Notifications
Clear all

Out Of Control, Help Desperately Needed

MemberMember
(@thedayacneceased)

Posted : 08/03/2015 4:25 am

Hello guys, this is my very first post and I signed up specifically to seek help, at 4AM, because I just can't stand it anymore.

What I have: face acne (mild-moderate) including black heads, white heads, puffy red acne, cystic acne, underneath acne (able to pop but these result in minor scars), facial scarring (minor), newly developed ice pick scars (over 10 on the right side of my face), an acne lump that has maintained itself for 3 years underneath my skin (no popping gets to it), and cystic acne on my back, shoulders, neck and chest.

Basic info: I'm 19, I have a balanced diet, get seldom exercise, drink plenty of water, and see little sun.

FACE ACNE

I started developing acne from the age of 14 around my cheeks, forehead and chin. It started off small, and then would get tedious (but not on any scale compared to what I have today), so much to the point where I was buying acne products such as Proactive, which honestly, didn't do a thing. If anything, my acne progessed more during my later years, despite good heigene, a balanced diet, and moderate exercise (at this time). I've picked my face, using washed hands and two sheets of toilet paper for each, being sure to pop whiteheads or draw out blackheads gently, and then constantly rub hot water on my face to reduce the appearance of instant face-creasing from the pressure applied to pop a pimple, making the creases go down. However, as of late, pimples just keep coming, on all parts of my face, not a single region is sparred. I've developed ice pick acne now from drawing out blackheads, which seem to appear even if blackheads are not popped. and that has been the main reason of me finally creating an account; i can't stand the way they look on my face, I feel like I'm in a horror movie. The sides of my lips are red and are gathering with bumps, which I used Cortizone 10 to calm down..not sure if that's bad. I've used so many acne product regiments, individually, with months of time dedicated to each one with no avail. I really do not want this scarring, either, as it's making me severely depressed, in a time when I'm already stressed out.

BODY ACNE

It was on a couple occassions (read: about two), that I'd go to the gym, come home completely soaked in sweat, and most likely sleep in dirty sheets, since I can't figure out any other way that I could have developed bacne. From there, my mother would pop the pimples and apply teatree oil, but this did nothing. It eventually spread to my neck and shoulders, and I probably caused it to spread to my chest from popping minor blackheads which bothered me in appearance. I now have several lumps on my chest that won't dissappear because they form no heads, appear like pimples but are just minor red lumps.

PICTURES

The first two pictures are of my right cheek, which has the majority of acne, including the ice pick scars, underneath acne, cystic acne, clumped acne..all of it.

The third photo is my left cheek, which used to only suffer mildly while the right cheek kept breaking out, but now is catching up. I've experienced multiple cysts there which will fade, only to have two more spring up, and there's plenty of tiny under surface bumps.

The fourth picture is focused on my chin and lip area primarily, which has severe cystic acne (in my opinion) with some bumps underneath and not visible, and red corners of my mouth.

The fifth is where cystic acne and bacne scarring have crowded everywhere.

If anybody can help me, it woud be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to find a dermatoligist in my area, but the process is slow and I need to start doing things at home in the mean time that can help. As of right now I have absolutely no hope that things will get better and really need some advice. Thank you for taking the time to read.

post-482760-0-74848200-1438593497.jpg

post-482760-0-64318600-1438593586.jpg

post-482760-0-85647400-1438593734.jpg

post-482760-0-13171500-1438593834.jpg

post-482760-0-50635200-1438593896.jpg

MemberMember
(@thedayacneceased)

Posted : 08/03/2015 10:40 pm

Bump..anybody?

Update: I've begun using a facewash, Neutragena Naturals Purifying Cream with willowbark, which seems to make my skin red, but I apply aveeno eczema therapy moisturizer directly after to settle it.

The redness has gone down a little, but my acne, of course, hasn't.

MemberMember
(@snappypop)

Posted : 08/03/2015 10:53 pm

I can only tell you what I just found that worked for me after 10 years of dealing with acne like yours. I got some vitamin a from fish oil last week. I take 10k ius 3 times a day with a spoon full of peanut butter for the vitamin e/fat to help absorb it. I would really give it a try if I were you. My skin is virtually acne free after 4 days. I'm just dealing with the scars and scabs I left behind from picking. Read up on it and you will see why it works. It was my last resort, considering I can't afford a dermatologist. Try it. It's under 3 dollars and it could work! For me, nothing on the outside helped. I drank a ton of water, cut things out of my diet... Nothing worked. Still wash your face with what you're using.

These pictures are 3 days apart. And even had a night of heavy drinking thrown in.

https://www.pureformulas.com/vitamin-a-10000-iu-100-softgels-by-natures-way.html

post-482908-0-59315800-1438660601.jpg

MemberMember
(@thedayacneceased)

Posted : 08/04/2015 4:00 am

Thank you, please let me know how that goes for you and what results you have!

Can anybody else provide an opinion as well?

MemberMember
(@snappypop)

Posted : 08/04/2015 9:37 am

Get some hydrocolloid pads, the things that are made to heal blisters. Cut them the size of the acne you're putting it on. Leave them on overnight or as long as you can. Do this instead of popping them. Draws everything to the surface fast and leaves no scars. Really a life saver when I did it. I ran out and never bought more. Regret that lol

MemberMember
(@thedayacneceased)

Posted : 08/04/2015 8:54 pm

Get some hydrocolloid pads, the things that are made to heal blisters. Cut them the size of the acne you're putting it on. Leave them on overnight or as long as you can. Do this instead of popping them. Draws everything to the surface fast and leaves no scars. Really a life saver when I did it. I ran out and never bought more. Regret that lol

Why not buy more and where can they be found?

MemberMember
(@snappypop)

Posted : 08/04/2015 8:55 pm

I just kept forgetting. Walmart or target in the first aid aisle!

MemberMember
(@thedayacneceased)

Posted : 08/04/2015 8:57 pm

Alright :) are they at all harmful for acne, any commonness in having bad reactions that you know of?

MemberMember
(@snappypop)

Posted : 08/04/2015 9:27 pm

Alright :) are they at all harmful for acne, any commonness in having bad reactions that you know of?

Don't think so. Never read a bad review

MemberMember
(@skyedavis)

Posted : 08/04/2015 10:24 pm

Hello guys, this is my very first post and I signed up specifically to seek help, at 4AM, because I just can't stand it anymore.

What I have: face acne (mild-moderate) including black heads, white heads, puffy red acne, cystic acne, underneath acne (able to pop but these result in minor scars), facial scarring (minor), newly developed ice pick scars (over 10 on the right side of my face), an acne lump that has maintained itself for 3 years underneath my skin (no popping gets to it), and cystic acne on my back, shoulders, neck and chest.

Basic info: I'm 19, I have a balanced diet, get seldom exercise, drink plenty of water, and see little sun.

FACE ACNE

I started developing acne from the age of 14 around my cheeks, forehead and chin. It started off small, and then would get tedious (but not on any scale compared to what I have today), so much to the point where I was buying acne products such as Proactive, which honestly, didn't do a thing. If anything, my acne progessed more during my later years, despite good heigene, a balanced diet, and moderate exercise (at this time). I've picked my face, using washed hands and two sheets of toilet paper for each, being sure to pop whiteheads or draw out blackheads gently, and then constantly rub hot water on my face to reduce the appearance of instant face-creasing from the pressure applied to pop a pimple, making the creases go down. However, as of late, pimples just keep coming, on all parts of my face, not a single region is sparred. I've developed ice pick acne now from drawing out blackheads, which seem to appear even if blackheads are not popped. and that has been the main reason of me finally creating an account; i can't stand the way they look on my face, I feel like I'm in a horror movie. The sides of my lips are red and are gathering with bumps, which I used Cortizone 10 to calm down..not sure if that's bad. I've used so many acne product regiments, individually, with months of time dedicated to each one with no avail. I really do not want this scarring, either, as it's making me severely depressed, in a time when I'm already stressed out.

BODY ACNE

It was on a couple occassions (read: about two), that I'd go to the gym, come home completely soaked in sweat, and most likely sleep in dirty sheets, since I can't figure out any other way that I could have developed bacne. From there, my mother would pop the pimples and apply teatree oil, but this did nothing. It eventually spread to my neck and shoulders, and I probably caused it to spread to my chest from popping minor blackheads which bothered me in appearance. I now have several lumps on my chest that won't dissappear because they form no heads, appear like pimples but are just minor red lumps.

PICTURES

The first two pictures are of my right cheek, which has the majority of acne, including the ice pick scars, underneath acne, cystic acne, clumped acne..all of it.

The third photo is my left cheek, which used to only suffer mildly while the right cheek kept breaking out, but now is catching up. I've experienced multiple cysts there which will fade, only to have two more spring up, and there's plenty of tiny under surface bumps.

The fourth picture is focused on my chin and lip area primarily, which has severe cystic acne (in my opinion) with some bumps underneath and not visible, and red corners of my mouth.

The fifth is where cystic acne and bacne scarring have crowded everywhere.

If anybody can help me, it woud be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to find a dermatoligist in my area, but the process is slow and I need to start doing things at home in the mean time that can help. As of right now I have absolutely no hope that things will get better and really need some advice. Thank you for taking the time to read.

Try to cut back on specific foods you notice break you out, like for most people it may be dairy or greasy foods. And if you can't go to a dermatologist i heard Clinique is amazing, my friend tried it and at first it breaks you out but that is only because it is working. Then it gets better of course. If you don't want a product that breaks you out when you first use it, you can try the Tea Tree Oil Set from The Body Shop.

MemberMember
(@fudgesicle87)

Posted : 08/06/2015 6:41 am

You will get a million different suggestions here and could spend the rest of your life trying them all out. Everyone's skin is different.

There are two things that work for almost everybody: Accutane (at least for a while) and the acne.org regimen. I understand not wanting to do Accutane, and you have to wait for a dermatologist anyway, but the regimen is definitely worth a shot!

Take this time you're waiting for a dermatologist and read the acne.org articles. The forum is fun and great for specific advice, but you need to take it all with a grain of salt.

MemberMember
(@thedayacneceased)

Posted : 08/07/2015 11:14 pm

I've been using the natural facewash from Neutragena, which additionally I thought I was allergic to, but I don't think I am. It's made me not break out too badly, and I'm using benzoyl peroxide directly after, to dry and treat my acne. Then, I use an aveeno moisturizer, although it's meant for eczema but it's the only one I currently have. I've put a Clearisil drying paste on most of my active acne overnight as well, which has made them fade.

Right now my biggest concern is treating my scars and newly formed wrinkles under my eyes, which seemed to form out of no where overnight a week ago, and have only gotten worse.

I'm looking into everybody's suggestion as well, I appreciate all your advice!

MemberMember
(@thedayacneceased)

Posted : 09/15/2015 4:06 pm

Bump.

Update: My acne has only worsened. I've developed several more ice pick scars, newly formed bumps, and hundreds of tiny, under the surface white bumps now cloud my cheeks and chin. Blackheads only seem to increase around my nose and cheeks (which then become ice pick scars) despite using a pore cleansing facewash, salicylic acid fashwash (I've alternated after not seeing results from either), salicylic acid spot treatment gels, and benzolyn peroxide, even apple cider vinegar and honey. Nothing has improved my right cheek, which is shown in the majority of the pictures I've posted, and everything has gotten worse all around and except for the honey which healed my cysts a little.

My wrinkles under my eyes haven't gone away.

The dermatoligist office that said they'd accept my insurance revoked it after calling me several times to reconfirm my appointment. Uh, alright then, lol. Turns out my coverage isn't accepted anywhere in Florida. So, no dermatoligst. Continuing to watch things get worse on my own.

MemberMember
(@constipation)

Posted : 09/18/2015 12:31 pm

Stop eating garbage and just eat fruit and vegetables strictly. No sugar, dairy, wheat or meat.

MemberMember
(@thedayacneceased)

Posted : 09/20/2015 2:47 am

Stop eating garbage and just eat fruit and vegetables strictly. No sugar, dairy, wheat or meat.

I'm not eating garbage. The vast majority of studies are shown that what you consume, besides dairy, does not have an effect on the devlopment on acne. Even so, my diet isn't garbage. I don't even eat fast food or fried food. As far as wheat, I've heard white processed foods are actually worse compared to wheat.

MemberMember
(@smallpox)

Posted : 09/20/2015 12:04 pm

Do you pick and pop your whiteheads?

MemberMember
(@teamsmith)

Posted : 09/20/2015 1:02 pm

I dealt with acne as well. I dont know if I can share websites. I dont want anyone thinking its spam but there are alot of natural methods that really work. Apple cider vinegar/ peroxide, those work. Changing up your diet. Things to avoid

MemberMember
(@thedayacneceased)

Posted : 09/24/2015 6:14 pm

I do not, just now a whitehead fell out after having developed so far out of my cheek and not being attached, and a visible ice pick hole has formed. I've read from a vast majority of other members, too, that regardless of if you pick and pop your whiteheads or blackheads, ice pick scars still form, as was just evidenced from literally three minutes ago.

I dealt with acne as well. I dont know if I can share websites. I dont want anyone thinking its spam but there are alot of natural methods that really work. Apple cider vinegar/ peroxide, those work. Changing up your diet. Things to avoid

I tried apple cider vinegar for about a week and saw no improvements. The hard thing about home remedies is whether or not to commit to them for long periods of time in hopes that they'll work, I see people make posts that it helped them within three days, others within three months.

So, I decided to buy more acne products from the store, including two new face washes, one to treat pimples and "marks" though I doubt it does this and a "hydro-blast" moisturizing, duel-wield acne treating face wash, both from Clearasil. At first, I thought they were working, but since I'm still getting ice pick scars and my acne has gone from being dried-out and faded to flared up, red and angry, I don't think anything really works for me. I put a Clearasil benzoyl peroxide on throughout the course of four days straight my acne seemed to be clearing up for the first time in a long time, but that was just it drying up. As soon as I'd use my face wash, the scabs would go away, showing the angry red acne underneath. At this point, I'm feeling pretty hopeless.

MemberMember
(@smallpox)

Posted : 09/26/2015 3:35 am

I do not, just now a whitehead fell out after having developed so far out of my cheek and not being attached, and a visible ice pick hole has formed. I've read from a vast majority of other members, too, that regardless of if you pick and pop your whiteheads or blackheads, ice pick scars still form, as was just evidenced from literally three minutes ago.

>I dealt with acne as well. I dont know if I can share websites. I dont want anyone thinking its spam but there are alot of natural methods that really work. Apple cider vinegar/ peroxide, those work. Changing up your diet. Things to avoid

I tried apple cider vinegar for about a week and saw no improvements. The hard thing about home remedies is whether or not to commit to them for long periods of time in hopes that they'll work, I see people make posts that it helped them within three days, others within three months.

So, I decided to buy more acne products from the store, including two new face washes, one to treat pimples and "marks" though I doubt it does this and a "hydro-blast" moisturizing, duel-wield acne treating face wash, both from Clearasil. At first, I thought they were working, but since I'm still getting ice pick scars and my acne has gone from being dried-out and faded to flared up, red and angry, I don't think anything really works for me. I put a Clearasil benzoyl peroxide on throughout the course of four days straight my acne seemed to be clearing up for the first time in a long time, but that was just it drying up. As soon as I'd use my face wash, the scabs would go away, showing the angry red acne underneath. At this point, I'm feeling pretty hopeless.

Did you dilute your acv and moisturize it after you used it? My acne got worse temporarily and I got inflamed pimples when I first used ACV since I didnt apply moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@avad499)

Posted : 09/26/2015 12:14 pm

Considering how hopeless your feeling, I would consider trying to find a dermatolgist that charges under $100 without insurance, I had no insurance and I found one for $88, I think it would be a good investment for you. Also how long did you stick with the ACV? I did a month of ACV and Coconut oil, I wish I had stuck to it longer but I couldnt stand it, It had made my (body) acne smaller but it spread everywhere, it was tiny red bumps all the way up to my neck, and I just couldn't stand the itch from how it was drying it out. But I think that was part of the process it would take ...to heal too bad lol

MemberMember
(@thedayacneceased)

Posted : 09/26/2015 3:04 pm

Considering how hopeless your feeling, I would consider trying to find a dermatolgist that charges under $100 without insurance, I had no insurance and I found one for $88, I think it would be a good investment for you. Also how long did you stick with the ACV? I did a month of ACV and Coconut oil, I wish I had stuck to it longer but I couldnt stand it, It had made my (body) acne smaller but it spread everywhere, it was tiny red bumps all the way up to my neck, and I just couldn't stand the itch from how it was drying it out. But I think that was part of the process it would take ...to heal too bad lol

I think when I made this post especially I was feeling more hopeless than I ever had, but now I just really don't think much works for me. It takes a lot for one to accept they'll likely have scars on their face for the rest of their life, for almost no apparent reason, unless they get expensive and risky surgery.

The last dermatologist quote I got after being lead on and then denied my coverage was around..$150, I believe. But I'm in no financial state to be able to just shell that out, it would take weeks to save up, as I have too many bills to pay. As far as Apple Cider Vinegar, I used it for about two weeks, which yes, I know isn't a long trial, but people exclaimed seeing results in as little as one, and honestly, I have never smelled a 'solution' as bad as Apple Cider Vinegar in my life, lol. I would use honey afterwards which apparently helps with blackheads and scaring as well as naturally hydrating the face, but it was much too sticky and would leak down, for me to keep it on for long periods of time.

MemberMember
(@thedayacneceased)

Posted : 09/27/2015 11:44 pm

Bump.

MemberMember
(@littlebeam92)

Posted : 09/28/2015 2:42 am

Hi! I suggest you to try Yoga!If u can't take classes you can do it by yourself(youtube learns you alot).You'll have lots of benefits( tension release,fight stress,exercise,calm down,hormonal balance,clearer skin).It's a lifechanging experience!! You'll find better after it,it boosts confidence too .

(practice daily for a month and lets see)Don't give up !

MemberMember
(@user465288)

Posted : 09/28/2015 8:36 am

"The vast majority of studies are shown that what you consume, besides dairy, does not have an effect on the devlopment on acne."

This is some statement.

Diet and acne research

Author - Year - Type - Positive Correlation(yes/no)

Clinical trials:

Gaul 1965 interventional Y

Grant 1965 interventional N

Fulton 1969 interventional N

Anderson 71 interventional N

Smith 2007 interventional Y

Smith 2008 interventional Y

Smith 2005 interventional Y

Kwon 2012 interventional Y

Reynolds 2010 interventional N

Fabbrocini 2015 interventional Y (diet + metformin)

Y = 6

N =4

---------

Observational studies

Cordain 2002 Cross-sectional; population-based Y

Freyre 1998 Cross-sectional; population-based Y

Bechelli 1981 Cross-sectional; population-based Y

Berdiner Cross-sectional; population-based Y

Steiner 1946 Cross-sectional; population-based Y

Rigopoulos 2007 Cross-sectional Y

El-Akawi 2006 Cross-sectional Y

Ikaraouha 2005 Cross-sectional Y

Tallab 2004 Cross-sectional Y

Tan 2001 Cross-sectional Y

Green 2001 Cross-sectional Y

Kaymak Cross-sectional Y

Khanna 1991 Cross-sectional N

Bourne 1956 Cross-sectional Y for adults / N for adolescents *1

Adebamowo 2005 Case-control Y (milk only)

Bett 1967 Case-control N

Adebamowo 2008 Prospective cohort Y (milk only)

Adebamowo 2006 Prospective cohort Y (milk only)

Chiu 2003 Prospective cohort N

Robinson 1949 Prospective cohort Y (milk only)

Halvorsen 2009 Cross-sectional; population-based Y for girls/ N for boys *2

Noor 2012 Case-control Y

Skroza 2012 Case-control Y

Youssef 2014 Case-control Y

Y=15 + 4 (milk only) + 2 (for adults *1 and girls*2)

N=3+ 2 (for adolescents *1 and boys *2)

-----

I will let you be the judge.

Reviews and discussions based solely on hypotheses has been left out.

MemberMember
(@thedayacneceased)

Posted : 09/28/2015 3:47 pm

Hi! I suggest you to try Yoga!If u can't take classes you can do it by yourself(youtube learns you alot).You'll have lots of benefits( tension release,fight stress,exercise,calm down,hormonal balance,clearer skin).It's a lifechanging experience!! You'll find better after it,it boosts confidence too .

(practice daily for a month and lets see)Don't give up !

Thank you, I practice moderate exercise and my mother is a yoga teacher, she also gets the occasional acne spot, but I appreciate the suggestion,

"The vast majority of studies are shown that what you consume, besides dairy, does not have an effect on the devlopment on acne."

This is some statement.

Diet and acne research

Author - Year - Type - Positive Correlation(yes/no)

Clinical trials:

Gaul 1965 interventional Y

Grant 1965 interventional N

Fulton 1969 interventional N

Anderson 71 interventional N

Smith 2007 interventional Y

Smith 2008 interventional Y

Smith 2005 interventional Y

Kwon 2012 interventional Y

Reynolds 2010 interventional N

Fabbrocini 2015 interventional Y (diet + metformin)

Y = 6

N =4

---------

Observational studies

Cordain 2002 Cross-sectional; population-based Y

Freyre 1998 Cross-sectional; population-based Y

Bechelli 1981 Cross-sectional; population-based Y

Berdiner Cross-sectional; population-based Y

Steiner 1946 Cross-sectional; population-based Y

Rigopoulos 2007 Cross-sectional Y

El-Akawi 2006 Cross-sectional Y

Ikaraouha 2005 Cross-sectional Y

Tallab 2004 Cross-sectional Y

Tan 2001 Cross-sectional Y

Green 2001 Cross-sectional Y

Kaymak Cross-sectional Y

Khanna 1991 Cross-sectional N

Bourne 1956 Cross-sectional Y for adults / N for adolescents *1

Adebamowo 2005 Case-control Y (milk only)

Bett 1967 Case-control N

Adebamowo 2008 Prospective cohort Y (milk only)

Adebamowo 2006 Prospective cohort Y (milk only)

Chiu 2003 Prospective cohort N

Robinson 1949 Prospective cohort Y (milk only)

Halvorsen 2009 Cross-sectional; population-based Y for girls/ N for boys *2

Noor 2012 Case-control Y

Skroza 2012 Case-control Y

Youssef 2014 Case-control Y

Y=15 + 4 (milk only) + 2 (for adults *1 and girls*2)

N=3+ 2 (for adolescents *1 and boys *2)

-----

I will let you be the judge.

Reviews and discussions based solely on hypotheses has been left out.

Even so, back to what I said in my initial reply; I do not consume such a hefty amount of junk food, by far much less than the average American, including milk and most dairy being the most common source of dietary outbreaks for people across the globe, and all over this forum. I mostly eat one source of protein, such as baked chicken or beef, some minor forms of vegetables, an above-average amount of water, and a decent amount of grains, like rice. If I were constantly shoveling down Big Macs and drinking 2 Liter Cokes, I'd be inclined to agree with you (obviously I'm exaggerating). You can't really argue that my diet is unhealthy, unless I'm a special case, where, in order to be acne free, I'd have to eat undressed vegetables and drink only water for the rest of my life.