Notifications
Clear all

UPDATE: chin acne and scar (pic included)

MemberMember
(@anniebittlestone)

Posted : 07/02/2016 2:29 am

Hi, it's my first time posting on here so here goes nothing! You are gonna think I'm an idiot here but a couple of months ago I tried the toothbrush technique to get rid of blackheads on my chin and nose. BAD IDEA. For days my chin was scabbed over and oozing blood and a clear liquid. It was the same with my nose but it died down quicker and only left a small mark of hyperpigmentation that I just call a burn. On the other hand, even four months on my chin has a permanent scar on the crease and I have lots of white heads and blackheads that have turned into painful pimples all over my chin. I have tried EVERYTHING  but nothing gets rid of them. My chin is permanently red and spotty, it's really getting me down. I'm going on holiday next week where I can't wear make up to cover it (it's even difficult to cover) PLEASE HELP preferably home remedies or things that I might already have THANKYOU!image.jpegUPDATE: 
Okay so it has now been over 5 months and it seems to be getting worse . It is very red painful and sloops like it has spread all over my chin. I have tried all of the methods that you guys have recommended but nothing works. 

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/03/2016 2:58 pm

I recommend being very gentle with your skin, try green tea bags, maybe some milk of magnesia. Turmeric mask ( turmeric+ milk ) and don't pick or scrub it at all. You could add in crushed aspirin too.

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 07/05/2016 6:17 am

Your chin is not severe so don't worry. I haven't heard of the toothbrush technique but it doesn't sound very good, sounds abrasive. I would suggest a salicylic acid cleanser and benzoyl peroxide for your spots

MemberMember
(@anniebittlestone)

Posted : 07/05/2016 7:55 am

On 3 July 2016 at 8:58 PM, snarkygirl said:

I recommend being very gentle with your skin, try green tea bags, maybe some milk of magnesia. Turmeric mask ( turmeric+ milk ) and don't pick or scrub it at all. You could add in crushed aspirin too.

Thankyou I will try this and hopefully it works!

MemberMember
(@monroeqt)

Posted : 07/05/2016 4:50 pm

On July 2, 2016 at 2:29 AM, anniebittlestone said:

Hi, it's my first time posting on here so here goes nothing! You are gonna think I'm an idiot here but a couple of months ago I tried the toothbrush technique to get rid of blackheads on my chin and nose. BAD IDEA. For days my chin was scabbed over and oozing blood and a clear liquid. It was the same with my nose but it died down quicker and only left a small mark of hyperpigmentation that I just call a burn. On the other hand, even four months on my chin has a permanent scar on the crease and I have lots of white heads and blackheads that have turned into painful pimples all over my chin. I have tried EVERYTHING  but nothing gets rid of them. My chin is permanently red and spotty, it's really getting me down. I'm going on holiday next week where I can't wear make up to cover it (it's even difficult to cover) PLEASE HELP preferably home remedies or things that I might already have THANKYOU!image.jpeg

Your acne is not even close to being severe. I second the aspirin spot treatment. Add a drop of water to an aspirin and once it turns into a paste, put it directly on your spots for as long as you wish(I suggest leaving it on overnight). 

MemberMember
(@anniebittlestone)

Posted : 07/06/2016 11:40 am

18 hours ago, MonroeQT said:
On 2 July 2016 at 8:29 AM, anniebittlestone said:

Hi, it's my first time posting on here so here goes nothing! You are gonna think I'm an idiot here but a couple of months ago I tried the toothbrush technique to get rid of blackheads on my chin and nose. BAD IDEA. For days my chin was scabbed over and oozing blood and a clear liquid. It was the same with my nose but it died down quicker and only left a small mark of hyperpigmentation that I just call a burn. On the other hand, even four months on my chin has a permanent scar on the crease and I have lots of white heads and blackheads that have turned into painful pimples all over my chin. I have tried EVERYTHING  but nothing gets rid of them. My chin is permanently red and spotty, it's really getting me down. I'm going on holiday next week where I can't wear make up to cover it (it's even difficult to cover) PLEASE HELP preferably home remedies or things that I might already have THANKYOU!image.jpeg

Your acne is not even close to being severe. I second the aspirin spot treatment. Add a drop of water to an aspirin and once it turns into a paste, put it directly on your spots for as long as you wish(I suggest leaving it on overnight). 

I know it isnt severe now but baring in mind that this is nearly five months on it is quite bad and painful to move my chin, thankyou for the advice and I would love to try it but I don't think that they sell it wherei live so do you know any alternatives??