Notifications
Clear all

Forget It I'm Being Honest.

MemberMember
(@yerrrrrrrp)

Posted : 11/23/2014 1:53 am

So living in California with bad ance / scarring isnt a fun life. People are very judgemental out here.. and lets face it normal people see us and think were ugly dont wanna talk to us..make jokes blah blah blah. whatever I thank god for my ance because it made me into the nice caring person I am. I understand now what its like to be the outkast.. the one who no one wants to talk to because of how they look. and its okay. I just want everyone who knows how this feels that looks dont really matter and if your personality and your inner human is loving and caring a good then fuck how you look. Looks are just looks and if someone is judging you off that they dont need to be in your life. keeep your head up and keep pushing thru life. I go to work everyday and no one wants to get to know me because of how i look.. i hear them joking about how old my face looks but thats ok.. there missing out on this amazing person that i really am. yes im venting.. but rememeber to stay postive! a better day is coming for all of us one day. :)

MemberMember
(@brainfreze27)

Posted : 11/23/2014 3:18 am

Honestly I think that is everywhere you go. People are so judgement and you're right I feel my acne has made me into a more caring person but I do not thank god for that! I've gotten to the point where I've lost the battle against acne. It has won it has completely destroyed my confidence and morale. Ive just excepted the fact that I'm just one of those people who's ugly in high school. Pfft I wish a nice personality was all it takes to get the girl I'd give anything for. But nope I'm stuck in the friend zone while she dates guys that are way better looking than I am. But it's okay maybe I'm just one of those people who's ugly when they are young but good looking when they get older. I mean maybe you're right and a better day is coming, if it is I hope it comes soon cause I hate living like this! It seems like every day just drags on with no excitement. Ohh how I envy the people in this world who are good looking and have never had any problems with acne.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 11/23/2014 5:14 am

I know appearance is pretty important in certain regions of california, but you do get that everywhere you go. People in New England are notoriously known to be blunt and rude, and they live up to it from my experience.

I look down on strangers who make a massive deal about my face. Like, really? Acne scars bring out that much rude and tactless behavior? I completely understand why people wouldn't date/befriend me, but when people stare and make comments in stores and what not, it's just immaturity. I wouldn't do it to someone, because I know manners and I'm just a decent human being. I'm at the point where I get more mad than sad. Hopefully I can get to the point where I'm just happy and don't let it phase me at all. Thank you for the positivity! You are a great person. We tend to be left with anxiety and low self esteem, but our struggles with our skin can enhance aspects of our inner being. Compassion and kindness is something that can be gained from this expereince.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 11/23/2014 8:16 am

I know! It is like people are so unfriendly when you have acne, what's up with that? I wonder what they're thinking, "oh yeah acne, let's be cruel. It is not as if they have enough do deal with." This is why I went on Accutane in the first place, and now that people are nice I always think yeah okay but it is just fake. I got up the courage to do Yoga a couple of months ago with my whole face full with red marks (it still looks like acne without makeup). It was so hard, and people would like stare at the sides of my face where it is more prominent (btw, family always say oh but you're exaggerating no one cares how bad it looks, which I just think is so stupid to say because they actually do). After awhile though I just stopped caring, if you wanna stare then fine you go ahead. I've been through hell and back and I am proud of myself. What have you really been through? If people can't sympathize then you're better off, they are awful friends in the long run anyways. You will always find true friendship because you know what it looks like, you will always appreciate life more once you feel okay in your own body. I do believe that somewhere along the line this hell will actually become something good and I know that you secretly do too. My therapist (I have tons of other problems in my life) always congratulates me on getting through all of this, and tells me one day you will understand how this will have shaped you into an incredible human being. Just think, okay hurdle, I will get through this!

Veganski liked
MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 11/23/2014 5:03 pm

hey i feel your pain guys

whenever i think about the past ....all i think off is how much acne ruined my life.....but i feel lucky cause im a guy and people where i live are simple people who dont really start or comment about your acne ...unless they know you ...and i never had problems making friends ...but dating that's a whole other thing....even tough some really attractive girls were interested in me ...i would never have the courage or confident to go to them and ask them out ...i just feel like im not good enough .....i been trough hell this past years .....not only acne ...but problems that comes from having acne....like when i know i have acne ...i tend not to care about myself ...like not brush my teeth or cut my hair and so im having teeth problems that im dealing with at this moment because of that......but im happy to say that there is still hope .....every disease in earth has a cure ....even cancer ....and acne is no exeption ....you can try cleaning your diet (what im doing now and its working fine) ....you just need to find what works for you ...its there ...you just need to find and dont give up

MemberMember
(@veganski)

Posted : 11/24/2014 11:35 am

Acne usually makes someone a worse person who begins to dislike other people because they treat them badly because of how they look.

Why does that make someone a worse person then? I didn't like people who judge others because of their look even before I had acne.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 11/24/2014 4:52 pm

Acne usually makes someone a worse person who begins to dislike other people because they treat them badly because of how they look.

Why does that make someone a worse person then? I didn't like people who judge others because of their look even before I had acne.

It doesn't make someone a better person.

Yes it does. You learn to feel sympathy towards people and their problems. You learn to appreciate what you have. I never understood how hard this was until I got it myself, and I understand now how hard it is to live with any skin disease, or any disease really. You learn to feel compassion.

If you feel like it is impacting you too much you should ask for help mentally (I did, but it for other things too) or maybe just go on Accutane if you feel like it is taking over every aspect of your life. You have every right to live where acne is 'manageable' but going through 'shit' in life is part of everyones life. Some have it way worse, and a lot of them live very fulfilling lives. I know this girl that has been in a car accident, there was some complications with her surgery and because of it she now lives with pain of 9 out of 10 constantly. Do you understand how much this hurts? Think about a toothache times ten, and apply it to your whole body. Just consider how hard it would be to sleep, to focus and to live. For years she wanted to die, and now after years of help mentally she is actually very happy. How? I don't think I understand this quite yet but she said it had something to do with thinking what is normal and what isn't, and never trying to apply this to oneself. The whole point is that there are people out there that has it a LOT worse. And, a LOT of them are not resentful of it, so no I don't think that just because you have acne you will be a bad person. It will actually make you feel more compassion, and thus in a way you will become a 'better' person.

MemberMember
(@aiharayuzu09)

Posted : 11/29/2014 5:21 pm

To be honest, just about a year ago, I didn't have acne. I had fairly smooth skin with occasional pimples here and there. Even if that was the case, I usually didn't notice or mind much when people had acne or scars or redness on their skin. I really never took much care when other people had those.

Now, I am on the recovery stage. All I'm worrying about is PIH and redness. After this experience, I have been way more empathetic and compassionate toward those who experience the same thing I did. I know that this is something that is hard to control and is not necessarily something you inflict on yourself.

It's hard having to deal with acne yourself but it does teach you a lot on how to treat other people.