Notifications
Clear all

Topical ibuprofen gel is blooming good for acne!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/01/2011 12:01 pm

bump bump bump

MemberMember
(@courtz)

Posted : 12/16/2011 3:35 pm

This is a fantastic idea! Thanks, will deffo try it out [Edited image out]

MemberMember
(@jordosaur)

Posted : 12/27/2011 4:44 am

So so curious to try this! My prior experience with BP didn't yield many results. Duac worked and after two weeks I had lovely skin and then after about week 5 it stopped working. I finished my course but it didn't work at all after week 5.

I also intended on buying the Tea Tree & Witch Hazel products from Boots today anyway.

Anyone know if Boots' own Ibuprofen gel is okay to use?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/27/2011 1:07 pm

of course ! I just use whatever is cheapest on the shelves.

I have seen it in the 99p Store and Poundland.

MemberMember
(@jordosaur)

Posted : 12/27/2011 2:31 pm

of course ! I just use whatever is cheapest on the shelves.

I have seen it in the 99p Store and Poundland.

Ah good, I went and bought some today and decided Boots' own one would be fine. So my new regimen looks like this starting tomorrow...

AM

- Boots Botanics Pore Perfecting Deep Cleanse Mousse (I'm unsure whether to swap this for Clean&Clear Morning Energy Shine Control facial wash though. I bought it already so kinda want to get my use out of it, but it contains beads and SLS as a top ingredient so I think I'll leave it tbh)

- Boots Ibuprofen 5% gel

- Boots Botanics Oil-Free Moisturiser

PM

- Boots Botanics Pore Perfecting Deep Cleanse Mousse

- Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Night time Treatment Gel

- Clean&Clear Dual Action Oil-Free Moisturiser

If after years of using products from the likes of Neutrogena, Witch, Oxy, L'Oreal, No7 etc that Boots' own ranges work, I'll kick myself. Their ranges are so inexpensive! I'm already loving the Pore Perfecting deep cleanse mousse, I got it yesterday and saw result immediately. Their moisturiser rocks too, I was using neutrogena oil-free one but it left me feeling greasy but theirs is very matte. The Clean&Clear moisturiser left me feeling greasy, but as it was oil-free I knew it wouldn't be a problem as long as I used it in the night and today I woke up with my spots visibly reduced!! So now with the addition of the Tea Tree & Witch Hazel night gel and Ibuprofen, I'm hoping I'll finally get clear!

Also bought the TT & WH foaming wash but it contains SLS so I'll hold off using it. I got the TT & WH blemish stick too, but that was just because it was 3 for 2 and I thought I might aswell take advantage of the deal 😛

MemberMember
(@temp123)

Posted : 04/06/2012 1:45 am

Still doing this. Stlll works great.

5% ibuprofen gel twice a day, with face cream straight on top, to which I added a few percent by volume tea tree oil and shook it to dissolve it.

AM

- Boots Botanics Pore Perfecting Deep Cleanse Mousse (I'm unsure whether to swap this for Clean&Clear Morning Energy Shine Control facial wash though. I bought it already so kinda want to get my use out of it, but it contains beads and SLS as a top ingredient so I think I'll leave it tbh)

- Boots Ibuprofen 5% gel

- Boots Botanics Oil-Free Moisturiser

PM

- Boots Botanics Pore Perfecting Deep Cleanse Mousse

- Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Night time Treatment Gel

- Clean&Clear Dual Action Oil-Free Moisturiser

Not enough ibuprofen gel- you need it twice a day!!!! You might or might not get away with doing the tea tree oil in the evening only, but not the ibuprofen.

MemberMember
(@sansa)

Posted : 05/27/2012 5:58 pm

Hello,

I found this thread and signed up. I have a few questions.

1. Would a Tea tree oil cream work just as well or would I need to buy some Tea tree oil and a moisturiser an mix it?

2. How much ibuprofen do you put on every time?

3. Anyone have a suggestion for a good moisturiser?

MemberMember
(@mara1911)

Posted : 03/09/2019 5:52 pm

Can anyone tell me if those gels dry out your skin?