Notifications
Clear all

Apology And How I Cured My Acne. (Clear Skin)

MemberMember
(@kyle3000)

Posted : 08/17/2015 12:47 pm

Hi guys,

Firstly I wanted to apologize. I joined this forum in around 2007 very depressed with terrible skin. My skin has become perfect with the odd blemish every few weeks or so. For years I always felt very guilty that as my skin was getting better, I never shared my story on here, where I first came for help and posted so many posts asking for help which I got.

I've forgot my username so I've created this account just to share my story on how I got clear and hopefully help you guys too.

So how did I cure it?

Firstly I was trying so many different face washes and exfoliates and after my 6 month prescription of lymecycline my face was out of control again. So I let my face breathe. I was using so many different creams all the time that my face was never it's natural self. Pores constantly opening and closing and different lotions were making my face react badly.

So here's my daily routine. I have oily very sensitive skin and I'm a guy so I'm not 100% if this will work for people with dry skin or females but give it a go, nothing to lose,

Wake up. I shower, wet and wash my face with just the hot/warm water for about a minute, the use Loreal men expert cleansing gel. I use a small day and first wash my face away from the water for about 20 seconds and then put my face into the shower and wash it off using just my hands for about 20-30 seconds

(link- removed]

Remember: Men and women have different skin types so I always found a gender-neutral face wash never works and makes me break out, if you're male use a mans face wash to avoid breakouts.

I then pat my face dry with the towel (I tend to leave the pores open and not use cold water afterwards as the initial blast of cold air as you get out of the shower usually closes them naturally.

Leave my dry face for about 2 minutes to let my pores close naturally (this is where your face starts to feel dry) just as it does, I use Loreal hydra expert moisturizer (only a very small dab, enough to cover your face lightly as you don't want to clog all of your pores with thick moisturizer. Just enough so it can soak in and breathe slightly)

(Link - [removed])

Throughout the day my face becomes oily. I just get a towel (or sometimes tissue paper if I'm out) and wipe your face up and down. (Try use clean bits of the towel. You don't want to wipe your oily forehead and get that oil on your chin when you wipe down.) sometimes if I'm out, I use a small piece of tissue for my head, then nose, then cheeks etc..

Don't rewash your face throughout the day, it will only irritate it. I usually only have one shower a day and this has worked very well. Also try your best to avoid touching your face with your hands throughout the day, bacteria from your hands loves that oily acne prone skin.

Then at night it's detox time. I wash my face with hot water (not too hot, enough to open my pores an), about 15-20 seconds just throwing it over my face from the tap and massaging it. Then go to my towel and rub your face so the oil from your open pores are now going onto the towel. Don't rub too hard(and don't forget near the ears) , this is just a very milk exfoliation. Then back to the sink and throw on the hot water for about 15 seconds. Then back again to the towel (find a dry part) and gently patt your face so it's 90% dry. (Let the air naturally close your pores as you get to bed).

And that's it. I've been doing this for years (started off on Nivea men's face wash and Nivea moisturizer. And switched a year ago as the new Loreal moisturizer helps fatigue and covers up my red patches)

Always use the same brand of face wash and moisturizer. They're designed to work with each other

Diet:

One of my main problems about acne was that I was constantly watching what I was eating. I was told to eat certain types of food and avoid greasy food (like fries. I love fries) and alcohol which was annoying. I didn't want to change my whole lifestyle just to get rid of acne. So I didn't.

I drink about 2 liters of water a day (I don't drink much soda) and try and get at least 5 portions of fruit and veg. If this is too much effort or you want a quicker way of getting your 5 a day you can buy Super Greens is really cheap) [use the code [removed] for a discount on your first order. It's so much cheaper than other websites out there]. It's just a capful, of powder (which contains lots of super healthy greens in powder form) mix it with water in a glass, drink and job done. 5 a day which will naturally clear up your skin. This is just my own personal preference, for a few years I didn't get my full 5 a day of fruit and veg and was still clear.

I also take multivitamins. Everyday without missing one . It's just one tablet with my meal, small enough to put in my pocket if I'm ever eating out. Don't take these without food or they won't work. I usually take them about half way through my meal (without water so it goes down with the food). No special expensive ones, these cost me 1 for 60 from Home Bargins (UK store)

I'd also reccommend not having too much sugar. Obviously sometimes you can't avoid it and need to eat crap once in a while. I switched from 2.5 spoons of sugar in my coffee to sweeteners. But this is just recently to become healthier. Also getting outside helps too. Go for a walk and get some exercise. Even for a short time, go out and let the air and sunlight get to your face.

And that's it, once again I apologize for the delay but now my conscience is clear. Hope this works for people. You don't have to take all the advice although I 100% recommend letting your skin breathe with no creams or lotions at night, this was the biggest change in my skin I seen. So throw away them night moisturizers and let your skin breathe.

- Kyle.