Clear all

help 🙁

MemberMember
(@jenjen77)

Posted : 09/15/2016 6:31 pm

I feel all of the place. I am completely depressed from my acne
My skin was fine with occassional breakouts from 2015-beginning of 2016
I was using Arcona and SkinMedica.
I then needed to save $$ and could no longer afford those products. I worked as an esthetician at a day spa and my skin got worse and worse the more I tried their products (Jane Iredale & Cosmedix)

I started working for Jan Marini and at first I thought my skin was clearing up, but then I got on Duality and their Retinol Plus and my skin started purging like crazy and NEVER STOPPED. I now feel like Ive hit rock bottom. Ive had suicidal-type depressive thoughts (I promise I am not in any danger).

I pulled back and started using only their Cleanser, Bioglycolic (Glycolic, Salicylic, Azelaic mild formula) and Oil-free moisturizer. I started using my SkinMedica Retinol again.

My dermatologist is recommending I go on Spironolactone and so is Jan Im terrified of the side effects Ive heard about (weight gain, depression, loss of libido, dizziness) so I really want to avoid taking it.

My question is if my acne was able to be controlled while using both Arcona and SkinMedica, and then I started using Cosmedix, Jan Marini, Jane Iredale and my acne became full-fledged wouldnt the skin care most likely be the culprit and not the hormones?

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 09/17/2016 6:55 am

Yeah its very possible that too many skincare products could irritate the skin. Personally I used Retin-A and azelaic acid and they work well, but never fully cleared me up. If you're willing to do it, I'd push accutane seeing how badly acne affects you and your overall well-being.

Jenjen77 liked