Notifications
Clear all

Should I pop it?

MemberMember
(@quicandy)

Posted : 02/07/2016 5:17 pm

It's been close to 3 weeks since I got a cortisone shot on my cyst that is on my nose. The shot reduced the inflammation by 50% but never completely went away. Now that same cyst has come to a very nicely developed white head. I have no pain whatsoever. My question is, do I pop it? Or should I just leave it alone? I'm tired on having this thing on my nose! Help!

MemberMember
(@johnnywitt19bakercharters-org)

Posted : 02/07/2016 8:47 pm

@quicandyI suggest not to pop but apply hot compress and take hot showers and it should pop on its own.

MemberMember
(@quicandy)

Posted : 02/17/2016 11:59 am

So, I popped my cyst pimple on Feb. 8th. Bad idea! It got swollen and made it bigger. So i left it alone again. Well now on Feb. 15th, it developed another white head. This time i am not touching it! I understand that a cyst pimple is not ready to be popped if the white head is not covering the whole area of the pimple. Mine still has red around the white head. How can i speed this up? I really need to pop this thing! I've had this since Dec. 2015. Help!
3_1.jpg
1_1.jpg
2_1.jpg

MemberMember
(@olenaloves)

Posted : 02/19/2016 9:38 pm

I would pop the hell out of it if I had a pimple on my nose for that long!

But I recommend steaming your face for 1-15 minutes first.
Disinfect the area with alcohol, hydrogen peroxide or salicylic acid toner.
Disinfect a needle, and gently pop the pimple.
Then apply some toilet paper/kleenex on your fingers or put on some rubber gloves (like a surgeon!) and apply REAL pressure to the surrounding area to get EVERYTHING out of it.
When you're sure you got everything out, ice the area for up to 10 minutes to prevent swelling.
After that apply some benzoyl peroxide to the surrounding area to make sure you didn't spread any bacteria. Disinfect thoroughly!
Finally finish with Polysporin (antibiotic ointment) because it will help the area heal faster, and will prevent scarring. Apply this three times a day for the next three days - only to the popped pimple. It should heal beautifully.

Hopefully, this helps and good luck taming that beast!
Olena