Notifications
Clear all

Fluid kind of melted my skin?

MemberMember
(@propheticbean)

Posted : 07/01/2016 2:08 pm

I had what appeared to be a regular spot on my face. I had a whitehead and I either cleared the white head off when washing my face or accidentally knocked my spot. As a result a tiny bit of blood appeared but also this very sticky fluid. Ive had this happened before but I was on my way out so I managed to stop the blood but I didnt realise that this other fluid that I dont know hadn't stopped. When i got home the area when the fluid has touched my skin was very red. I thought this was a side effect and thought it would wash off. But when I washed my face it turned out it my skin wasnt there and it was infact an open wound. My skin has been like this for two days and the redness has gone down a tiny bit but it hasn't healed over. And it starts bleeding at the slightest touch when i wash it. I've uploaded a photo- the dark brown bit is where the spot was and the bit below it was where the fluid touched my skin. I didnt realise when i took this picture that the spot below was starting to leak the same fluid that Im talking about. Sorry if this grosses you out!

Does anyone know what is going on with my skin??!

IMG_4377.JPG

MemberMember
(@iwikiwi)

Posted : 07/03/2016 4:20 am

The fluid definitely, definitely, definitely, hasn't done anything to your skin don't worry. The open wound was created when you scratched the spot. It's probably just serous fluid, which is nothing serious, completely benign fluid that forms when wound is inflamed and starts healing.

Avoid disturbing your spots like this in the future! Keep this one clean and dry, you can put a little bit of antiseptic on it and dress with a plaster while you're at home.

MemberMember
(@m177342)

Posted : 03/11/2022 6:36 pm

Hi! I know it has been a long time since you posted about your spots here. I know exactly what you mean and I am wondering if you ever found out what it was? I have asked doctors, mydermatologist, and most people I know. No one knows or has seen anything like it. Therefore, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!