Notifications
Clear all

Hell Has Broken Loose [Warning, Horrible Acne Images]

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 06/25/2015 8:47 pm

Did you have any food sensitivities or intolerances or food allergies you didn't know about prior to having the outbreak?

I was on Doxy for five months and I was super clear around the second-third month mark and then for some reason, I had a really bad allergic reaction to something (still don't know what caused it). The following week later, I had the worst breakout ever. I went back to the doctor and I got off Doxy but my skin never recovered from that breakout and from that week on, I continued to have breakouts.

But prior to being on Doxy, I was on Minocycline and I had a food sensitivity to dairy, especially soy milk. I drank soy milk for three days and on the fourth day, I broke out like crazy and I found that it was because of my intolerance or sensitivity to soy products. There is a lot of claims that dairy can wreck havoc on your skin, but I'm not too sure about that since during my senior year, I was drinking at least 3 cups of coffee everyday and senior year was the time that I had super clear skin.

Antibiotics will eventually build up an immunity so I don't recommend going on it unless you have mild acne. It could work, but only for a certain time period, and it's bad because once you go off on it, you will start breaking out like crazy. I find that people who have mild acne could use antibiotics because they're not as dependent on the drug as compared to someone with really persistent moderate or severe acne.

Good luck!

Yes! Doxy cleared my skin as long as I didn't masturbate while I was on it, but the point of the story was that Doxy is bad! It ruined my digestion system further, and made my acne worse (ultimately)!

I found out I had a leaky gut and sme other digestion issues which was causing my acne. So I cleared my acne through diet and letting myself heal. Antibiotics, processed foods, and all sorts of other things causes digestion systems to get worse and ultimately lead to a lot of health issues and side effects like acne.

And yes leaky gut causes food sensitivities!

DaileeH liked
MemberMember
(@fullmetal)

Posted : 06/26/2015 10:19 am

DaileeH, how often do you masturbate and for how long have you kept it up?

I have noticed a correlation between masgurbation get and my cystic acne. I'm currently on 7 days of no Fap and things stopped getting worse.

- Excessive masturbation (once everyday) for prolonged time periods (over years) definitely will fuck up your hormonal balance.

- If you bust a nut daily for years, you throw your hormonal system into chronic stress. This is called adrenal fatigue ( Google: adrenal fatigue and excessive masgurbation)

Adrenal Fatigue also causes insulin resistance, so if your eating gluten, rice, pasta, high GI foods it will affect your acne. It affects me.

In conclusion,

excessive masturbation over years = adrenal fatigue = hormonal imbalance = insulin resistance( and other symptoms) = cystic serve acne.

You Just my two cents.

Bellow are sources that support my claim:

[removed]

(This source specifically demonstrates how over masgurbation can cause insulin resistance, this could be why paleo diet change helps some)

[removed]

[removed]

(Personal accounts of NO FAP)

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 06/26/2015 10:44 am

On 6/26/2015 at 9:19 PM, FullMetal said:

DaileeH, how often do you masturbate and for how long have you kept it up?

I have noticed a correlation between masgurbation get and my cystic acne. I'm currently on 7 days of no Fap and things stopped getting worse.

- Excessive masturbation (once everyday) for prolonged time periods (over years) definitely will fuck up your hormonal balance.

- If you bust a nut daily for years, you throw your hormonal system into chronic stress. This is called adrenal fatigue ( Google: adrenal fatigue and excessive masgurbation)

Adrenal Fatigue also causes insulin resistance, so if your eating gluten, rice, pasta, high GI foods it will affect your acne. It affects me.

In conclusion,

excessive masturbation over years = adrenal fatigue = hormonal imbalance = insulin resistance( and other symptoms) = cystic serve acne.

You Just my two cents.

Bellow are sources that support my claim:

[removed]

(This source specifically demonstrates how over masgurbation can cause insulin resistance, this could be why paleo diet change helps some)

[removed]

[removed]

(Personal accounts of NO FAP)

Interesting! I might look into this actually. Good post! Cheers

MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 06/26/2015 11:34 am

Lol we Asian bruddas got to look out for each other. Anyways, For zinc I take zinc gluconate 30mg supplement that you can find at any supermarket, though zinc picolinate is recommended. From what I read zinc regulates hormones, insulin levels, and helps the immune system. For omega3 I take the recommended dose of fish pills. Even though most Asian diet consist of a lot of seafood and omega3, we still eat a lot of omega6 since Asians like to use a lot of mayo and they also like to deep fry everything. You always want to eat a lot more omega3 than omega6, since omega3 is anti inflammatory while omega6 is pro inflammatory(Bad!). I would say my skin is 90% clear, I only get like 1 or 2 breakouts on my chin at a time, but I'm still trying to find out what's causing that last 10% so I can be 100% clear :)

DaileeH liked
MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 06/26/2015 8:42 pm

Lol we Asian bruddas got to look out for each other. Anyways, For zinc I take zinc gluconate 30mg supplement that you can find at any supermarket, though zinc picolinate is recommended. From what I read zinc regulates hormones, insulin levels, and helps the immune system. For omega3 I take the recommended dose of fish pills. Even though most Asian diet consist of a lot of seafood and omega3, we still eat a lot of omega6 since Asians like to use a lot of mayo and they also like to deep fry everything. You always want to eat a lot more omega3 than omega6, since omega3 is anti inflammatory while omega6 is pro inflammatory(Bad!). I would say my skin is 90% clear, I only get like 1 or 2 breakouts on my chin at a time, but I'm still trying to find out what's causing that last 10% so I can be 100% clear :)

Ah sweet.

Ok, well my dad just said no to supplements...

I'm gonna have a talk with my derm on Monday and see what he says.

THANKS ASIAN BRO

MemberMember
(@burritolift)

Posted : 07/04/2015 5:50 pm

what did the derm say. Im going through something similar alot of little white heads around the mouth.

DaileeH liked
MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 07/05/2015 8:17 pm

what did the derm say. Im going through something similar alot of little white heads around the mouth.

Heyyy, the derm kinda immediately put me on Accutane the moment he saw me.

Mainly cause I've tried alot of different medications before and none have really treated my acne so he suggested Accutane and I was like "YESSSSSSSSSS"

So yah :/ Sorry can't help you too much D:

MemberMember
(@burritolift)

Posted : 07/05/2015 11:16 pm

Mainly cause I've tried alot of different medications before and none have really treated my acne so he suggested Accutane and I was like "YESSSSSSSSSS"

Hope all goes well for you. :)

DaileeH liked
MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 07/07/2015 4:21 pm

You too

>

You too! Let me know if you find a solution to your whiteheads :)!!!

MemberMember
(@burritolift)

Posted : 07/12/2015 11:50 pm

You too

>

So basically he told me sweat causes them and prescribed more clendmycin so I'm using that with BP and has worked wonders

DaileeH liked
MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 07/13/2015 12:24 pm

You too

>

So basically he told me sweat causes them and prescribed more clendmycin so I'm using that with BP and has worked wonders

ya BP is real good for killing acne bacteria (caused by sweat.. cause sweat is basically a release of bacterial toxins) and great for getting oxygen deep down into those pores.

Unfortunately, my acne was so persistent that BP just couldn't do anything about it anymore :(

Glad to hear you found a solution though :DDDD

MemberMember
(@amychan123)

Posted : 07/16/2015 10:03 pm

Try drinking some green tea before and/or after you do "that". I've heard that it does something good for androgens which may be the cause of your acne.

MemberMember
(@mylifeispain)

Posted : 07/20/2015 7:16 am

Please keep us updated how the accutane is working for you.

DaileeH liked
MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 07/22/2015 8:08 pm

Hey!

Alright, I'll fill you in on my accutane journey.

So it's almost one month since I've been on it - and let me tell you... It is GREAT.

I know alot of people say something along the lines of "Accutane changed my life" - and it's true. It's actually changing my life. I feel normal again!! My acne has subsided SOOO much, it feels SO great to not wake up to more than 4 pimples. Now I only get 1 in the mornings, some days I get none. It also feels great to not have whiteheads form on my skin in the middle of the day.

The only pimples I get right now are sometimes painful bumps or a whitehead. The whitehead goes away in less than a day (if I get it in the morning, it'll wash off at night). The painful bumps usually last for 2-3 days.

But other than that, my skin looks pretty amazing - it's definetly no where close to perfect, considering all the hyperpigmentation I got from my horrible acne before I was given accutane.

My skin is dryyyy and so are my lips.

I've also gotten eczema on my neck and elbows - it's a side effect from Accutane - I don't think everyone gets it though. I just so happened to have gotten it.

This past week I have quite alot of nosebleeds every morning, just because the inside of my nose was severely dry. But the nosebleed duration is slowly subsiding.

I'm taking my accutane pills with fat (salmon/coconut oil/pork fat/chicken fat) you know the drill.

If there's anything you wanna know, ask away and I'll try my best to answer ;)

MemberMember
(@mylifeispain)

Posted : 07/23/2015 5:16 am

Im glad that accutane is working for you. Hopefully in a few months you will be completely clear.

DaileeH liked
MemberMember
(@disgustingfellow)

Posted : 07/23/2015 6:01 am

Hey!

So it's almost one month since I've been on it - and let me tell you... It is GREAT.

I know alot of people say something along the lines of "Accutane changed my life" - and it's true. It's actually changing my life. I feel normal again!! My acne has subsided SOOO much, it feels SO great to not wake up to more than 4 pimples. Now I only get 1 in the mornings, some days I get none. It also feels great to not have whiteheads form on my skin in the middle of the day.

The only pimples I get right now are sometimes painful bumps or a whitehead. The whitehead goes away in less than a day (if I get it in the morning, it'll wash off at night). The painful bumps usually last for 2-3 days.

But other than that, my skin looks pretty amazing - it's definetly no where close to perfect, considering all the hyperpigmentation I got from my horrible acne before I was given accutane.

I've also gotten eczema on my neck and elbows - it's a side effect from Accutane - I don't think everyone gets it though. I just so happened to have gotten it.

This past week I have quite alot of nosebleeds every morning, just because the inside of my nose was severely dry. But the nosebleed duration is slowly subsiding.

I'm taking my accutane pills with fat (salmon/coconut oil/pork fat/chicken fat) you know the drill.

Good to hear that accutane working for you.

you are using which moisturizer on accutane?

DaileeH liked
MemberMember
(@steveoz3)

Posted : 07/24/2015 5:53 am

Great stuff, glad it is working.

For your lips regular lip balms and the like are rubbish, the only thing I found that worked properly was something called Carmex. It would keep my lips in check and wasn't overly think or too greasy.

MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 07/24/2015 6:47 pm

Hey!

Good to hear that accutane working for you.

you are using which moisturizer on accutane?

Hi :D

I am using the "Vichy Aqualia Thermal Mineral Balm".

Let me just say... before Accutane, I hated Vichy. Like it made me breakout SOO bad, like all of their products. But now that Accutane has really reduced my oil production and decreased my pore sizes, this moisturizer is working GREAT.

I was using the Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer before - but it had 0.5% Salicyclic Acid, so I was looking for something else. So a nice pharmasist type of person (you know those people at beauty drug stores) suggested this Vichy Mineral Balm. Holy cow - it's incredible. I can actually like laugh sooo hard and my skin won't like flake and get dry. Before with my Aveeno moisturizer, if I laughed even in the slightest, my skin would like crack and dead flakes of skin would just show. But this Vichy, omg... Gotta love it.

Hope I helped (:

MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 08/24/2015 9:24 pm

Hey guys, just wanted to give a brief update on my accutane routine.

So I'm almost into my 3rd month - so I'll post some pics to let you know the results thus far~

CatEars are from Ariana's concert THE BAEEE

post-421435-0-74814200-1440469397.jpg

post-421435-0-50886100-1440469407.jpg

post-421435-0-88785200-1440469417.jpg

MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 12/30/2015 2:39 pm

OKKK, I'm done Accutane now...
Here's what it's done to my acne.

Unfortunately, these pictures were taken... probably a week ago.
As I type this, I have 4 whiteheads that are growing (ewww), and I've been off Accutane for a few days now.

Might have to go back on another round (i actually wish I can lol), but ya you get the picture of what Accutane can do for you :)

Side effects, nothing major.
Just dry lips, dry hands. My face doesn't feel dry anymore... I can actually feel some oil there, not sure if that's right or wrong considering I just finished Accutane. 
Going back to the Derm in a week to have a check-up.

Hope this helps C: 

12402186_945650652136924_9042184096923339093_o.jpg

12418847_945650628803593_1276403885873200055_o.jpg

12292670_553134138178677_726710624_n (1).jpg

MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 04/04/2016 11:12 pm

Andddddd the acne is slowly, BUT SURELY, coming back... and it's only been roughly 4 months since I've been off accutane.
Also, since I've been off accutane, I think it's given me slight IBS... I'm pretty much constipated, I can poop everyday but holy crap the strain is real. I'm taking fiber supplements to help me get things moving, otherwise I think I'd bust my head open straining.

This is not good 🙁

MemberMember
(@davidctino)

Posted : 04/04/2016 11:33 pm

It's the cerave. That shit is has sls. Sls is a 5 in the scale of will it clog? You need a really good cleanser. with good ingredients. One im using is bioelements flash foam cleanser. It stopped my break outs. There was an intial break out using it first the few days but it went away quickly. I've also used cocoa butter theraphy formula with vitamin e and that keeps my face from getting dry. I also had an initial break out with that as well. What would also work is a healthy low carb diet full of vegetables but that will take a long time before you see improvements

MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 05/26/2016 7:36 pm

Alright..

Been using the same regimen as I did when I was on Accutane half-a-year ago... and I'm breaking out still.
Each breakout seems to be worse progressively and now it's acne that's forming during the day, from who knows what.

Going back to the derm in 2 weeks, praying I can get on Accutane for the 2nd time.
It just doesn't make sense to me that I still get daily acne ever since I got off Accutane... most people get at least a year of acne-free skin, that never happened for me.

ahhhhhh~

MemberMember
(@bozo)

Posted : 05/26/2016 10:40 pm

I'm no doctor, but this seems like a classic case of gram-negative folliculitis, which is a relatively uncommon skin condition that can develop after antibiotic use, especially oral antibiotic use. GNF develops after antibiotics disturb the natural balance of bacteria in the nares and on the skin, leading to an overgrowth of certain bacteria and subsequent infection. The fact that your skin worsened so drastically and so suddenly during your antibiotic course strongly inclines me to believe that you've developed GNF, as this is the exact pathogenesis of the condition. GNF is difficult to treat, and can continue indefinitely if not taken care of, unlike acne vulgaris which can spontaneously subside.

There are two standard ways to treat GNF, one being accutane or isotretinoin, and the other being antibiotics. The latter is not recommended because the disease returns after the antibiotic treatment ceases, and antibiotics cannot and should not be used as an indefinite treatment, so you essentially risk the side effects inherent to the medication in exchange for short term relief of symptoms. With that being said, according to the literature, most people will experience complete long term remission or at least remission with minor recurrences of symptoms upon completion of isotretinoin administration. Since you've already completed a course of isotretinoin, I believe that the breakouts you're experiencing currently could simply be acne vulgaris, as GNF and acne vulgaris can be present on the skin at the same time, and it is difficult to distinguish between the two. Simply put, it would seem more likely that your current breakouts are acne vulgaris rather than GNF, because relapse of acne vulgaris after isotretinoin therapy is more common than relapse of GNF after isotretinoin therapy.

Practically, your next steps depend entirely on the severity of the recurrence of your symptoms. From what you've said, you're experiencing a few white heads right now. This doesn't seem like major cause for concern, so I recommend that you see if you can stay clear using standard acne treatments (Dan's BP is great) rather than trying another course of isotretinoin as the benefits of the medication don't necessarily outweigh the risks at this point if the lesions presently on your skin are of mild nature. I definitely recommend that you still visit your dermatologist as planned, and continue standard acne treatments in the mean time. Because GNF and acne vulgaris are so indistinguishable, the only way for a dermatologist to truly diagnose you is to run a bacteria culture from a sample of your skin lesions. This allows the dermatologist to determine the bacteria that live inside the lesions and consequently make a conclusion as to the nature of the condition, as GNF and acne vulgaris are not caused by the same bacteria. It would certainly be wise to discuss all of this with your dermatologist.

Hope I've helped. All the best

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/30/2016 4:41 pm

On 5/27/2016 at 8:36 PM, DaileeH said:

Alright..

Been using the same regimen as I did when I was on Accutane half-a-year ago... and I'm breaking out still.
Each breakout seems to be worse progressively and now it's acne that's forming during the day, from who knows what.

Going back to the derm in 2 weeks, praying I can get on Accutane for the 2nd time.
It just doesn't make sense to me that I still get daily acne ever since I got off Accutane... most people get at least a year of acne-free skin, that never happened for me.

ahhhhhh~

Don't feel like you are an outlier. Many of us have had acne return after accutane. The generics that are being prescribed are not as strong as the accutane of back in the day. I feel for you though as I myself have done 3 courses, as well as many many many other treatments, diet changes, supplements, etc.

Still dealing with acne. I hope that one day it will recede but not feeling very hopeful.

Don't give up hope man.

Good Luck

DaileeH liked