Notifications
Clear all

While on accutane

MemberMember
(@sad1987)

Posted : 07/01/2016 2:23 pm

can I eat cheerios? Because on the box it say it has 10% vitamin A & dermatologist told me not to consume anything with vitamin A. I have seen people eating cheerios to lower down their cholestrol so I thought to eat them but this vitamin A part is worrying me. Can someone tell me if its ok to eat them with almond milk?

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/01/2016 3:41 pm

Cheerios and cereal with added vitamins are fine. The amounts are small. The doctor means don't take vitamin A supplements like cod liver oil or in pill form. There are two types of vitamin A, and beta carotene ( the one in carrots) and ones added to fortified cereals are safe.

leelowe1 and SAD1987 liked
MemberMember
(@sad1987)

Posted : 07/01/2016 7:27 pm

3 hours ago, snarkygirl said:

Cheerios and cereal with added vitamins are fine. The amounts are small. The doctor means don't take vitamin A supplements like cod liver oil or in pill form. There are two types of vitamin A, and beta carotene ( the one in carrots) and ones added to fortified cereals are safe.

So would it help lower down my cholestrol if I take cheerios with almond milk since both contain 10% Vitamin A per serving? What if it raises my cholestrol level instead of lowering them as Vitamin A raises cholestrol levels? And some say taking around 40% Vitamin A can reduce the effect of accutane.
: (

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/03/2016 12:12 pm

On 7/1/2016 at 8:27 PM, SAD1987 said:
So would it help lower down my cholestrol if I take cheerios with almond milk since both contain 10% Vitamin A per serving? What if it raises my cholestrol level instead of lowering them as Vitamin A raises cholestrol levels? And some say taking around 40% Vitamin A can reduce the effect of accutane.
: (

I doubt eating regular food would help or hurt your cholesterol, cereal is generallynot going to affect it too much one way or another.