Notifications
Clear all

Recommended Products To Help With Red Marks

MemberMember
(@healtysceptic)

Posted : 04/15/2004 11:52 am

Puredeming intense gel is the best product I have ever used for overall skin health. It is really amazing and yields instant results.

Apple Cider vinegar is incredible also.

James

MemberMember
(@laina)

Posted : 04/15/2004 11:58 am

Elicina (yeah, I know i'm in the minority but it really works for me)

CP serum

ReVive Cellular repair

Emu oil

Cider Vinegar

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/15/2004 4:02 pm

Puredeming intense gel is the best product I have ever used for overall skin health. It is really amazing and yields instant results.

Apple Cider vinegar is incredible also.

James

MemberMember
(@happybunny)

Posted : 08/16/2004 12:03 pm

can you purchase puredeming ig in canada and not through the website?

MemberMember
(@rossignol)

Posted : 08/16/2004 4:54 pm

I think (don't quote me on this!) that the only way to purchase puredeming products is via their website. I'm not aware of any shops that stock them - I seem to recall Deming once telling me in an e-mail that they do not distribute their products to shops.

If it's any reassurance, puredeming's postage is very reasonable and their service is superb.

On another subject, thought I'd add my top 5 products to the list!

1) Amino-plex spray.

2) Emu oil.

3) 100% pure manuka oil and/or Living Nature's manuka oil and honey antiseptic gel.

4) Puredeming Intense Gel R-ALA.

5) Regular Copper peptides serum.

bb_icon_mrgreen.gif

MemberMember
(@bobowang)

Posted : 08/21/2004 2:32 pm

this thread is really good!!! I like it.

MemberMember
(@rossignol)

Posted : 08/21/2004 2:48 pm

Glad you like it! smile.gif

MemberMember
(@qwerasdf)

Posted : 08/23/2004 4:41 pm

this looks like a really helpful thread...I've got a few questions for the ppl here:

1)for the ppl who HAVE seen improvemetns with their favorite products: what types of scars have the products helped fade? the ones with rolling edges? red marks? hyperpigmentation?

2)how long does it take for the results to show (especially if youre using the puredeming intense gel) since im thinking of getting that)?

3)have most of you already stopped getting acne and are only treating scars? like, could I use the puredeming stuff along with my tazorac and neutrogena acne wash?

4) do most of you have white/fair skin? I am asian and have a darker skin tone, so can similar results still be expected?

thanks in advance

MemberMember
(@rossignol)

Posted : 08/24/2004 4:01 pm

Hello - with reference to the intense gel, here are my opinions:

1) The Intense gel has not helped with my actual scarring, in my experience, but has helped fade red marks and improve overall skin condition. It also tightens the skin to make scarring somewhat less noticeable.

2) results with the intense gel are visible immediately - your face may look a little red for about half an hour after removing the product, but it is likely that you will have a 'glow' and that your redness will have faded a little. Better results are gained the more you use the product - don't expect miraculous results first time but you may see an immediate effect on your skin condition.

3) It is best to use the R-ALA version of the intense gel if you still suffer from breakouts, as this contains jojoba oil rather than sunflower and olive oil. Jojoba oil has less tendency to clog pores. The Intense gel won't help with active acne, though. I think you could use it along with the products you've mentioned but DO NOT use it immediately after tazorac, as you may suffer a burning sensation as the alpha lipoic acid works on the newly peeling skin. (not something you want to be happen)

4) I have white skin, of medium-dark tone. I would expect the intense gel to have an equally good effect on darker skin tones, as it works by improving the skins condition rather than by peeling away the skin.

Hope this is helpful.

MemberMember
(@qwerasdf)

Posted : 08/24/2004 11:57 pm

thanks for the answers, and all the advice, i guess ill wait to use the stuff after my acne actually stops dry.gif

MemberMember
(@rossignol)

Posted : 08/25/2004 8:51 am

It's up to you - you could use the intense gel now, I think, but just bear in mind that it won't help your active acne, and also don't use it immediately after applying tazorac. (You could use it the next morning)

MemberMember
(@sactoguy)

Posted : 08/27/2004 4:42 pm

I'm very new here, and I'm still confused about how to use acne scarring treatment with BP gel, especially the PureDeming IG. Which one do you guys recommend to use with Dan's BP gel? I'm having some noticeable red marks and I still breakout.

MemberMember
(@rossignol)

Posted : 08/29/2004 1:48 pm

I don't know about this, as I have never used BP in conjunction with the Intense Gel. I would think that the R-ALA version would be the one you would be best off with, although you might want to try the less intense 'regular' version if the BP is irritating your skin at all (ie: redness, peeling etc)

Has anyone else used BP in conjunction with IG? What are your feelings?

MemberMember
(@kooky)

Posted : 08/30/2004 2:11 pm

I personally like Pevonia scrub as my cleanser.

It's gentle enough but also does a good job of

cleansing my pores and blackheads with the

little granules.

Their marine DNA cream is a pretty good

moisterizer but kinda expensive.

I am curious about this highly touted new product

call StriVectin. Their marketing slogan is "Better

than Botox". I wonder if it actually helps stimulate

and build collagen. It is pretty darn expensive

at $150 per 6 oz tube. If anyone has used it and

think it's a good product let us know. I read a

NY Times article that it smooths out wrinkles, but

it's not as effective as botox.

MemberMember
(@redhedgrl)

Posted : 08/31/2004 7:52 pm

I probably haven't tried nearly as much as others on here in regards to my scars, because I think I've always continuously tried to improve my skin, but I try conservative methods that I can easily afford yet I think will give me results.

I do want to thank whoever recommended the PureDeming Intense Gel R-ALA to this forum. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I was a bit hesitant to order it, but I kept reading posts on the results and made sure to note any caveats, and I just took the plunge and bought a 1 oz. bottle.

Good lord, I love this stuff. I left it on my skin all night the first day I got it, and I woke up and noticed a difference immediately. My skin glowed, and although I notice my skin is plumper and the scars are less noticeable in the morning anyway, this was remarkable. And where I normally see the scars get a bit more noticeable by evening, since I've been using the PureDeming Intense Gel, my skin is toned and smooth and glowing from morning until night. I just can't believe it. I love this stuff. I never expected it to work so great. I also think the results are doubly good when I do a maintenance glycolic peel in the morning after using it all night. I did a 40% glycolic peel the night after using PD for the first time, and then I applied my Sage Firming & Brightening cream (which has given me nice results, too) and I had tight, tone, glowing skin all day long...my makeup even looked better because my skin was so smooth and I didn't have to do as much to conceal my various imperfections. bb_icon_mrgreen.gif

So my list of top products would be (don't have 5 'cause there's more work to be done and more stuff to check out!)

1) PureDeming Intense Gel R-ALA

2) Glycolic peels (40% and 65%)

3) Sage Skin Care's Firming and Brightening Cream (plumps up my skin and gives me that pretty glow like I'm blushing from within)

I have a 12.5% TCA peel on hand that I am waiting for an opportunity to try. Seems like I can't get a stretch where I don't have something I can't look like the Creature from the Black Lagoon for, so I am just biding my time. Meanwhile, I'm happy with how I'm looking with the PureDeming and with my mineral makeup to help me hide what I don't want anyone but me to see. bb_smile.gif

I would love to recommend the PureDeming to some ladies I know would love it, but I'm afraid PureDeming would start running short and not have enough for us who really need it! Is that wrong? bb_wink.gif I might slip the name to just a few so PureDeming gets some nice word-of-mouth marketing and make sure they stay in business. They gotta keep making this stuff!

~Kat

MemberMember
(@junkeroos)

Posted : 09/11/2004 11:50 pm

Has anyone use Dermatix? Check out the before and after link. Looks like a very good product for tissue scars not only for pimple scars:

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules*

MemberMember
(@genie78)

Posted : 09/19/2004 9:46 am

WHich is really better? The regular Puredeming intense gel or the new one? I'm concerned because I bought the old intense gel. I hope I don't break out. Does it cause breakouts? What's the best peel available at puredeming? Is Glycolic better than lactic acid peel?

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@rossignol)

Posted : 09/19/2004 4:58 pm

Hi,

Personally, I got better results with the R-ALA version of the Intense Gel. However, I did not break out from the regular version, and still feel this is an excellent product. It is unlikely you will break out from it as you are only leaving it on your face for a maximum of one hour.

I haven't used the glycolic peels from Puredeming, but have been using the lactic for a couple of weeks. many acne sufferers tolerate lactic better than glycolic as it is more gentle on the skin. For a wider range of acid peels, you might want to check out homepeels.com, makeupartistschoice.com or loganwoodskincare.com

Hope this is useful.

MemberMember
(@theextricateapparition)

Posted : 10/02/2004 3:26 pm

What about acv?

MemberMember
(@rossignol)

Posted : 10/08/2004 4:26 am

ACV (apple cider vinegar) is good for tackling red marks too! biggrin.gif

MemberMember
(@fifflove)

Posted : 10/28/2004 3:17 pm

I see everyone is recommending pure demming intense gel but your not stating which one? I am loking to decrease breakouts and eliminate red marks. Which one do you recommend? I noticed some have alot of oil..wouldnt that make you breakout more?

MemberMember
(@ftriggerf)

Posted : 11/04/2004 10:05 am

I think this may be my first post here, though I've lurked on and off for over 2 years. Since my skin is changing I am starting some new regimens I'll post about if they help. (trying a generic Strivectin). Something I have used for the last 3 or so years (wouldn't be without it now) that's really improved my skin tone and acne is glycolic acid, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put a link where I purchased it, so I won't. Good luck to everyone and thank you for all the info I've received here.

MemberMember
(@sart123wrath)

Posted : 11/07/2004 4:25 am

It seems, according to this site, that the most popular product is

the PUREDEMING intense gel. Does it really do anything to pitted scars?

Thanks for any feedback

MemberMember
(@sart123wrath)

Posted : 11/07/2004 8:21 am

HI, has anyone bought stuff from platinum skin care before?

Are they reliable? I was thinking of getting some peels or maybe even the CP serum from them. Just want to see if they are as good as SkinBio..

MemberMember
(@ruperki9)

Posted : 11/08/2004 6:23 pm

Hi I was wondering if anyone has successfully used Elicina for icepick pores?From,RuPerki9 eusa_think.gif