Notifications
Clear all

I wake up with these whiteheads every single day!! (picture)

MemberMember
(@shenn)

Posted : 06/02/2016 7:29 am

IMG_20160602_130004.jpg

Would you consider these moderate or mild? Every single morning I wake up with them, and I do everything right in terms of what people so to prevent acne. Drink loads of water, sleep on clean sheets, have a gentle cleansing routine etc,
So every morning, I gently try and get rid of them. Some come off with my cleansing routine, but some I have to give some encouragement eg pop them safely!

Any tips guys and girls?!

MemberMember
(@shenn)

Posted : 06/03/2016 4:25 am

Bump

MemberMember
(@monroeqt)

Posted : 06/03/2016 5:09 pm

In my opinion, it's pretty mild; considering that they are not widespread. Can you share what your current skincare routine is? You should try using a clay mask. They are very excellent at absorbing oil. The nose is usually the oiliest portion of the face, so that's probably why you have a lot of white heads focused in that area. I used a clay mask yesterday and I could literally see the mask pull the spots of oil from my face. It was really interesting. I used the black clay mask from fig and yarrow if that helps you. 

On June 2, 2016 at 7:29 AM, Shenn said:
IMG_20160602_130004.jpg

Would you consider these moderate or mild? Every single morning I wake up with them, and I do everything right in terms of what people so to prevent acne. Drink loads of water, sleep on clean sheets, have a gentle cleansing routine etc,
So every morning, I gently try and get rid of them. Some come off with my cleansing routine, but some I have to give some encouragement eg pop them safely!

Any tips guys and girls?!

MemberMember
(@shenn)

Posted : 06/03/2016 6:48 pm

On 6/4/2016 at 4:09 AM, MonroeQT said:

In my opinion, it's pretty mild; considering that they are not widespread. Can you share what your current skincare routine is? You should try using a clay mask. They are very excellent at absorbing oil. The nose is usually the oiliest portion of the face, so that's probably why you have a lot of white heads focused in that area. I used a clay mask yesterday and I could literally see the mask pull the spots of oil from my face. It was really interesting. I usedthe black clay mask from fig and yarrow if that helps you.

It's very strange, it's just on my nose - with the odd one around my mouth.

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish every morning and night, then rinse with cold water.
Liz Earle Exfoliator a couple of times a week, followed by steaming my face for 5 minutes and then applying Aztec Healing Clay mask. I only do this procedure twice a week, should I do any of it more often?
Instanatural Spot Treatment every night before bed on any whiteheads or spots or red marks.
No moisturizer as I have oily skin. I used Clean & Clear moisturizer for awhile, but it only seemed to make my face mega oily and break me out more.

I also bought this toner, which just seems to be a blend of witch hazel and tea tree oil. Does it look any good to you?

Thanks for any help!

Thanks for any help!

MemberMember
(@rigby2014)

Posted : 06/03/2016 7:05 pm

I would recommend a chemical exfoliator. Nip and fab do glycolic fix extreme pads and daily gentler pads which should really dissolve the dead skin and regulate oil productions which seems to be causing a buildup.

MemberMember
(@shenn)

Posted : 06/04/2016 4:27 am

9 hours ago, rigby2014 said:

I would recommend a chemical exfoliator. Nip and fab do glycolic fix extreme pads and daily gentler pads which should really dissolve the dead skin and regulate oil productions which seems to be causing a buildup.

Thanks very much.

How often should I use something like this?

MemberMember
(@shenn)

Posted : 06/04/2016 7:44 pm

Update :

I tried mixing one part water with one part apple cider vinegar, and putting some witch hazel in too. dab it all over my face in the morning and before bed - has actually reduced the inflamation alot! So far anyway

MemberMember
(@lindsaysrawjuice)

Posted : 06/04/2016 10:02 pm

Hi Shenn!!
I like the idea of the clay mask. I think that would help with the excess oilbutyou wouldn't want to do that every night. And after reading the other posts, I'm sure the other recommendations would work temporality too. As someone who once fought hard with acne and tried every topical application there was, natural and unnatural. I realized through trial and error, research, and working with the best health educators,that a lot of reasons why we break-out is because of several factors: what we put in our bodies ( food, chemicals, pesticides, hormones, etc), our stress levels, how often we move our bodies ( exercise), and how often we detoxify our bodies through many modalities.
My acne really started to clear-up once I switched from the Standard American diet to a more vegan/raw food lifestyle. I noticed that many foods cause acne, such as dairy, meats, processed foods etc.
However, I still would have little breakouts. This would cause frustration because I knew I was eating so clean and I just didn't know what else I could do. Through my research in superfoods, I came across the powerful healing qualities of adaptogen herbs. Ive been consistently taking this amazing product for a year and a half now. Its filled with superfoods, super herbs, and medicinal mushrooms. And I can honestly say now that it has helped my skin immensely. My skin has become softer, and I barely have breakouts these days. The adaptogen herbs work with your body to help balance stressors that can cause hormone imbalances, which then lead to acne breakouts. The herbs also are powerful detoxifiers, and beauty herbs. The herbs are made to help restore the skin, hair, and nails.
As I said up above, those recommendations may help temporarily, however we need to ask the question, "why am I breaking out?"
We are what we put in our bodies.Like the saying " We are what we eat".
What we put into our bodies, if not properly filtered through our internal organs, will come out of our biggest organ the skin,. Breakouts are just our bodies way of detoxifying.
So Shenn, what here resonates with you? .....

MonroeQT liked