Notifications
Clear all

Raised White Scars "follicular Macular Atrophy" "hypertrophic Scars" Injections

MemberMember
(@sesvcl)

Posted : 08/28/2013 11:38 pm

I would urge you to first take care of the acne 100 percent man. I got my acne somewhat under control but still broke out some an didn't realize pretty much every single breakout left a mark. When you are talking about 3 a month for many years you can do the math.

I am sure there's things you can do once the acne is fixed. You probably need accutane man.

MemberMember
(@sergey)

Posted : 08/28/2013 11:47 pm

I would urge you to first take care of the acne 100 percent man. I got my acne somewhat under control but still broke out some an didn't realize pretty much every single breakout left a mark. When you are talking about 3 a month for many years you can do the math.

I am sure there's things you can do once the acne is fixed. You probably need accutane man.

I'm not sure how can I fix my acne and you know there nothing to fo with it because it is hormons I think. but I'm also going to gym and I'm drinking the roteisn so may that proteins make that white white things bigger?

MemberMember
(@anna-di)

Posted : 08/29/2013 5:48 pm

Hey Sergey,

it is really up to you if you undergo a treatment right away or wait for a year. If the spots are a lot and bother you too much you can go for the treatment.

But if you still get severe (b)acne there is really no guarantee that new spots won't appear and make the treatment useless.

May I ask what have you done so far to treat the breakouts? I would not go on Accutane as a first choice unless everything else has failed and your acne is quite severe. You are 19, as I read, and there is a good chance that you might outgrow the (b)acne. Regular exercise helps a lot balancing out the hormones.

MemberMember
(@sergey)

Posted : 08/29/2013 10:56 pm

Hey Sergey,

it is really up to you if you undergo a treatment right away or wait for a year. If the spots are a lot and bother you too much you can go for the treatment.

But if you still get severe (b)acne there is really no guarantee that new spots won't appear and make the treatment useless.

May I ask what have you done so far to treat the breakouts? I would not go on Accutane as a first choice unless everything else has failed and your acne is quite severe. You are 19, as I read, and there is a good chance that you might outgrow the (b)acne. Regular exercise helps a lot balancing out the hormones.

Hi Anna Thank you for answer. Well my acne is not really serious right now but it used to be very bad one year ago. For treatment I have treid one time the antibiotics, but after 1 week I stoped because I read a lot about that and antibiotics. It could make me healtry wors than acne and I stoped it. Also,I tride benzac W it is kind of peroxide 10% but it didnt work to. After, I decide stop everything. Right now I have acne but no that much as one or two years ago. However, I starter care about that white spots cause I have it a lot on my shoulders. In additional, some of them becomig red and staying red for always I dont know even why.

Also, I have some small keloid scars right behaind left sholder, so if you know how to treate that couple of keloids scars please let me know because I not really want to go see doctor cause I think they just gonna cut it and thats it.

MemberMember
(@anna-di)

Posted : 08/31/2013 12:04 am

Sorry Sergey, I have no personal experience with keloids. Go see a derm just for a consultation, you don't have to go with what they recommend.

If the spots become red the they periodically get inflamed, which you should address first before you do anything for the scars.

For acne there are so many things you can try- Zinc, low-carb diet, Nlite laser, sulfur containing mask like Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque, lifestyle changes- more sleep, more exercise, less stress! I#ve found these to be very effective. If you say you think it's hormonal then exercise helps a lot. You can also support your liver cause that's the organ that eliminates excessive hormones from your organism. Here's a good article on that http://www.thelovevitamin.com/4604/gentle-liver-support-acne/. Especially milk thistle made a difference for me. Also for bacne avoid chlorine containing swimming pools.

MemberMember
(@sergey)

Posted : 08/31/2013 12:01 pm

Sorry Sergey, I have no personal experience with keloids. Go see a derm just for a consultation, you don't have to go with what they recommend.

If the spots become red the they periodically get inflamed, which you should address first before you do anything for the scars.

For acne there are so many things you can try- Zinc, low-carb diet, Nlite laser, sulfur containing mask like Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque, lifestyle changes- more sleep, more exercise, less stress! I#ve found these to be very effective. If you say you think it's hormonal then exercise helps a lot. You can also support your liver cause that's the organ that eliminates excessive hormones from your organism. Here's a good article on that http://www.thelovevitamin.com/4604/gentle-liver-support-acne/. Especially milk thistle made a difference for me. Also for bacne avoid chlorine containing swimming pools.

Thank you Anna for helping do defenetly I will try everything what you reccomend me. Also, I think I will wait untill all my acne gone and after star treatment

MemberMember
(@herewego64)

Posted : 10/28/2019 8:14 am

Hyfricator treatment doesn't solve the issue with these type of scars. I've visited the same dermatologist from London which is mentioned in above comments, and hisanswer was... NO.

I have the same type scars asTigerclaw91.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/04/2019 12:51 pm

On 10/28/2019 at 2:14 PM, herewego64 said:

Hyfricator treatment doesn't solve the issue with these type of scars. I've visited the same dermatologist from London which is mentioned in above comments, and hisanswer was... NO.

I have the same type scars asTigerclaw91.

What did the doctor recommend then?

MemberMember
(@herewego64)

Posted : 11/05/2019 7:14 am

18 hours ago, NuageBlanche said:

What did the doctor recommend then?

microneedling to flatten them (I tried that without any improvement)or just get a tattoo and live your life.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/05/2019 7:49 am

Hmm, strange. It seems needling is his go-to procedure for everything. I think getca tattoo and live your life os the best idea.

MemberMember
(@herewego64)

Posted : 11/05/2019 8:29 am

20 minutes ago, NuageBlanche said:

Hmm, strange. It seems needling is his go-to procedure for everything. I think getca tattoo and live your life os the best idea.

it seems to... at least it is the safest procedure.

He used to sell the "pack" of needing + tca cross. Nice and easy.

Getting a tattoo to cover them is indeed an option asother dermatologists have told me the same. I havent seen on the whole Internet any picture of somebody who has done that with this kind of scars... and once you get a tattoo done... there is no way back.

MemberMember
(@stresseddd)

Posted : 09/03/2020 10:33 pm

Hi all, I'm late but I'm really hoping someone sees this and responds

I've just today stumbled acrossfollicular macular atrophy; it's been both an incredible relief to finally be able to confidently self-diagnose (although obviously a professional diagnosis is needed) and terribly discouraging given the lack of literature on this type of scarring.

My chest, shoulders and back are covered in these scars. It's killed my confidence. I'm desperate for some sort of solution. From what I've read, ablative laser resurfacing seems to be the most solid option? Does anyone have any experiences with treatment? (For context by the way, I'm 20, I've struggled with acne since I was 14-15, skin picking from maybe 16-17, and these scars I believe I've had for at least 2-3 years now. I don't know if I didn't notice them before because the acne was more obvious, but either way, these scars don't seem to be disappearing, sadly.)

I don't remember where I read this, I've opened and closed at least a hundred tabs within the past few hours, but I came across some people with this issue who claimed that a sunburn once or twice helped get rid of the scars. I'm sceptical, because generally the sun is damaging + the issue with these scars is that they're raised, AND lack pigment - so how would getting a sunburn "scrape" them down/off, and give them colour? Does anyone think this idea has anymerit? I'm desperate.

I used to really struggle with acne on my chest/shoulders/back (and face, but irrelevant rn). After getting the acne in control, I focused on the scarring.I've been exfoliating with a BHA one night and then treating with a 0.03% Encapsulated Retinaldehyde product on the night after, and repeating this routine for a while now. Nearing 5 months I think (I started with a 0.01% retinol). I have noticed that my skin looks less discoloured. I believe that what these products were working on was any PIH I had from acne scars, so red/brown marks. I don't think I payed enough attention, but looking back, these products, though I will continue using them, have most likely not done anything for the follicular macular atrophy scars - which makes sense now, of course, after about them online.

I'd really appreciate a response from anyone.

MemberMember
(@herewego64)

Posted : 10/25/2020 10:33 am

All dermatologist andaesthetic clinics told me that laser (any type of them) for this type of scars makes things worse. If sunburn would help, dermatologist would know it...
I also trying with retinol 0.5... they told that I might get 10-15% improvement... lets see... so far after a month, I dont notice anything.

I just basically lost hope for them. Im just trying to ignore that they are there and try to live a normal life.... but It is very hard sometimes.