Notifications
Clear all

Are these scars?

MemberMember
(@zoe1028)

Posted : 05/23/2019 9:06 pm

I have relatively clear skin, but recently one side of my face has been breaking out with cystic acne. I know I shouldn™t have, but i picked at it and picked off the scabs once it scabbed over. All of these marks are from the last two months. Are these scars? How can I get rid of them?

656FDD0A-4254-41CE-96B6-2CC3F2BFBEB3.jpeg

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/23/2019 10:55 pm

Do you still have pus or nodules or cysts in your skin in the red areas ?

The red areas look like inflammation to me, rather than scars. Are the red areas "weeping" or are they dry ? Was your skin dry or wet with clear liquid and/or a bit bloody under the scabs when you picked them off ?

Do you have dandruff or flaking skin (or a white coating on your tongue) ? Have you taken antibiotics or accutane ?

MemberMember
(@zoe1028)

Posted : 05/24/2019 2:05 am

No, no more modules or cysts, just reddish pink skin. It looks almost like a layer of skin is missing. And the surrounding areas are dark and discolored. The red areas are dry and were not bloody when I picked off the scabs.

I have no dandruff, flaking skin, or white tongue.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/24/2019 2:14 am

thanks Zoe

Do you think the reddish areas are inflamed ? They look to be inflamed to me.... ??

MemberMember
(@zoe1028)

Posted : 05/24/2019 8:52 am

They dont feel inflamed, its more like theres a layer of missing skin in those areas. Im not sure if that means theyre scars.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/24/2019 11:05 pm

Ok, they probably are scars. I am not an expert on scars... The missing skin should fill in over time.