Notifications
Clear all

Aqua Glycolic [Ends Acne. Ends Red Marks]

MemberMember
(@bradlee)

Posted : 08/09/2007 3:28 pm

Cool. Good deal, well I'll stop in Walgreens sometime today then.

MemberMember
(@joey-2)

Posted : 08/09/2007 5:00 pm

Cool. Good deal, well I'll stop in Walgreens sometime today then.

You might have to order it.

MemberMember
(@grimz)

Posted : 08/09/2007 5:33 pm

Update: its beeeennnn, hmm.....I dunno maybe a week since I've started using this and I do love it. Its great stuff, my complexion is getting so much better and I havent broken out (naturally, I got 3 tiny zits from my football helmet right next to my hairline but nothing major). It doesnt irritate me at all and its made my skin smooth and nice, I love it.

MemberMember
(@joey-2)

Posted : 08/09/2007 5:37 pm

Update: its beeeennnn, hmm.....I dunno maybe a week since I've started using this and I do love it. Its great stuff, my complexion is getting so much better and I havent broken out (naturally, I got 3 tiny zits from my football helmet right next to my hairline but nothing major). It doesnt irritate me at all and its made my skin smooth and nice, I love it.

I mean its great that over time it can help red marks but its wonderful its stopping new pimples.

MemberMember
(@kar)

Posted : 08/09/2007 6:28 pm

I got mine late last night, Alot bigger than i thought it was going to be....My moms said when she bought it, The lady said my skin will get worse before better 😐 Did that happen to you?

If she meant purging then no. It's not like a retinol that gets deep inside the skin, this only really gets the surface. The first two days my active pimples got redder but my cheeks (which have a red tint all the time which I found out was because of little red pimples) really faded. This morning my face looks the best in years. Also, those pictures in my profile are from 2005 when I was on Tane. I don't have that much active acne. The best part of this stuff is the fact I didnt have to purge!

No purging here too, I did only 4 applications yet and no new acne , yet to see improvement though , I know it is too soon so I am patient

MemberMember
(@joey-2)

Posted : 08/09/2007 7:15 pm

I got mine late last night, Alot bigger than i thought it was going to be....My moms said when she bought it, The lady said my skin will get worse before better 😐 Did that happen to you?

If she meant purging then no. It's not like a retinol that gets deep inside the skin, this only really gets the surface. The first two days my active pimples got redder but my cheeks (which have a red tint all the time which I found out was because of little red pimples) really faded. This morning my face looks the best in years. Also, those pictures in my profile are from 2005 when I was on Tane. I don't have that much active acne. The best part of this stuff is the fact I didnt have to purge!

No purging here too, I did only 4 applications yet and no new acne , yet to see improvement though , I know it is too soon so I am patient

First two days I didn't see anything. My pimples also seemed red. Right now I'm still applying to the few pimples I have left and those spots get RED! but the rest looks pretty good. It's a slow process but this has been the best I've found.

MemberMember
(@zantestsuken)

Posted : 08/09/2007 7:53 pm

anyone know if anybody sells this to the uk?

none of the online stores seem to ship abroad 🙁

This guy on eBay ships to the UK.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...atchlinkus

I am planning on ordering some from this user as well. It's such a pity drugstore.com don't sell internationally as they have some kind of offer on it at the moment I believe.

Anyway, it seems like promising stuff and has many 5-star reviews on drugstore.com, makeupalley.com, amazon.com and others. Many of these reviews suggest that it is better used twice a day to achieve better results.

Either way, if it only helps a little bit I will be pleased and it does seem to be effective in clearing clogged pores from reading the reviews which I have a few of from my longish hair getting onto my forehead.

MemberMember
(@angereatingdemon)

Posted : 08/09/2007 10:45 pm

Mr. Redmark, you said you might have to order it online. Is there any reason Walgreen's or Wal-Mart wouldn't have it?

MemberMember
(@grimz)

Posted : 08/09/2007 10:48 pm

Mr. Redmark, you said you might have to order it online. Is there any reason Walgreen's or Wal-Mart wouldn't have it?

Go to the Walgreens pharmacy and ask for it, thats what I did. They had no idea what I was talking about at first and told me to check the skin care isle, but then the pharmacist came out and found me to tell me that he found it in the pharmacy. So if you go there and they're clueless ask them to check because it is back there.

MemberMember
(@kraven-moorhead)

Posted : 08/10/2007 10:30 am

They prolly won't have it...But CVS orderd it for me and had it there the next day waiting for me. Im sure Walgreens or Wal-Mart would do the same.

Day two-So far so good. Usually i wake up with new whiteheads everymorning, But today i woke up with none I love this stuff already

MemberMember
(@angereatingdemon)

Posted : 08/10/2007 11:26 am

Walgreen's ordered it and said they'd have it in Monday morning, can't wait, all of you who are trying it keep posting updates

MemberMember
(@joey-2)

Posted : 08/10/2007 4:27 pm

My face is about the same today. Sometimes I look at it and think, what the hell happened and others I can see the difference. I'm hoping after a full month, I can finally be myself again.

MemberMember
(@angereatingdemon)

Posted : 08/10/2007 5:48 pm

What about acne, is it keeping your acne under control, no new breakouts?

MemberMember
(@kar)

Posted : 08/10/2007 6:00 pm

No new breakouts so far, I did 6 applications so far.

MemberMember
(@grimz)

Posted : 08/10/2007 7:41 pm

I havent had a breakout since I started using it like 2 weeks ago, I love this stuff.

MemberMember
(@kar)

Posted : 08/10/2007 9:22 pm

I havent had a breakout since I started using it like 2 weeks ago, I love this stuff.

Have your red/brown marks improved? I yet to see mine .. again, it has only been 3 days.. so no worries

MemberMember
(@grimz)

Posted : 08/10/2007 9:48 pm

Have your red/brown marks improved? I yet to see mine .. again, it has only been 3 days.. so no worries

Yes I am now but im like two weeks in, this stuff takes time but its gentle and stops break outs, so I could care less how long it takes to get rid of my remaining red marks since I know that it actually IS removing them, and I have seen a noticable difference.

MemberMember
(@kar)

Posted : 08/11/2007 9:39 am

Update after 7 applications:

No new breakouts. The existing acne are in the last stages . Red marks looks less red and more brown and below the surface. are they signs of fading????

MemberMember
(@suzincarolina)

Posted : 08/11/2007 10:25 am

I don't think I can try this yet, because I am waiting for my skin to calm down from a TCA treatment. My skin had no red marks before the treatment and how I got rid of those was with a glycolic acid product called Pimple Eraser http://www.pimpleeraser.com/ . I used it and washed with Cetaphil.

Would using the Aqua Glycolic cleaner work better than the regime I had been using? I am very anxious to start working on the new red marks as soon as the skin there is strong enough to take it. It is tough to have red marks again after being done with them for months on end.

The other Aqua Glycolic products are not worth using? The cleaner alone does the job?

What's your current regimen? I find that glycolic acid in toner form is the best thing I ever did for my acne. I use the Avon product you see in my signature; it has 10% glycolic acid. It also improved the tone and texture of my skin overall. Love it. 😀 Pretty much any glycolic toner with at least 10% glycolic will perform rather well. Combine it with salicylic acid and perhaps a retinoid and you have a system that's cheaper than Obagi and just as effective, if not more so for more people.

I was using Cetaphil, Pimple Eraser, and Stridex 2% before I went in to get the TCA cross. I also used Bare Escentials Bare Vitamins and Neutrogena sunscreen under my mineral makeup.

MemberMember
(@dogluver323)

Posted : 08/12/2007 12:00 am

I have been trying out the MaMa lotion, which has 10% mandelic and 10% malic acid for about a week now. I only use it every other evening to build up my tolerance (according to the instructions), and I don't seem to be getting any irritation. I do notice my pore seem cleaner in the morning when I wake up.

I'm wondering how effective could a cleanser with AHA be, since you only have it on your face for a few seconds before you rinse it off? Is it better to go with a lotion like MaMa? Or maybe GA peels? I am also considering the peels--I've heard it can do wonders for red marks.

MemberMember
(@fuzion)

Posted : 08/12/2007 3:48 am

I use alpha hydrox (which is similar to aqua glycolic) at night and I have seen really good results. The first week of using it caused some serious flaking, but after week 1 my skin has been looking amazing.

MemberMember
(@wildflower)

Posted : 08/12/2007 9:06 am

I have been trying out the MaMa lotion, which has 10% mandelic and 10% malic acid for about a week now. I only use it every other evening to build up my tolerance (according to the instructions), and I don't seem to be getting any irritation. I do notice my pore seem cleaner in the morning when I wake up.

I'm wondering how effective could a cleanser with AHA be, since you only have it on your face for a few seconds before you rinse it off? Is it better to go with a lotion like MaMa? Or maybe GA peels? I am also considering the peels--I've heard it can do wonders for red marks.

I was using MaMa lotion too, every other evening. It didn't help much with my red marks. It just made my skin peel sooo much and left it dry and flakey. I switched to glycolic acid since then and I've had GREAT results!

I use alpha hydrox (which is similar to aqua glycolic) at night and I have seen really good results. The first week of using it caused some serious flaking, but after week 1 my skin has been looking amazing.

Hey fusion,

I'm so glad to hear Alpha Hydrox is working out for you. Are you using the souffle? I LOVE the souffle!!

MemberMember
(@dogluver323)

Posted : 08/12/2007 11:12 am

I was using MaMa lotion too, every other evening. It didn't help much with my red marks. It just made my skin peel sooo much and left it dry and flakey. I switched to glycolic acid since then and I've had GREAT results!

Hey fusion,

I'm so glad to hear Alpha Hydrox is working out for you. Are you using the souffle? I LOVE the souffle!!

So are you just using a GA wash or toner everyday? Which product are you using?

MemberMember
(@weenie-beenie)

Posted : 08/12/2007 11:21 am

Would it be too much to use this as a facial cleanser if I already use Avon Retexturizing Pads 10% GA every other morning? I don't want to use TOO much GA.

MemberMember
(@wildflower)

Posted : 08/12/2007 12:27 pm

Hey fusion,

So are you just using a GA wash or toner everyday? Which product are you using?

I'm using the 12% glycolic souffle and the Alpha Hydrox Sheer Silk moisturizer which is also an AHA.