Notifications
Clear all

B5 Hair loss Cured!

MemberMember
(@youngrobot)

Posted : 07/22/2016 6:57 pm

On 7/22/2016 at 5:33 PM, Blue09 said:

I can't actually believe inositol is possibly the cure I literally thought it was game over after years of failing lol. It will be interesting to see if it completely stops the hair shedding and then to possibly wean your self off it slowly and see what happens.

Yeah same here... I am still skeptical of course. It's only normal after years of false hope.

FYI, not to derail this thread, but thought I would share this with you sir: [Removed link]

Topical liposomal finasteride and very little gets absorbed systemically. I am obviously still wary but it seems interesting. I've spoken with H&W and not one person using the topical formulation has had any side effects (which they did on the oral dosage)

What Is Topical Finasteride?

Over the past few years the drug Finasteride has in the public domain at least acquired a reputation for having a high incidence of sexual side effects. This combined with the emergence of Post Finasteride Syndrome has resulted in a marked hesitation on the part of many patients to even try this treatment as part of a regimen for treatment of male pattern hair loss (MPH).

5 years ago approximately 50-60% of patients coming to our office were already taking finasteride. Over our last 500 virtual consultations only 18% of patients reported using Finasteride.

While their is little question of how effective Finasteride is in treating male pattern hair loss , it has become clear that fewer patients are willing to take the risk of declining sexual functioning.

An obvious question has been whether the drug can simply applied topically to the scalp to avoid side effect issues?

Finasteride is a lipophylic drug and can be readily absorbed through the scalp when compounded with regular solvents and/or penetration enhancers.

The problem here is not its effectiveness , but the fact that there is nothing to stop the drug from moving from the scalp into the circulation and going systemic. While the incidence of side effects is lower than with the oral route of administration , there is no question that they may still occur.

Novel, high tech methods of transcutaneous drug delivery have been examined to see if we can simply lock the drug into the scalp and avoid systemic absorption.

For the past few years I have been researching this option. I have joined with a pharmacological company (specializing in transcutaneous drug delivery systems) and the University of Milan, Italy in trying to produce such a topical preparation.

We have produced a liposomal gel containing silicone particles which anchor the liposomes at the skin level. This prevents most of the drug from moving further into the tissue.

Our current preparation ,which we have been supplying to a group of test patients in Italy is soon to be available worldwide. The effectiveness appears to be equal to oral Finasteride but serum levels are 1/18th that of the oral route. We have had no reports of any sexual side effects in any of the test group (+/- 100 patients). Many of these patients have been on the oral form and had to quit on account of side effects.

This preparation is not FDA approved. It has not been through the FDA approval process which takes years and costs hundreds of millions. You have to have your own physician fill out a prescription for the preparation (see below) and the gel will be individually prepared for you.

While this preparation may not be perfect it should enable patients to halt the progression of MPH effectively, with very little chance of any unwanted side effects. This will be the cornerstone of treatment for MPH.

For those individuals who have been looking for a safer way to take finasteride, a topical form is now available.

FYI I emailed H&W about this, and they responded...

"

Mike,

Thank you for contacting us.

So far our patients have not experienced side effects on the Liposomal Topical Finasteride formulation and the results are the same as with the oral medication, but with a considerably lower absorption into the blood stream.

The pharmacy will be able to provide information as far as how much DHT it will inhibit, and you can find their contact information on the link below, along with the form you would need to have filled out by your doctor in order to be able to procure the medication.

[Removed link]

Please refer to our website for more information."

MemberMember
(@blue09)

Posted : 07/23/2016 4:57 am

It looks ok but it doesn't completely stop all of the finisteride getting into your system plus I hate using topicals. Give it a go if you like Mike sit will suit others here more than me.

MemberMember
(@blue09)

Posted : 07/26/2016 3:14 pm

Any updates guys

MemberMember
(@travelleruk)

Posted : 07/27/2016 7:52 am

Been on inositol for around a week and nothing really to report. Hope it helps but not holding my breath.

MemberMember
(@youngrobot)

Posted : 07/27/2016 5:42 pm

I got my bloodtest results...

T is LOW... under ref range both TOTAL T and FREE T.

This stuff is working on lowering androgens thats for sure.

SHBG is high, as far as I know this is good for hair.

SPECIAL TESTOSTERONE: 12.8 nmol/L
men ref range age 18-50 = 10-30
age 50+ = 9-25

FREE TESTOSTERONE: 220.0 B pmol/L
ref range = 223-915

BIOAVAILABLE TESTOSTERONE: 4.5 B nmol/L
men ref range age 18-39 = 4.6-18.8
age 40-49 = 4.0-15.6
age 50-59 = 3.9-15.6
age 60+ = 3.7-13.8

SHBG = 46.0 nmol/L
men ref range 18-50 = 12.0-46.0
men other = 12.0-52.0
women ref range = 22.0-104.0

MemberMember
(@blue09)

Posted : 07/28/2016 1:24 am

Are you both shedding hair still? I guess inositol is kind of the same as saw palmetto then. What does ages are you both taking and do you have any side effects yet?

MemberMember
(@ddd_8)

Posted : 07/28/2016 3:22 am

Does anyone else experiencing dermatitis around the nose?

MemberMember
(@youngrobot)

Posted : 07/28/2016 8:28 am

7 hours ago, Blue09 said:

Are you both shedding hair still? I guess inositol is kind of the same as saw palmetto then. What does ages are you both taking and do you have any side effects yet?

Around 6-10g a day. No side effects as far as I can tell. I don't think it works like Saw Palmetto at all. Saw Palmetto inhibits 5-AR, which would boost T indirectly..

FYI, shedding is hard to say. We're supposed to shed 100 hairs a day.. and my hair is long so it's more noticeable if some comes out.

I'm personally more interested to see if the recession stops/and or things start to thicken up. It will take some if (if it happens). If the hair just stays the same that's also a win.

5 hours ago, DDD_8 said:

Does anyone else experiencing dermatitis around the nose?

Nope.

MemberMember
(@youngrobot)

Posted : 07/28/2016 8:55 am

Ummm, my TSH is very high.. I am most likely hypothyroid (underactive thyroid).. need to do more testing.

MemberMember
(@blue09)

Posted : 07/28/2016 12:42 pm

So your not getting any sexual side effects like low libido? I no they say it's normal to lose up to 100 hairs a day but before b5 I didn't notice any hair fall what so ever. Can you say for sure inositol is slowing your hair fall?

MemberMember
(@travelleruk)

Posted : 07/29/2016 1:55 am

I'm shedding a lot right now, would be great if it helps but can't see it.

Only taking 2 x 500mg inositol per day. No sexual sides, and I have tried saw palmetto before which was terrible in terms of brain fog, watery semen etc...

MemberMember
(@youngrobot)

Posted : 07/29/2016 8:12 am

6 hours ago, travelleruk said:

I'm shedding a lot right now, would be great if it helps but can't see it.

Only taking 2 x 500mg inositol per day. No sexual sides, and I have tried saw palmetto before which was terrible in terms of brain fog, watery semen etc...

When did you start?

You need to give it time.

19 hours ago, Blue09 said:

So your not getting any sexual side effects like low libido? I no they say it's normal to lose up to 100 hairs a day but before b5 I didn't notice any hair fall what so ever. Can you say for sure inositol is slowing your hair fall?

No sexual side effects. I can't say anything for sure, it's still very early...

Side note:
I would love to hear from people who took finasteride/dutasteride after B5 to see if it made their hair like before taking B5, i.e no more signs of hairloss at all and 100% healthy.. Can someone please chime in???

MemberMember
(@travelleruk)

Posted : 07/29/2016 10:29 pm

If it only helps by inhibiting dht/test then it's definitely not going to be a cure. I hope it works for another reason.

MemberMember
(@mrbushido)

Posted : 08/01/2016 12:54 am

On 2016-07-29 at 11:29 PM, travelleruk said:

If it only helps by inhibiting dht/test then it's definitely not going to be a cure. I hope it works for another reason.

That's what I'm wondering too, I'm thinking at the dose she's taking its working similar to a hair loss drug...

I ran out of psoriatrax tar shampoo and noted that some of my inflammation / hair loss came back so I tried inositol for a few days. It made me really tired, but seemed to reduce hair loss / inflammation slightly ( I took only 1 gram a day). I read on a few forums that it can exacerbate adrenal fatigue, so if you still have b5 related fatigue or have recently recovered you might want to do yourself a favor and avoid inositol.

MemberMember
(@blue09)

Posted : 08/01/2016 6:34 am

I keep reading you should take inositol with choline.

MemberMember
(@brendan452)

Posted : 08/01/2016 10:55 am

Is anyone getting good results with inositol????

MemberMember
(@giveback)

Posted : 08/01/2016 11:27 am

The topic starter took 20grams of b5 a day. That is 40 pills of 500mg per day. Even in powder form, that will really create side effects and crazy imbalances in the body.Arent there new studies of taking low dose b5 with boosters? Im currently taking 1gram of b5 plus lcarnitine once a day. Results are slow but no sideeffects. Im on month 2. Hoping i wont experience hairloss with this low of a dose

MemberMember
(@blue09)

Posted : 08/01/2016 2:04 pm

People had hairloss from only taking 500mg a day. I didn't notice my hairloss for months.

MemberMember
(@youngrobot)

Posted : 08/01/2016 2:39 pm

3 hours ago, giveback said:

The topic starter took 20grams of b5 a day. That is 40 pills of 500mg per day. Even in powder form, that will really create side effects and crazy imbalances in the body.Arent there new studies of taking low dose b5 with boosters? Im currently taking 1gram of b5 plus lcarnitine once a day. Results are slow but no sideeffects. Im on month 2. Hoping i wont experience hairloss with this low of a dose

No.

There are clinically documented studies of people using 20g+ of Inositol a day, with no issues.

MemberMember
(@youngrobot)
MemberMember
(@giveback)
MemberMember
(@brendan452)

Posted : 08/03/2016 4:54 pm

Has inositol cured any body of b5 hair loss /shedding in males I've been taking it a few weeks

MemberMember
(@blue09)

Posted : 08/04/2016 4:52 pm

What effects are you getting? Any reduced shedding? It's supposed to be better with choline. May be worth a go.

MemberMember
(@brendan452)

Posted : 08/04/2016 5:23 pm

I've not noticed any improvement in shedding still the same after 4 weeks of taking inositol and hair is really fine.i would literally do anything to reverse b5 hair loss

MemberMember
(@blue09)

Posted : 08/05/2016 3:24 pm

Things that have helped me the most are

diatomacious earth
botanical craft palm fruit
DIM complex