Notifications
Clear all

Exercise and Acne

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/28/2017 7:49 pm

After not working out for a few years due to acne, rosacea and occasional PD, I started walking in the park 2 weeks ago, 4-5 times a week, 3-4 miles each time. I feel good. My energy is up and I feel like I'm finally putting the rightfoot forward with my health. Within that time however, I notice that I am breaking out more and more with puss filled pimples. I've been on spiro going on two years and elidelcream for my eczema and it's been for the most part great. Any insight if my acne is a result of working out? I don't want to stop but I don't want my skin to go back to being horrendous.

thoughts?

i shower as soon as I get done.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 07/29/2017 6:54 am

i tend to do quite intense cardio, between 3 to 6 times a week and ive been doing it for many years now.

IMO i would not say exercise causes ance.

i sometimes break out on my back, chest and face but i tend to link this to bad diet and bad/shower gel's rather than simply exercising. (dont forget to keep hydrated with water )

i would say firstly try changing your shower gel and if your getting breakouts in a certain area, ie your back, avoid using soap in that area and only use water...thats what works for me.

MemberMember
(@oxalis)

Posted : 07/31/2017 9:59 am

I feel like the sweating etc can make your skin feel more oily and dirty and can cause pore clogging. Maybe have a clean towel with you you can pat your face dry with and then follow up with blotting papers to keep the oil at bay while working out. I really only run/jog for exercise for the most part and I use clean armbands I dab my face dry with and wash when I get home.

If you're getting acne on your body due to exercise too I'd recommend the Neutrogena body clear acne body wash