Notifications
Clear all

Beta Sitosterol reducing sex drive SIGNIFICANTLY...

MemberMember
(@sleaman)

Posted : 03/06/2008 7:49 pm

To stat off, i talked to my doctor about this and he says im just tricking myself and these naturopathic medicines do nothing...so i'm in the procss of finding a new doctor. Anyways, I have been using Beta SItosterol for about 3-1/2 weeks now. I am taking this: http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Phytosterol-Co...Beta-sitosterol . At first I noticed a slight decrease in sex drive, but since I wasn't active at the time never thought about it. I just started getting sexually ivolved w/ a new girl and hve noticed some disturbing side effects. Warning: Do not read if you are offended by sexual descriptions. Mature audiences and responses only please! First off, I noticed my semen is very very runny and not anywhere near the normal amount. Secondly, I have not experienced an orgasm either when I ejaculate. Its like I don't feel anything, it just comes out kinda like when you're wasted.

Should I stop or maybe cut back to taking it every few days? It has helped tremendously w/ my oil production, and i know DHT is my problem due to my acne and hair loss. Any ideas? I dont want this to cause me to impotent or something in the future. Thank you for any advice.

MemberMember
(@sie)

Posted : 03/06/2008 8:23 pm

I have been doing alot of sex hormone research lately and most of the studies about DHT go back to the prostate (trying to cure prostate cancer). So DHT relates to balding, acne and prostate. And since the prostate is the semen factory, you might want to start your researching with that. Important: See if this is a symptom of something or if you can find any evidence that you should see a doc about this. I don't know about beta sitosterol effects on these things. Search beta sitosterol and prostate and see what you find.

MemberMember
(@energizer)

Posted : 03/06/2008 8:25 pm

you should stop immediately

MemberMember
(@allo12345)

Posted : 03/06/2008 8:52 pm

Have you changed anything else in what you eat? Have you added any other supplements?

While we're at it, I have my own question? I knew ejaculation caused me acne so I just stopped for more than a month. Now several weeks later, I just can't get a hard erection anymore, while it was not a problem at all before. I take lots of zinc, sometimes calcium and vitamin D supplements because I don't eat dairy, taurine and that's pretty much it for now.

Anybody knows anything about that..? What can affect that? thanks...

MemberMember
(@sleaman)

Posted : 03/06/2008 8:56 pm

no new supplements, and diet is basically the same. im eating a little more carbs than i had been, but nothing major that would effect me like this. i think ill just lay off it for a little and see what happens. my acne is all gone, but i just wanted to get rid of my oily skin, which this worked perfectly for.

MemberMember
(@ryudoadema)

Posted : 03/06/2008 9:20 pm

Yeah, not good...DIM was having that effect on me. It's been shown that acne sufferers have an increased reaction to dht and hormones in the receptor sites. Maybe that's your problem- you may have normal levels of test/dht but your sebum glands are over-reacting.

So maybe you can use something that blocks dht topically like green tea extract and i think even beta-sitosterol.

MemberMember
(@pm2)

Posted : 03/07/2008 3:34 am

yes, your dosage is to much!

There is to much phytosteroles in the product.

take this here

http://www.vitacost.com/Natrol-Cholesterol-Balance

2x1 capsule/day or 2xhalf capsule/day

MemberMember
(@adell)

Posted : 03/07/2008 9:41 am

This is a serious medical question dude, talk to a doctor, and meantime, stop taking it.

G'luck.

MemberMember
(@amxreborn)

Posted : 06/01/2013 1:57 pm

You are inhibiting DHT too much bro, you shouldn't even be messing with DHT. Estrogen is what enlarges your prostate, most studies that say it's DHT were conducted by Pharmaceuticals to promote their drugs (Finasteride, Propecia, Dustasteride etc). For example there is a study on a DHT steroid (pure DHT), and it acutally shrunk enlarged prostates. Trust me bro, I've been studying this topic for years. Do NOT take Beta-Sitosterol. especially in that dose. It's outrageous. DHT is important for your orgasm contractions and semen output and it gives you a sense of motivation and energy, and muscle hardness.

Sources

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21079217

Prostate Enlargement and Estrogen

"Australian scientists say preliminary results from animal studies found that an experimental drug that regulates estrogen may help keep the prostate gland from growing in older men."

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules*