Notifications
Clear all

Shaving Problems

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 04/01/2014 8:24 am

Apologies that this is in here but the shaving section isn't looked at much!

I am mostly clear of acne most of the time. I use s stubble trimmer and always shave my stubble at 1mm. I always leave it a few days as my skin always looks better (hides scars and any spots better)

The trouble I have is the day after shaving, I come out in lots of spots and it is red. I have tried everything but wondered if anyone had any tips?

Thanks!

Sorry for the typos, I'm in work so typing quickly!!

MemberMember
(@user5000)

Posted : 04/01/2014 9:49 am

Hi, I've posted on the shaving forum before and I have to agree, it doesn't really get looked at. Do you use any shaving cream or foam, is so what type? Have you considered wet shaving? Apparently using a one blade razor when wet shaving is the best - love to hear people's thoughts of this though.

In terms of the redness, what do you put on your face post shave? Anything with Aloe Vera or Witch Hazel is a plus.

MemberMember
(@finguy93)

Posted : 04/01/2014 12:34 pm

I shave in the shower, and cleanse my face before and after shaving. Surprisingly shaving hasn't caused break outs for me like this.

MemberMember
(@matt-f)

Posted : 04/02/2014 6:05 am

The problem with the topic of shaving in regards to acne is that everyone seems to be different. I personally get on best with electric razors (currently using Braun 340s-4) as they don't cut too close, keep my skin fairly dry (along with bp) and the actual shaving process is quick with minimal irritation from the razor itself. When my skin's dry it is usually clear. I always shave last thing at night daily.

MemberMember
(@user5000)

Posted : 04/02/2014 12:37 pm

I've started to dry shave recently using a Philips SensoTouch 3D, the rotary head type and find it tricky. I have to go over patches of hair several times before it removes it and I feel like it doesn't give me a tidy shave. However, I do think it has irritated my neck and jawline less and been better for the acne there.

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 04/03/2014 5:49 am

I don't use shaving cream I use a beard trimmer as shaving normally irritates my skin too much.

I think I'm irritating it by pressing too hard but the say after I have a mountain of spots which seem to ease over the coming days when I don't shave.

Even a simple thing like shaving is such a pain :(