Notifications
Clear all

does beer break anyone out ?

MemberMember
(@rcr0412)

Posted : 03/09/2008 9:38 pm

whenever i drink even 1-2 beers i seem to get at least a mini breakout and i don't eat any bad food with it, the worst i eat is blue corn chips, but i eat all gluten free dairy free and sugar free, why can't i just drink a few and enjoy it without the acne!. and most beer is not wheat it is barley malt and some rice.

MemberMember
(@case-n)

Posted : 03/09/2008 9:50 pm

Beer is great for my skin, don't have dinner without it.

MemberMember
(@wanabeacnefree)

Posted : 03/09/2008 10:10 pm

Interesting you posted this as I'm going to try staying off beer this week to see if it has any affect on my skin.

I'm hoping not, as I don't drink wine and love to unwind at the end of the day with a drink or 2.

MemberMember
(@rcr0412)

Posted : 03/10/2008 5:15 am

to be honest it has a huge affect on mine, wine not so much, but beer always does, it really is a hassle because there is nothing better than a nice beer to wind down

MemberMember
(@ifeelbroken)

Posted : 03/10/2008 7:01 am

Beer is gross.... I drink wine, mmmm.

All liquor breaks me out... u_u

MemberMember
(@sleaman)

Posted : 03/10/2008 10:34 am

yea beer breaks me out bad too, might try brewing some gluten-free beer. i have been brewing beer for the past 2 years or so, and still do but dont drink it anymore(i know, whats the point right?) i alays have some interesting brews on hand for friends and family. currently have a batch of blueberry wheat-beer going. I will certainly have to indulge on some of this b/c i love wheat beer.

MemberMember
(@rcr0412)

Posted : 03/10/2008 4:36 pm

i tried some of the gluten free options Redbridge and New Grist and they are chemically tasting, they contain sorghum i believe

MemberMember
(@deeagony)

Posted : 03/10/2008 4:42 pm

I like dark beer. I'm actually having one right now. I seldom drink to excess, but if I do..I make sure not to neglect my usual routine at the time, & I take care to drink water too. It really doesn't seem to affect me.

MemberMember
(@no_mercy)

Posted : 03/10/2008 8:32 pm

beer would probably effect acne the most try drinking hard liquor like vodka and whiskey instead these will not break you out nearly as much. Plus the diuretic effects of alcohol may help you reduce acne

MemberMember
(@heya467)

Posted : 03/11/2008 9:51 am

I know They Say There Is No Connection But Whenever I Drink Any Sort Of Alcoholic Drink The Next Day i Break Out Pretty Bad.....Its One Way To Keep Me Sober I Guess

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 03/11/2008 9:54 am

Its probably more the blue chips that lead to the small breakout than the beer. Blue chips contain a lot of iodinized salt which is known to break out acne prone individuals.

MemberMember
(@mamita)

Posted : 03/11/2008 10:38 am

Its probably more the blue chips that lead to the small breakout than the beer. Blue chips contain a lot of iodinized salt which is known to break out acne prone individuals.
MemberMember
(@rcr0412)

Posted : 03/11/2008 5:13 pm

the blue chips had sea salt not regular salt

i don't drink to get drunk, i like to try different craft beers and different beer styles, i don't just buy a 24 pack of bud light and drink 10 :)

MemberMember
(@namoooora)

Posted : 03/11/2008 5:59 pm

MemberMember
(@sleaman)

Posted : 03/11/2008 7:25 pm

i wouldnt worry about iodine personally, just cuz it effects some ppl doesnt mean it is bad for everyone. if you really enjoy good craft beers nothing is better than brewing your own. it isn't hard (granted you'll have some funky tasting batches fromt time to time), but you have absolute control over what goes into it. You would be suprised how many preservatives and crap are found even in your small micro-brew beers. just a suggestion. Its also pretty rad to drink some beer you brewed.

MemberMember
(@rcr0412)

Posted : 03/12/2008 12:00 am

i was thinking about buying some homebrew stuff, beer is very interesting!

MemberMember
(@veen)

Posted : 03/12/2008 1:40 am

I break out from drinking beer also. Maybe its the estrogens in it?

Scientists have recently found evidence that estrogen is present in some of the foods we consume. ‚¦red clover, yucca, hops and motherwort demonstrated significantly higher growth than control, indicating possible estrogenic effects.

Hop is one of the four key ingredients in beer. Thus, if estrogen is present in hops, it will be present in beer unless the distilling process manages to eliminate it. If estrogen is present in beer, males who imbibe beer may start displaying feminine characteristics.

To test this theory, 100 men were provided with nine 12 ounce cans of beer within one hour. It was then observed that 100% of the subjects:

gained weight

talked excessively without making sense

became overly emotional

could not drive very well

failed to think rationally

argued over nothing

had to sit down to urinate

No further testing was considered necessary. Male beer drinkers should take a concerned look at their beer consumption.

:)

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 03/12/2008 2:47 am

i don't drink to get drunk, i like to try different craft beers and different beer styles, i don't just buy a 24 pack of bud light and drink 10 :)

MemberMember
(@sleaman)

Posted : 03/12/2008 6:39 am

If estrogen is present in beer, males who imbibe beer may start displaying feminine characteristics.

To test this theory, 100 men were provided with nine 12 ounce cans of beer within one hour. It was then observed that 100% of the subjects:

gained weight

became overly emotional

argued over nothing

No further testing was considered necessary. Male beer drinkers should take a concerned look at their beer consumption.

MemberMember
(@rcr0412)

Posted : 03/12/2008 9:29 pm

LOL

MemberMember
(@rcr0412)

Posted : 03/16/2008 12:21 am

i am curious since beer is metabolized by the liver could breaking out be a sign of a sluggish liver and digestive system ?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@_magic_dust_)

Posted : 03/16/2008 9:54 pm

nope, it does the opposite, it clears me up... my skin glows the next day.

MemberMember
(@atalanta)

Posted : 03/16/2008 10:36 pm

I break out from drinking beer also. Maybe its the estrogens in it?

Scientists have recently found evidence that estrogen is present in some of the foods we consume. ‚¦red clover, yucca, hops and motherwort demonstrated significantly higher growth than control, indicating possible estrogenic effects.

Hop is one of the four key ingredients in beer. Thus, if estrogen is present in hops, it will be present in beer unless the distilling process manages to eliminate it. If estrogen is present in beer, males who imbibe beer may start displaying feminine characteristics.

gained weight

became overly emotional

argued over nothing

MemberMember
(@alexgf)

Posted : 03/16/2008 11:48 pm

Salt is salt. It doesnt matter if its sea salt. That can still lead to a breakout

my multivitamin contains 150 mcgs of iodine (as potassium oxide) 100% daily value. i read that iodine can lead to breakouts. is this too much iodine plus how ever much is in the food i eat daily? should i stop taking this vitamin?

any suggestions?

MemberMember
(@rcr0412)

Posted : 03/17/2008 12:27 am

sea salt does not contain iodine either