Notifications
Clear all

Dmso: The Best Fix For Acne

MemberMember
(@hawaii4life)

Posted : 02/02/2014 1:50 pm

Hey girls, acne sucks but you shouldn't allow it to control your life. So what if you have zits? You can still have fun. Did you know endorphins, or what I call "happy hormones", are produced in abundance when we're feeling good? Coincidentally, endorphins help boost the immune system to kick out unwelcome intruders like zits. Therfore, don't think too much about acne. That will only suppress endorphins. Just go on with life and and have fun. smile.png

I really like your outlook! Its something that personally I need to work on because I really do stress to much about it when in reality other than a few things not a whole lot there is for it.

I've spent so much money on huge brands that claim their products will clear up acne. It's all a bunch of bull. They want to make money from us, if their products would actually work they wouldn't have so much buyers !

It might sound silly, but the best products I used so far are the neutragena acne exfoliant and acne spot gel. Great products!

I agree! I'm just still amazed that acne has been around for a relatively decent amount of time (at least since modern science has begun) and we still have no general cure (Accutane but i wouldnt consider that a cure to be honest) I dont understand why that cant produce accutane without the nasty side effects. But then again I'm not a scientist so maybe something like this is in the works

MemberMember
(@ladypink)

Posted : 02/02/2014 2:24 pm

Hey girls, acne sucks but you shouldn't allow it to control your life. So what if you have zits? You can still have fun. Did you know endorphins, or what I call "happy hormones", are produced in abundance when we're feeling good? Coincidentally, endorphins help boost the immune system to kick out unwelcome intruders like zits. Therfore, don't think too much about acne. That will only suppress endorphins. Just go on with life and and have fun. :)

I really like your outlook! Its something that personally I need to work on because I really do stress to much about it when in reality other than a few things not a whole lot there is for it.

I've spent so much money on huge brands that claim their products will clear up acne. It's all a bunch of bull. They want to make money from us, if their products would actually work they wouldn't have so much buyers !

It might sound silly, but the best products I used so far are the neutragena acne exfoliant and acne spot gel. Great products!

I agree! I'm just still amazed that acne has been around for a relatively decent amount of time (at least since modern science has begun) and we still have no general cure (Accutane but i wouldnt consider that a cure to be honest) I dont understand why that cant produce accutane without the nasty side effects. But then again I'm not a scientist so maybe something like this is in the works

I know it's just like rocket science. So difficult to understand. Accutane is so scary I don't even want to go there!

Also sirius is the DMSO cream spot or like a full facial treatment?

First, I want to mention that DMSO comes in two forms: gel and liquid. The one that I use is a gel. There's really no need to buy the liquid form since you can make your own by simply adding a little bit of water to the gel.

On that note, I recommend that you spot treat your acne. I would start out slow and apply to a few spots. If you encounter no irritation then you may broaden out to the rest of the face. One thing to keep in mind is that you may experience some sting and itch, not unlike the sensation following a mosquito bite, which can last about 5 to 10 minutes.

Also, depending on the severity of the cysts, I would further suggest that you grind up an Aspirin into a fine powder and dissolve it in hot water (only very small amount of water is needed) and add the content to the DMSO. Pour the concoction in a bottle for future use.

So I bought gel DMSO! I tried it as a spot treatment this morning and my cyst already reduced in size!!!! BUT I do see a little irritation because my skin is red and itchy.

Maybe my skin needs to get used to it, it's so sensitive!!!!

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/02/2014 3:51 pm

So I bought gel DMSO! I tried it as a spot treatment this morning and my cyst already reduced in size!!!! BUT I do see a little irritation because my skin is red and itchy.

Maybe my skin needs to get used to it, it's so sensitive!!!!

That's completely normal. My face also got quite red at first. What I did was applied Rosehip Seed Oil and the irritation gradually dissipated. Unless your skin becomes acclimated to DMSO, this will recur in the future so moisturize your skin.

I suggest you apply anti-inflammatory oil like the Rosehip or Avocado oil (even EVOO will help). Otherwise, go ahead and apply a moisturizer of your choice to the spots between treatments.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/03/2014 3:10 am

How's your beautiful skin holding up, Miss Pink?

MemberMember
(@ladypink)

Posted : 02/03/2014 6:25 am

Everything is clearing up with a little redness, so I applied a great cream and it's getting better!

I've got to say that all my cysts are completely reduced in size!!!

I'm also in my third month of YAZ and that to is really clearing my skin up!

Crossing my fingers that no new cysts pops up out of nowhere!

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/03/2014 7:36 pm

Now that you are fighting on two fronts at the same time, inside and out, I'm sure you'll be glowing in health in no time. Go pink!

As for me, I'm starting a new regimen utilizing various essential oils with DMSO. Up until now, I've used DMSO to only spot treat acnes on an as-needed basis and never on the entire face for any significant length of time. However, I've found a research study done on DMSO, which illustrates that 99% DMSO has shown to effectively break up those stubborn scar tissues. Hence, I will start by using the combination of DMSO and Castor Oil for this week. Castor also has the anti-scar property so it should bode well with the former. Anyway, stay tuned. I'll keep you posted.

MemberMember
(@ladypink)

Posted : 02/03/2014 8:40 pm

Nice so happy I stumbled on this post =)

I know that I have anxiety issues and stress is probably a major factor but I'm hoping I can stay clear.

We always feel so much better about ourselves when we can look in the mirror and see beautiful smooth skin !!!

MemberMember
(@hawaii4life)

Posted : 02/03/2014 11:53 pm

Nice so happy I stumbled on this post =)

I know that I have anxiety issues and stress is probably a major factor but I'm hoping I can stay clear.

We always feel so much better about ourselves when we can look in the mirror and see beautiful smooth skin !!!

I honestly could not agree more. Just the feeling of waking up with no acne would be life changing for me

Now that you are fighting on two fronts at the same time, inside and out, I'm sure you'll be glowing in health in no time. Go pink!

As for me, I'm starting a new regimen utilizing various essential oils with DMSO. Up until now, I've used DMSO to only spot treat acnes on an as-needed basis and never on the entire face for any significant length of time. However, I've found a research study done on DMSO, which illustrates that 99% DMSO has shown to effectively break up those stubborn scar tissues. Hence, I will start by using the combination of DMSO and Castor Oil for this week. Castor also has the anti-scar property so it should bode well with the former. Anyway, stay tuned. I'll keep you posted.

And please do! Scars depending on what time are very hard to get rid of. I hope the castor oil works for you!

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/04/2014 3:36 am

Truth be told, I started the regimen last night. When I woke up this morning, the skin felt super-tight. I ain't so sure if that's a good thing or not but it didn't feel all that bad. Plus, what the hell did I have to lose? I figure it can only get better. Lol

MemberMember
(@ladypink)

Posted : 02/04/2014 5:29 am

Guys CO 2 laser treatment for scars is amazing but really expensive!

We need to do a lot of skin resurfacing to balance out our skin tone and smooth out the bumps and scars!

I have red marks where those cysts were! I hope that one day i'll have suck a kick ass skin that I wont have to wear makeup to cover it up.

I hope the castor oil helps you too

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/04/2014 11:54 am

I dunno. From what I've been able to make out from the plethora of patient feedback, here and elsewhere, I can only say CO2 delivers random and unpredictable results. For some, it gave them a second chance in life. But for most, it produced little to no improvement. Even for those who got the most benefit, it wasn't until after series of three or more laser treatments, and oftentimes mixed with another invasive procedures like subcisions, did they see improvement.

The question is could all that slashing and burning of your skin be any good in the long run? I don't think so. Every time you fry (or what they call "ablate") your face with laser, your entire face crusts and peels off just as if you got a MAJOR sunburn. Well, imagine what would happen if you were to deliberately burn your face every few months, as many as 3 to 4 times a year? It can't be good IMO.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/05/2014 2:03 am

Truth be told, I started the regimen last night. When I woke up this morning, the skin felt super-tight. I ain't so sure if that's a good thing or not but it didn't feel all that bad. Plus, what the hell did I have to lose? I figure it can only get better. Lol

It must be my creative imagination but my scar already looks softer. I'm already in love with myself. At this rate, I'll be looking like Georgia C. Looney in two weeks. My, oh, my! :)

MemberMember
(@ladypink)

Posted : 02/06/2014 7:43 pm

What to do about red marks and scars. I'm so desperate !!!! I guess I just need to give it time. Or try the lasers. I don't know anymore. All I know is that I've spend A LOT on acid peels and microdermabrasion treatments and it did NOTHING !

MemberMember
(@ladypink)

Posted : 02/08/2014 8:08 pm

YAZ is doing a great job. My cysts are practically all gone on my face. I have hyperpigmentation and red marks but those are normal after acne. I am trying to get rid of bacne ? I don't have much on my back but it started up again because i've been working out like crazy and seems to make it worse.

I get a shower right away after my work out, but my back still seems irritated from a little bacne.

What should I do about it ? Any suggestions ....

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/10/2014 1:36 am

Way to go. There's nothing more liberating than to be free from those nasty cysts. Anyway, I'm very happy for ya. Do you think DMSO made much contribution? I wasn't sure if it's just me.

MemberMember
(@time2care)

Posted : 02/23/2014 11:13 am

I have used DMSO with great success on many ailments ranging from back pain to skin cancer, but I have never heard about DMSO used for acne. I personally tried it on a few occasions for my acne in the past with not much success. Although my acne has never been cystic, just small bumps covering my face, neck, chest and back, along with extremely oily skin.

I'm glad DMSO worked on your acne!

MemberMember
(@adhiendha)

Posted : 02/24/2014 6:59 am

nice info. thanks