Notifications
Clear all

No People With Hypertrophic/keloid Scarring Here?

MemberMember
(@damnlife)

Posted : 03/23/2013 7:43 am

I haven't seen active people on this site with hypertrophic/keloid scars just with some typical acne scarring and crying about it, as far as I can remember I know the only one member with similar to my problem, but he isn't very active. So if there's any people with hypertrophic/keloid scars please share your experience with it.

Thank you.

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 03/25/2013 1:09 am

I am currently on an accutane course but believe I have hypertrophic scarring on my face :( my derm says they aren't but its been 5 months and they're still there so I believe they are raised scars. I have no advice because I'm just devastated over it.

MemberMember
(@damnlife)

Posted : 03/25/2013 4:16 am

I am currently on an accutane course but believe I have hypertrophic scarring on my face sad.png my derm says they aren't but its been 5 months and they're still there so I believe they are raised scars. I have no advice because I'm just devastated over it.

I feel your pain, I have the same problem except on chest and shoulders for 3 years.

But hey! when you are finished with accutane try steroid injections and pulse dye laser (V-beam) this may help you :)

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 03/25/2013 4:13 pm

Well my derm changed his mind today and told me that this was as good as it's going to get. He told me everything I was put on accutane for is now a scar. AWESOME.

MemberMember
(@damnlife)

Posted : 03/25/2013 4:19 pm

If you don't have currently active acne change your derm, cuz you don't need to use tane if you're acne free, the faster you treat hypertrophic scars the better. I suggest you immediately get steroids injected to your scars by another (probably with more knowledge) derm, even if you are on tane you can get them.

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 03/25/2013 4:48 pm

I actually did get them injected today by him, seemed like quite a high dosage too. Face looked F'ed up right now.

I need to finish my course so that this does not happen again, I haven't reached my cumulative dose yet.

MemberMember
(@damnlife)

Posted : 03/25/2013 5:05 pm

That's normal your face should look like this. Patience is the key you should notice results from 2nd or 3rd injection.

I have noticed results from 1st injection, however my case is really bad and I think I'll have to live it for the rest of my life :(

Pics

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 03/25/2013 5:19 pm

You consulted a plastic surgeon and they wouldn't help you? They weren't willing to do anything? Excise the larger ones?

Believe me mine is just as bad imagine one of the scars you have right on your forehead :(

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 03/25/2013 5:37 pm

take your smallest hypertrophic scar and keep saturating with lugol's iodine...

paint the scar 3-4 times a day for 1 month .Then wait to exfoliate.

See if you have results(they must be since regeneration will begin from bottom to up)

MemberMember
(@damnlife)

Posted : 03/25/2013 5:43 pm

Yeah, they they took a look and said sorry we can't help you I even tried to convince them, but no they didn't even explain why they wouldn't excise it.

I still can't figure it out, I know any kind of excision etc. leaves scar but much better than these. Still I think they are too lazy to do this, cuz it's time consuming and not an easy job...

take your smallest hypertrophic scar and keep saturating with lugol's iodine...

paint the scar 3-4 times a day for 1 month .Then wait to exfoliate.

See if you have results(they must be since regeneration will begin from bottom to up)

MemberMember
(@panos)

Posted : 03/25/2013 5:49 pm

acne scars are difficult due to the depth..i think this works for scar likes scratches cuts and stuff..

but if you keep saturating your skin with the stuff...it sheds rapidly(dont worry no chemical burn or anything)

and after days the users say they say a plastic sheet like layer that indicates deepr regeneration is taking place underneath..

Anyway anything that can attack fibrosis will give results in one way or another..

Be sure though to consider your whole lifestyle.no one can expect results from an inflammation producing system.

Btw i saw your other thread about people being afraid lol and think is skin cancer or something....

Reall those people are pathetic and give me much more hope to others and also making me understand

that what i am belongs to my core and has nothing to do with others,so i am the only one that can improve myself..

MemberMember
(@damnlife)

Posted : 03/27/2013 8:22 am

acne scars are difficult due to the depth..i think this works for scar likes scratches cuts and stuff..

but if you keep saturating your skin with the stuff...it sheds rapidly(dont worry no chemical burn or anything)

and after days the users say they say a plastic sheet like layer that indicates deepr regeneration is taking place underneath..

Anyway anything that can attack fibrosis will give results in one way or another..

Be sure though to consider your whole lifestyle.no one can expect results from an inflammation producing system.

Btw i saw your other thread about people being afraid lol and think is skin cancer or something....

Reall those people are pathetic and give me much more hope to others and also making me understand

that what i am belongs to my core and has nothing to do with others,so i am the only one that can improve myself..

I'm kinda afraid of myself lol I feel you know... like I really have some skin cancer, but it's not, it's fucking hypertrophic scars the 2nd worst type of scars in the world after keloids :(

@ughhhhh How are your scars today? =)