side effects, no dry skin. Ive not had any experience with BP so can't make any comparisons however.

but you must sit in front of it for 15 mins twice daily

the recommended daily dosage is actually 15 mins once daily although two sets of 15 minutes a day is allowed (but no more) according to the website.

I noticed a marked improvement in my skin after about 3 months so it certainly isn't an instance improvement but then what is i guess.

The 'How it works' section of the website has lots of technical stuff about how it works and comparisons with other treatments

MemberMember
(@zikzee)

Posted : 12/21/2002 12:52 pm

anybody knows if this can be exported to other eu contrys ? denmark where i live prehaps :(

MemberMember
(@icklemoley78)

Posted : 12/23/2002 3:55 am

Yes it can be shipped anywhere provided you are willing to pay for the shipping.

MemberMember
(@mailer)

Posted : 12/26/2002 8:54 pm

6months to clear up yeah its good that ur skins all clear BUT it took 6months. (im not a very pacient person)

‚£200 is a lot..

few questions (iam tempted to get this)

1) Size. how big is this?

2) (to the guy whos skin cleared in 6months) Were u taking anythin else at the same time? pills, creams etc

thats about all i can think off. my skin is clearing slowly but surly and if i can get somethin to speed up the process i will buy it.

MemberMember
(@icklemoley78)

Posted : 12/27/2002 5:33 am

It is not big, the same size as a facial tanning machine. It will rest on most work surfaces no prob. Costs nothing to run.

six months really isn't that long. think about how long most people have acne for, six months is nothing. also for there to be no side effects, nothing, i think is worth the wait. i have used machines like dermalux before with good results. i do continue to use BHA and an oil absorbing mask twice a week, other than that, the light kills the bacteria.

MemberMember
(@adam20002)

Posted : 12/27/2002 10:43 am

Mailer i appreciate what your saying but i tend to agree with icklemonkey. My skin had been a constant worry to me for over 5 years with most creams etc being of little help. The Dermulux documentation states something along the lines of most people should see an improvement in 12 weeks, which was about right for me, i then noticed a steady improvement for upto 6 months.

Im not completley clear like i said in a previous post i still get the odd spot from time to time but im so much more confident about it all. Last xmas i dreaded having relatives over cos my skin was so bad, this year it was a different story altogether.

During using the lamp i used some over the counter cream and Simple face wipes for sensitive skin.

icklemonkey78 are you using the lamp now ? I would be interesting to know how other people got on with it because i don't know anyone else that used it.

MemberMember
(@zikzee)

Posted : 12/27/2002 11:21 am

the lamp sounds good and the 200 ‚£ is only a one time spend. its kinda cheap

im gonna buy it on monday. Ill keep my results posted

MemberMember
(@icklemoley78)

Posted : 12/27/2002 12:30 pm

Good luck with the lamp. I hope it works for you. Yes it is a one off payment, but ❓ you will have to replace the lights every 2 years. But there not too expensive. Personally i would sit in front of the lamp for 2 hours daily if it ment i'd never breakout again. Good luck i'll keep you posted too.

MemberMember
(@zikzee)

Posted : 12/27/2002 1:28 pm

thanks.. and how much is the tubes kost ? i have a nice cash flow at the moment... but im going to take an education after sommer break. So gotta save som money..

MemberMember
(@may)

Posted : 12/27/2002 2:08 pm

Hey Guys,

wow, never thought i'd hear aobut use of this lamp again!! Last year i lived in South Korea, and my skin broke out sooooo bad. I went to a derm there, and he put me under this weird lamp there for about 15min. I was VERY skeptical...BUT...the next day all my huge, cystic zits were practically GONE. Of course i didn't stay clear, cuz it was a one shot thing, but i was amazed at how it cleared up those zits. It must have been this same thing.

May

MemberMember
(@willis)

Posted : 12/27/2002 4:44 pm

has it been reviewed in like in america with the fda. anything like that.

also, those who have been using it does that mean theat you get non-inflamed acne now, since the comedone is still in the pore, but won't brak the wall now cause of the bacterai gone?

MemberMember
(@icklemoley78)

Posted : 12/27/2002 5:38 pm

Dermalux works by killing the bacteria on and in the skin. Just the same as BP does. YOU WILL STILL NEED TO FIND AN EFFECTIVE EXFOLIANT to aid in skin celling shedding (Neutrogena clear pore or MAC Oil Control Lotion) AND OIL ABSORBING MASK (Milk of Magnesium) TO USE IN COMBINATION, AS YOU WILL WANT TO TREAT ALL STAGES OF THE PIMPLES LIFE. The replacement bulbs cost about ‚£80 so not cheap, but two yeas is good. Also they do continue to glow, just the output is compromised.

I have heard no bad news about these lamps other than they can take some time to work. At least people won't have to put up with red, dry dry dry skin, which is worth the wait. When you order the Dermalux, no matter how much you try and convince the telephone person, it can still take up to 28 days to come. Fuck knows why as it's ment to be first class, but hey, thats the way it is.

Good luck people.

Icklemoley

MemberMember
(@mailer)

Posted : 12/27/2002 5:59 pm

Mailer i appreciate what your saying but i tend to agree with icklemonkey. My skin had been a constant worry to me for over 5 years with most creams etc being of little help. The Dermulux documentation states something along the lines of most people should see an improvement in 12 weeks' date=' which was about right for me, i then noticed a steady improvement for upto 6 months.

Im not completley clear like i said in a previous post i still get the odd spot from time to time but im so much more confident about it all. Last xmas i dreaded having relatives over cos my skin was so bad, this year it was a different story altogether.

During using the lamp i used some over the counter cream and Simple face wipes for sensitive skin.

im very tempted to buy it. like u i have had acne for 2long..

i first got acne back when i was 13. (im now almost 18 and to be honest with u, really wanted to loose the acne by then which is y iam so impacient)

im now putting a bit of my pay towards this.

MemberMember
(@zikzee)

Posted : 12/27/2002 6:04 pm

do you need a daily exfoliant ? or can a glycolic acid 30 % peel once a week do the trick ?

and btw did you use it twice a day or just once ?

MemberMember
(@adam20002)

Posted : 12/28/2002 7:58 am

and btw did you use it twice a day or just once ?

i used it twice daily at first because i was impatient lol then went to once daily after a while.

Good luck to all using the lamp, hope to hear your comments regarding progress in the future

MemberMember
(@angelajo)

Posted : 12/28/2002 12:13 pm

Does anyone know how much that is in US dollars?

Someone else asked this before but no one answered...

MemberMember
(@mailer)

Posted : 12/28/2002 12:54 pm

$285 odd

thats not accurate. just roughly