Clear all

hormonal acne, spironolactone, change in regimen

MemberMember
(@jenjen77)

Posted : 08/31/2016 10:41 am

I feel all of the place. I am completely depressed from my acne
My skin was fine with occassional breakouts from 2015-beginning of 2016
I was using Arcona and SkinMedica.
I then needed to save $$ and could no longer afford those products. I worked as an esthetician at a day spa and my skin got worse and worse the more I tried their products (Jane Iredale & Cosmedix)

I started working for Jan Marini and at first I thought my skin was clearing up, but then I got on Duality and their Retinol Plus and my skin started purging like crazy and NEVER STOPPED. I now feel like Ive hit rock bottom. Ive had suicidal-type depressive thoughts (I promise I am not in any danger).

I pulled back and started using only their Cleanser, Bioglycolic (Glycolic, Salicylic, Azelaic mild formula) and Oil-free moisturizer. I started using my SkinMedica Retinol again.

My dermatologist is recommending I go on Spironolactone and so is Jan Im terrified of the side effects Ive heard about (weight gain, depression, loss of libido, dizziness) so I really want to avoid taking it.

My question is if my acne was able to be controlled while using both Arcona and SkinMedica, and then I started using Cosmedix, Jan Marini, Jane Iredale and my acne became full-fledged wouldnt the skin care most likely be the culprit and not the hormones?

MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 08/31/2016 2:01 pm

Have you tried getting rid of all the harsh products and just using a gentle cleanser? Sounds like youre irritating it