Notifications
Clear all

Looks like acne, could it be foliculitis?!

MemberMember
(@outsizedsun)

Posted : 08/27/2017 11:25 pm

Hello, 
i have suffered with acne since I was 11 years old and have had it under control many times. First, my acne started on my forehead and I went to the dermatologist about two years after it started. The doctor prescribed me with topical medications, and the acne was under control until about three years later. Then, I went back and was prescribed an oral antibiotic that I was on for about a year. The acne was cleared up until then. Then, it wasn't helping any longer, most likely because I built a resistance to it, so I quit taking it. Went back for an appointment and was given new topical medication. Didn't work. Tried some stuff on my own and it did not work. So, I went to a new dermatologist and was given a new topical medicine and that never really worked so went back and was given more oral antibiotics. Never really worked. So a couple weeks ago, I decided to get a facial and get everything extracted from my excessive oily skin. There was a lot. The esthetician gave me Yonka products which I have been using for the past two weeks. I still haveIMG_5778.PNG terrible bumps on my forehead and am developing bumps on my chin. I say bumps because I am wondering if it is foliculitis. The esthetician said I may need probiotics. Any input would be appreciated. I do have little hairs on my forehead. 

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 08/28/2017 11:37 am

im no way a skin expert but it does look yeast problem(?) - ive read some old threads where people recommendmild anti-fungal washes like "head and shoulders" or "nizoral" to cure this type of problem but i have no idea if it would work.

i would recommend doing a forum search for acne bump cure.