Notifications
Clear all

Any advice on what I should use for my acne?

MemberMember
(@seananners)

Posted : 04/14/2016 7:59 pm

Im 17 years old and i rarely ever get acne I just like get a pimple every once in a while but out of nowhere last month I broke out on my temples and the side of my forehead, and im freaking out I bought 2 face wash creams and I wash my face two times a day... Any advice on what I should use? Should I go see a dermatologist? Should I go on accutane?

http://imgur.com/a/r0gDz

MemberMember
(@stephen-j)

Posted : 04/14/2016 8:34 pm

Have you tried the acne.org regimen? What type of face washes are you using? Could you go into a little more detail about your daily routine?
Your acne doesn't look very bad, and it's definitely not bad enough to take Accutane,as it's meant for people with severe acne. (though dermatologist sometimes give it out to patients who have mild acne) Acne doesn't go away overnight, so you might have to give it some time. I'd recommend seeing a dermatologist if things continue to get worse and only go on Accutane as a last resort.

Hope this helped and let me know if you have any more questions!

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@seananners)

Posted : 04/15/2016 9:53 am

13 hours ago, Stephen J said:

Have you tried the acne.org regimen? What type of face washes are you using? Could you go into a little more detail about your daily routine?
Your acne doesn't look very bad, and it's definitely not bad enough to take Accutane,as it's meant for people with severe acne. (though dermatologist sometimes give it out to patients who have mild acne) Acne doesn't go away overnight, so you might have to give it some time. I'd recommend seeing a dermatologist if things continue to get worse and only go on Accutane as a last resort.

I still didnt try the acne.org regimen. I am using the "Simple kind to skin moisturising facial wash" and clean and clear "deep action cream wash" When I wake up I wash my face with one of these creams and before I sleep I wash my face again. Do you think I have mild acne? or what is it exactly? and what kind of acne is this? Thanks for replying

MemberMember
(@stephen-j)

Posted : 04/15/2016 9:28 pm

11 hours ago, Seananners said:
On 4/15/2016 at 9:34 PM, Stephen J said:

Your acne doesn't look very bad, and it's definitely not bad enough to take Accutane, as it's meant for people with severe acne. (though dermatologist sometimes give it out to patients who have mild acne) Acne doesn't go away overnight, so you might have to give it some time. I'd recommend seeing a dermatologist if things continue to get worse and only go on Accutane as a last resort.

I still didnt try the acne.org regimen. I am using the "Simple kind to skin moisturising facial wash" and clean and clear "deep action cream wash" When I wake up I wash my face with one of these creams and before I sleep I wash my face again. Do you think I have mild acne? or what is it exactly? and what kind of acne is this? Thanks for replying

I definitely think it's mild acne; atleast for the moment. Sometimes it just goes away naturally and sometimes it gets worse and you definitely want to prevent it from getting any worse, but for the most part, you're skin is in pretty good shape! :)

On the back of the clean and clear product, does it say any active ingredients such as salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxie? I use the Clean and Clear blackhead eraser, which while it's not exactly a "cleanser", it functions well for a lot of people as a cleanser. If your acne does get worse, I'd definitely recommend trying someting with benzoyl peroxide in it, or go to the acene.org regiemen, though I'd wait a little while and see how things go; you don't want to start a whole regimen when all you really have is a small breakout.

Just keep us updated! I hope your acne is just a little breaout and your skin can go back to it's normal good state!