Notifications
Clear all

Is My Routine Wrong?

MemberMember
(@fiercequince)

Posted : 08/04/2015 1:20 am

Every night before I go to bed I wash my face with .5% salcylic acid face wash then apply my 2.5% benzoyl lotion and then put on my Cetaphil moisturizer. Once all of that dries I spot treat any pimples I can see with Zapzyt. My question is, is the moisturizer and all of the other stuff I did before my spot treatment blocking or effecting the effectiveness of my spot treatment or would it just be the same?

MemberMember
(@fiercequince)

Posted : 08/04/2015 1:34 pm

First I'd replace the cleanser. Check out this guide. Why use a medicated acne wash? For spot treating I'd replace the Zapzyt w/ 10% glycolic acid. The drugstore alternative is this. So cleanse, treat w/ 2.5% BP, and moisturize everywhere except the acne that you're spot treating. Then apply glycolic acid over the remaining areas.

Sounds good, whys glycolic acid better?

MemberMember
(@cna7)

Posted : 08/04/2015 3:44 pm

I think you are using too many drying products... Stick to one thing. Get a mild cleanser (I use Stone Crop Gel Wash by Eminence -- 10x more hydrating then aloe vera!) then I spot treat with SA. Then let that dry for 30 minutes, follow up with a moisturizer if needed. Doing less, sometimes does more. Remember, using too many drying products can cause your body to produce too much oil; leading to more breakouts down the road. Keep your skin hydrated and only spot treat where necessary. For instance, I never treat my entire face with SA... only the blemishes.

Best of luck <3