Notifications
Clear all

Need real advice

MemberMember
(@glow1784)

Posted : 07/28/2017 4:53 pm

Hi, I'm a 14 year old girl. I have an oily  t-zone like most teenagers but my skin is dry and patchy at the same time. My problem are my forehead acne/bumps, I don't know what to exactly call it but it's sort of a mixture of these little bumps and painful pimples. (Picture Below) I know a lot of people deal with this sort of thing but bear in mind I'm only 14 and can't afford to order all these products that should clear my skin. Tbh I think it's caused by a few things: hormones,diet,dehydration, and ­stress is definitely one. But I guess I can't exactly get rid of stress seeing as i get more stressed when thinking about how stressed I am. Then there's my hormones, my ma always said  my acne had something to do with how late my hormones were? Or something to do with the lack of my vitamin intake? I'm not too sure (maybe both?) but I sort of took her word for it because the redness of my forhead seems to go down right before my period starts  when it ended  I'd always get a  new  horrid spot added to forehead. My diet right now is pretty bad especially now my summer holidays have began I'm eating pretty much junk and I've hardly drank water but somehow I still remain as thin as a twig. Sorry about that long rant I've been dealing with my stubborn forehead acne for almost 3 years now and I have tried most things to get rid of it but as soon as it would go down it'd sprought right back. // I I'd appreciate if someone with more knowledge to this sort of thing other than my ma could help me sort a plan for my five week holiday to clear my face of acne and stuff for good and return to school glowingg.  IMG_1067.PNG

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 07/29/2017 9:58 am

worth doing a acne.org search for "acne cure", there will be some helpful advice you can use.

but some basic stuff-

drink more water.

some say avoiding milk and dairy products helps (milk is high in hormones)

avoid fizzy drinks / sugar.

dont wash your face more than once a day - i would recommend only using water.

also avoid soaps which haveSLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is an irritant)

there is also the "caveman regimen", which is quite good http://www.acne.org/search.html?q=caveman regimen&i=forum-posts

MemberMember
(@priscilla-romans)

Posted : 07/29/2017 8:27 pm

Try some benzoyl peroxide you can get it at Walmart. Also it might be worth getting a toner at Walmart as well. Neurogena makes a good low cost one.

MemberMember
(@itshazza)

Posted : 07/29/2017 9:52 pm

I have the same issue except my acne is a tad different. I am also trying to clear my skin up before school.

One important thing to always remember is that your true friends will love you whether you have acne or not; same with a guy. If they can't accept that fact that you have it, they are not worthy of your time.

Think of your skin skin as a toddler. Now throw a pile of paper work at the toddler (or take a teenager and throw a list of chores at them). Chances are it will cry and get stressed out. That's basically how you want to think about your skin. Find products that work for you and your skin. Same w a routine. Don't switch it unless you've done research on what you're about to do to your skin.

Witch hazel seemed to help help a lot when I did bumps all over. I don't reccomend this if your skin is sensitive, but I dabbed alcohol on pimples and they dried out very fast over night.

As for during school, if you're concerned about the texture of your skin due to the acne, I suggest you look at Neutrogena's makeup with salycilic acid in it