Notifications
Clear all

Nothing works for my acne

MemberMember
(@sam2255)

Posted : 07/02/2016 10:15 am

Hi im a 16 year old girl and ive had acne since i was about 11. I have tried almost everything and nothing will work. Instead of a bunch of large pimples i have what feels like millions of small bumps all over my forehead. I also have regualar acne by and on my nose and on my cheeks and temples. At this point i cant even remember what a clear forehead looks like. When i first got my acne i started using a drugstore face wash like nuetrogena or clearasil. I also tried proactive. These didnt work so my mom took me to a dermatologist. The dermatologist gave me a topical cream that just made my face more inflamed and red. So at my next visit she gave me a different cream that did nothing and no effect on my skin. After a couple year of just trying different useless topical creams and my acne getting worse my dermatoligist finally put me on birth control. The birth control was the only thing that worked. I was so happy and finally almost happy with my skin. This was about a year ago and a couple months ago my acne got worse for some reason. It started with just a pimple here and there but now my acne is worse than ever. I went to a different dermatologist and she gave me an acne treatment called skinceuticals. My skin is now so red and inflamed that it hurts to move my face. Along with it being painfully dry there is somehow acne still under the dry peeling skin. At this point i have tried pretty much everything and have no idea what to do. Im embarressed to go out of the house. If anyone has any recomendation or has had similar acne troubles please let me know.

MemberMember
(@iwikiwi)

Posted : 07/03/2016 4:02 am

Can you let us know what products you have been using long with your prescriptions and what products you are using now, everything from wash to moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 07/03/2016 4:17 am

^ Agreed. We need the names of the topical treatments you've tried.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/03/2016 2:39 pm

Hmm sounds really frustrating.
Aside from telling us the names of the topicals, maybe you have a secondary yeast or pityrosporum folliculitis on your forehead?

MemberMember
(@sam2255)

Posted : 07/03/2016 6:09 pm

I think the first one i used was clindamycin diphosphate i dont know about that spelling haha. I also used epiduo and one or two others that forget the names of. They had me washing with cetaphil which i didnt think really cleaned my skin. Right now im using clenziderm md foaming cleanser and pore toner and 3 times a week skinceuticals micro exfoliating scrub. I occasionally use aveeno moisturizer. Thanks for responding!

i think tazorac was another one that made my skin get really red and irritated

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/04/2016 9:00 am

14 hours ago, Sam2255 said:

I think the first one i used was clindamycin diphosphate i dont know about that spelling haha. I also used epiduo and one or two others that forget the names of. They had me washing with cetaphil which i didnt think really cleaned my skin. Right now im using clenziderm md foaming cleanser and pore toner and 3 times a week skinceuticals micro exfoliating scrub. I occasionally use aveeno moisturizer. Thanks for responding!

i think tazorac was another one that made my skin get really red and irritated

People with sensitive skin don't always respond well to topicals like those.
I suggest trying turmeric mask and oatmeal mask, just mix turmeric( or oatmeal) with a bit of milk or yogurt and raw honey. Turmeric can stain a bit so do it before you shower. Or soak green tea bags on your face too.

MemberMember
(@sam2255)

Posted : 07/13/2016 7:41 pm

On 7/4/2016 at 10:00 AM, snarkygirl said:
People with sensitive skin don't always respond well to topicals like those.
I suggest trying turmeric mask and oatmeal mask, just mix turmeric( or oatmeal) with a bit of milk or yogurt and raw honey. Turmeric can stain a bit so do it before you shower. Or soak green tea bags on your face too.

ok thanks I will try that!