Notifications
Clear all

Recommended Products To Help With Red Marks

MemberMember
(@urbangurl)

Posted : 08/24/2013 9:49 am

40% Lactic Acid Peel by Make Up Alley's Choice is the bomb. I wish I had started using this earlier...it would have saved me a lot of unrest over the state of my skin. Disclaimer: I'm familiar with MUAC chemical peels and have been using AHA for about 6 months. I actually use the 40% Lactic Acid Peel every other day for about 5-7 minutes. I know how dangerous it can be to now follow the directions provided by MUAC but I've heard of other people doing that and I figured my skin could handle it..I was right and I've seen about a 30% lightening of my pretty dark red marks in the past week in a half. You will get the same results if you do it once a week and I would definitely recommend just following the directions provided with the product, however I'm impatient and wanted to get rid of these pesky suckers STAT. GO BUY THIS PRODUCT NOW if you're dealing with PIH. I know how upsetting it can be, especially after you already have clear skin but it looks like you still have a face of acne due to red marks. This product has been sent from the heavens!

MemberMember
(@kalinka)

Posted : 08/27/2013 3:33 pm

Yay! I'm so glad that the lactic acid peel is working for you :)

MemberMember
(@jazzypanda)

Posted : 09/14/2013 3:28 am

I think the methods described in this article are very promising for us acne scar surffers:

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules*

Aloe vera brings on cellular regeneration, and when used long-term - by this i mean consistently for 24 hours a day straight - it will start to repair the damage done by acne scaring. You have to keep the acne scar covered in aloe all the time without it drying up basically. Check out the article!

Can you elaborate?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 09/15/2013 12:42 am

High frequency facials and galvanic can help a lot with red marks and inflammation. I'm surprised they are not as popular in the US as they are in Europe.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/20/2013 4:48 pm

Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads. They are advertised for wrinkles but they work fantastic for red marks. It is jar with pads soaked in an acid

solution, the acid is a mixture of glycolic, salicylic, and lactic. They are meant for daily use but they work just as well if you need to skip days. I use them

daily because my skin is pretty tough. Even with a retinoid and bp these pads don't irritate my skin, and over time I can definitely see the red marks fade

(faster than they do on their own). Pads aren't cheap, but I cut them in half and find 1/2 a pad works fine for the whole face.

I've learned that it's better to stick with more frequent applications of a gentler acid than trying to bomb the face with something strong. As people have

said here repeatedly, red marks take time to heal, regardless. I used a 15% TCA peel from MUAC that didn't do anything for the red marks.My face

turned red, peeled a little, and the marks were still there, unchanged. I'm already seeing results from daily applications of the Un-Wrinkle Pads, and it's

only been a couple of weeks.

I've used the Pads in the past. Should have stuck with what worked.

MemberMember
(@preed)

Posted : 12/05/2013 12:20 pm

These recommendations are great! :) I was wondering which would be most on dark skin! I am indian and when my hyper pigmentation seems to stay around forever thanks to all my melanin! Any one here with darker skin with success using any of these products? Thanks for the help!

MemberMember
(@sadcozofscars)

Posted : 12/27/2013 12:03 pm

Sorry for posting here. How come, I still can't see my posts?

MemberMember
(@sadcozofscars)

Posted : 12/27/2013 12:06 pm

I'm really interested in lactic acid. I just learned it yesterday from someone's post. I'm working in downtown. If let's say I apply it tonight, will my face be red the following days? If so, how many days does the lactic acid last?

MemberMember
(@kalinka)

Posted : 12/27/2013 1:48 pm

I'm really interested in lactic acid. I just learned it yesterday from someone's post. I'm working in downtown. If let's say I apply it tonight, will my face be red the following days? If so, how many days does the lactic acid last?

Unless you start with a high concentration (e.g. 60%) or your skin is very sensitive, most likely not. It's one of the gentlest acid peels so there's no "downtime" like with intense stuff like TCA peels.

MemberMember
(@sadcozofscars)

Posted : 12/27/2013 3:58 pm

Unless you start with a high concentration (e.g. 60%) or your skin is very sensitive, most likely not. It's one of the gentlest acid peels so there's no "downtime" like with intense stuff like TCA peels.

I just bought a 40% lactic acid peel in Amazon. I hope my skin will be fine. I will apply it next Friday evening.

Do you think it can reduce the scars?

MemberMember
(@kalinka)

Posted : 12/27/2013 11:14 pm

I just bought a 40% lactic acid peel in Amazon. I hope my skin will be fine. I will apply it next Friday evening.

Do you think it can reduce the scars?

If by scars you mean red marks then yes it'll help. But actual indented scars it really doesn't help with, it's too gentle and it doesn't go deep enough.

MemberMember
(@wasimo)

Posted : 12/30/2013 6:41 pm

I have done 3 25% TCA peels in a period of 3 months spaced one month apart for the sole purpose of removing red marks and scars. Sorry to burst your bubble but it did not do ANYTHING for red marks period. All they helped with is the hyper pigmentation and they somewhat helped the scar texture. BTW I frosted and I had a good 1-2 weeks of downtime for each TCA peel i did. They are amazing at making my skin nice and I plan to have another one soon.