Notifications
Clear all

How I cleared my Acne

MemberMember
(@sanamz)

Posted : 09/15/2016 9:02 pm

Since my early teens I had the occasional whitehead. This later cleared in my early 20s for a short period. In my mid 20s however I started getting regular daily whiteheads. A day didn't pass when a new spot would form. This progressed to multiple spots and occasional deep cysts. I am of Asian origin, male with coarse facial hair. I tired several facial products buying a new brand every week to try clear my skin. Each further irritated my skin made things worse.

The following is how I managed to clear my skin completely in under 2 weeks. I now have been spot free for over 4 months.

Try this if you suffer from mild/moderate acne, have thick facial hair and regular ingrown hairs.

1. Drink more water

2. Shaving: Philips One Blade, a hybrid razor like electric trimmer. This gave me a smooth irritation free shave with zero ingrown hairs and no skin irritation.

3. Face Wash: I used a brand called Simple from Boots. Cheap. No harsh chemicals. Wash only once a day at night.

4. Moisturiser: Neutrogena daily moisturiser. Light. Doesn't block pores.

5. BP: Every night I applied 5% BP. Just a thin layer. Since my skin has cleared I have switched to 2.5% to maintain.

MemberMember
(@454077_1443952480)

Posted : 01/27/2018 8:12 pm

Hi when you shave with the Phillips one blade do you wet shave with shaving cream or do you shave dry.

I recently bought one and decided to use it wet with shaving cream. Unfortunately for me acne broke out on my chin really bad 24 hours after shaving.

I'm wondering if I should have tried a dry shave instead. If you could let me know how you use this product that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Will