Notifications
Clear all

Aqua Glycolic [Ends Acne. Ends Red Marks]

MemberMember
(@swab)

Posted : 08/08/2007 4:27 pm

when should i use this, i am currently on dans reg. should i just replace dans moisturizer with this one?

MemberMember
(@joey-2)

Posted : 08/08/2007 5:16 pm

when should i use this, i am currently on dans reg. should i just replace dans moisturizer with this one?

I wouldn't use the Moisturizer Aqua offers, I've read bad things about its use on acne-prone skin. I use the cleanser and I think it would be a perfect replacement ONLY if your acne is non-inflammatory. I'm getting the toner this week and will tell everyone how much it helps in conjunction with the cleanser.

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 08/08/2007 5:23 pm

I don't think I can try this yet, because I am waiting for my skin to calm down from a TCA treatment. My skin had no red marks before the treatment and how I got rid of those was with a glycolic acid product called Pimple Eraser http://www.pimpleeraser.com/ . I used it and washed with Cetaphil.

Would using the Aqua Glycolic cleaner work better than the regime I had been using? I am very anxious to start working on the new red marks as soon as the skin there is strong enough to take it. It is tough to have red marks again after being done with them for months on end.

The other Aqua Glycolic products are not worth using? The cleaner alone does the job?

What's your current regimen? I find that glycolic acid in toner form is the best thing I ever did for my acne. I use the Avon product you see in my signature; it has 10% glycolic acid. It also improved the tone and texture of my skin overall. Love it. 😀 Pretty much any glycolic toner with at least 10% glycolic will perform rather well. Combine it with salicylic acid and perhaps a retinoid and you have a system that's cheaper than Obagi and just as effective, if not more so for more people.

MemberMember
(@kar)

Posted : 08/08/2007 5:23 pm

Glycolic is an excellent treatment for red marks and it works on active acne, too, particularly comedonal acne (the kind that isn't inflamed but consists of whiteheads and blackheads and clogged pores).

Amazing Stuff.

Glycolic acid is amazing!! I use the 12% glycolic souffle and its made a HUGE difference in my red marks.

Okay guys, seriously, give me the straight talk. I hope this isn't another trend like Bio Oil that peope were raving about and did almost NOTHING for my redmarks...

I have the kind of redmarks that last for ages - Is this product going to fail me as well?

well, you won't know it unless you try it. Frankly I am so desperate that I will try anything. I just used it twice until now, I have couple active acne and lot of marks. Face didn't peel or felt dry. I will keep updating , may it will help you decide.

MemberMember
(@aubrey87)

Posted : 08/08/2007 5:52 pm

Hi! This stuff is probably the best stuff I've ever used. Honestly. I know that I have a lot of blackheads that I cant see. . but this stuff is bringing them to the surface and getting rid of them. My skin is so smooth, no dry skin or flaking. . my makeup application is so easy now, it makes my skin bright smooth and clear looking. I seriously recommend this product, it's been working wonders. I'm really happy with it 😀

I have olive skin tone, hope this doesn't cause any side effect. Glad to know there is no flaking because I absolutely have to apply makeup to cover my ugly spots. I am so fed up of looking at face everyday. I really hope this helps. I got it today . I am going to try this tonight.

Do you use this morning and evening?

I don't see why your skin tone would have anything to do with whether the product works or not... it shouldn't be a problem. Yeah I use this morning and night. I use a cold cream to remove my makeup in the morning (i work 3rd shift so my schedule is backwards) then after the cold cream I dry my skin and then use the aqua glycolic. At night I just use the aqua glycolic since I usually don't have any makeup to wash off at that point.

MemberMember
(@kar)

Posted : 08/08/2007 5:57 pm

Hi! This stuff is probably the best stuff I've ever used. Honestly. I know that I have a lot of blackheads that I cant see. . but this stuff is bringing them to the surface and getting rid of them. My skin is so smooth, no dry skin or flaking. . my makeup application is so easy now, it makes my skin bright smooth and clear looking. I seriously recommend this product, it's been working wonders. I'm really happy with it 😀

I have olive skin tone, hope this doesn't cause any side effect. Glad to know there is no flaking because I absolutely have to apply makeup to cover my ugly spots. I am so fed up of looking at face everyday. I really hope this helps. I got it today . I am going to try this tonight.

I don't see why your skin tone would have anything to do with whether the product works or not... it shouldn't be a problem. Yeah I use this morning and night. I use a cold cream to remove my makeup in the morning (i work 3rd shift so my schedule is backwards) then after the cold cream I dry my skin and then use the aqua glycolic. At night I just use the aqua glycolic since I usually don't have any makeup to wash off at that point.

Because certain lasers and creams can cause hyper pigmentation on darker skin tones .

How much improvement have you noticed with this product.

MemberMember
(@aubrey87)

Posted : 08/08/2007 6:09 pm

Because certain lasers and creams can cause hyper pigmentation on darker skin tones .

How much improvement have you noticed with this product.

Ive been using it for a week today and its really improved the clarity and texture of my skin. It's becoming more even and smooth. It has also cleared up active acne and my redmarks are beginning to get lighter and lighter 😀

MemberMember
(@kar)

Posted : 08/08/2007 6:14 pm

Ive been using it for a week today and its really improved the clarity and texture of my skin. It's becoming more even and smooth. It has also cleared up active acne and my redmarks are beginning to get lighter and lighter 😀

Glad to know it is helping you . I hope it works for me tooo.

MemberMember
(@kraven-moorhead)

Posted : 08/08/2007 6:20 pm

ONLY if your acne is non-inflammatory.

Ok....I know what that means....But i don't know what that means, When it comes to acne...Explain please

MemberMember
(@joey-2)

Posted : 08/08/2007 7:45 pm

ONLY if your acne is non-inflammatory.

Ok....I know what that means....But i don't know what that means, When it comes to acne...Explain please

Do you get big painful pimples? I don't know how to explain it but I have little pimples and red marks but i do get whiteheads. Either way, you can try the stuff, after a week now, I can say this has done more for my face than anything else. You can check the forums, I've had no success with anything and I've been here since 2005. I shouldn't get to excited in case disappointment comes. I'm happy right now. I see more of my natural skin color more everyday and OMG pimples are just vanishing!!

MemberMember
(@moondoy)

Posted : 08/08/2007 8:03 pm

Hey how do you apply it on? My face is usually oily so should i cleanse and then use Aqua or just use Aqua? ALso i got 1 inflamed around my chin you think it would be ok to use it?

MemberMember
(@joey-2)

Posted : 08/08/2007 8:17 pm

Hey how do you apply it on? My face is usually oily so should i cleanse and then use Aqua or just use Aqua? ALso i got 1 inflamed around my chin you think it would be ok to use it?

My skin is extremely oily and has been since I was 13. Do not use any other cleanser with it, I'd assume it would be way to over-drying plus, Aqua does a good enough job of cleansing. I get in the shower and wet my hands, I then pump a good amount of the Aqua in my hand and apply to a dry face. I rub it in for about 10 seconds then rinse it out by rubbing. That's about it.

MemberMember
(@moondoy)

Posted : 08/08/2007 8:26 pm

dry meaning oily face?

MemberMember
(@joey-2)

Posted : 08/08/2007 8:33 pm

dry meaning oily face?

Yes.

MemberMember
(@kraven-moorhead)

Posted : 08/08/2007 9:03 pm

No...I just get random white heads that come in around my mouth area ...So you just wash your face with this night and day and thats it...You don't apply nothing else? And how long does it usally last for?

MemberMember
(@joey-2)

Posted : 08/08/2007 9:44 pm

No...I just get random white heads that come in around my mouth area 😡 ...So you just wash your face with this night and day and thats it...You don't apply nothing else? And how long does it usally last for?

I use this and still spot treat with BP. Best part is the redmarks from the BP don't last as long. I just got it a week ago, its hard to tell how much is in it because of the packaging, but it should last me another month or so. Either way, I'll gladly pay 12 dollars for clear skin. I also put a moisturizer on some spots on my face. I havent applied moisturizer to my whole face in years, only my cheeks and temples.

MemberMember
(@kraven-moorhead)

Posted : 08/08/2007 9:51 pm

Hmmmmmmm

I looked at your pictures and yours looks alot like mine...Just not as bad...Im stealing your regimen ...What kind of BP do you use?

MemberMember
(@tech99)

Posted : 08/09/2007 12:31 am

hmmm im going to buy this aqua glycolic cleanser and i was wondering if i could use BHA in combination with it or do u guys think it would be too irritating ? my plan would be to wash with aqua glycolic twice a day and only put on BHA at night time

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 08/09/2007 12:46 am

hmmm im going to buy this aqua glycolic cleanser and i was wondering if i could use BHA in combination with it or do u guys think it would be too irritating ? my plan would be to wash with aqua glycolic twice a day and only put on BHA at night time

It's fine. Take a look at my regimen (signature). I use BHA, glycolic acid (the Avon product), and Green Cream (a retinoid) with no irritation. Many people find that BHA and glycolic together will clear them up nicely. If you get irritation, wash with a sensitive skin cleanser once a day and the Aqua Glycolic the other time.

MemberMember
(@truman-gerdfunge)

Posted : 08/09/2007 4:29 am

anyone know if anybody sells this to the uk?

none of the online stores seem to ship abroad 🙁

This guy on eBay ships to the UK.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...atchlinkus

yep i ordered it from him 😀

I was thinking about ordering from him. He's got 46 left, so plenty to go around! Any problems with him or was it all smooooth and quick?

it hasnt arrived yet, but it seemed simple enough 🙂 shame the posting costs more than the product lol but i aint got anything to lose with it.

MemberMember
(@kraven-moorhead)

Posted : 08/09/2007 5:58 am

I got mine late last night, Alot bigger than i thought it was going to be....My moms said when she bought it, The lady said my skin will get worse before better :| Did that happen to you?

MemberMember
(@joey-2)

Posted : 08/09/2007 7:36 am

I got mine late last night, Alot bigger than i thought it was going to be....My moms said when she bought it, The lady said my skin will get worse before better 😐 Did that happen to you?

If she meant purging then no. It's not like a retinol that gets deep inside the skin, this only really gets the surface. The first two days my active pimples got redder but my cheeks (which have a red tint all the time which I found out was because of little red pimples) really faded. This morning my face looks the best in years. Also, those pictures in my profile are from 2005 when I was on Tane. I don't have that much active acne. The best part of this stuff is the fact I didnt have to purge!

MemberMember
(@kraven-moorhead)

Posted : 08/09/2007 12:36 pm

Used it first time this morning...My skin feels really soft

MemberMember
(@bradlee)

Posted : 08/09/2007 2:54 pm

So we're just changing over to the Cleanser made by this Manufacturer?

Here's what I'm using now:

Dan's Cleanser

Dan's BP

2% SA Toner on T-Zone

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion during the DAY

Dan's Moisturizer at NIGHT.

I've recently also found a sample of Retinol 100 -- Been applying 2x daily on nose for blackehads for last 5-6 days. Doesn't seem to have done much?

Would you reccomend me to switch to this?

I don't have a problem with acne really. It's more of the fact that when I do get the occassional spot, I have tendency to pop the whitehead when it's at or near the surface, leaving red marks. The marks generally disappear after a few weeks, but it's annoying for the days they're there.

MemberMember
(@joey-2)

Posted : 08/09/2007 3:27 pm

It really does make your skin feel soft. I touch my face a lot even though I shouldn't because it feels so much smoother.

So we're just changing over to the Cleanser made by this Manufacturer?

Here's what I'm using now:

Dan's Cleanser

Dan's BP

2% SA Toner on T-Zone

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion during the DAY

Dan's Moisturizer at NIGHT.

I've recently also found a sample of Retinol 100 -- Been applying 2x daily on nose for blackehads for last 5-6 days. Doesn't seem to have done much?

Would you reccomend me to switch to this?

I don't have a problem with acne really. It's more of the fact that when I do get the occassional spot, I have tendency to pop the whitehead when it's at or near the surface, leaving red marks. The marks generally disappear after a few weeks, but it's annoying for the days they're there.