Notifications
Clear all

Quitting Proactiv after five years?

MemberMember
(@sarahshanghai98)

Posted : 04/14/2016 10:33 pm

So I've been on proactiv for about five years, although I switched to proactiv plus when it first became available. My skin has been red for a long time, and while I went through times when it was clear I just never felt like it was doing its job, so I chose to switch.

I'm seventeen now, and bought Philosophy's purity cleanser since it seems quite natural and many people love it. I've been off proactiv for a few days now and have begun to break out. Not horribly, I've had much worse much more when using proactiv, but was curious to those who have quit how they quit, and how long it took for their skin to adjust.

MemberMember
(@kd2)

Posted : 08/14/2017 1:49 pm

I used proactiv for 5 years!!! After I stopped. I broke out horribly!!! I broke out in places I have never before. Cystic acne. I never even had that. My skin was smooth and clear with maybe two pimples I don't know why I started using proactiv anyway. Honestly it took 3 months to really start to clear up by using natural products like black African soap, witch hazel, and aloe vera!!!!!!!!! Amazing results now!! I can finally step out the house and not be ashamed or embarrassed.