Notifications
Clear all

Acne Causes?!?

MemberMember
(@snoopdog5566)

Posted : 04/01/2014 1:04 am

I have light acne, and moderate on my forehead. I have struggled with acne, and I'm 14 years old. All I want is clear skin, like everyone else. I've come up with a few probable cause for my acne, and if anybody could help determine which one it is, that'd be great(:

Multivitamins: I recently have stopped taking them for 2 months, and I barely noticed any difference, so I'm back on them again.

Erhm... *cough cough* masturbation: I'm a 14 year old teen, so I can't help it. Sometimes I go a few days without out, sometimes I go a week doing it daily. Could this have anything to do with it?

Age: just flat out age. I'm a teen, and I understand I'm "going through changes" but I doubt that this is it.

Thanks for replying asap(:

MemberMember
(@thatchicktayyyy)

Posted : 04/01/2014 1:14 am

Hey girl, thats how old I was when I started getting acne! Has any one in your family had issues with acne? Talk to your parent or siblings, cousins, grandparents; because genetics play a HUGE roll when it comes to acne. If its genetic it isn't always something your doing that's causing it, so i would recommend seeing dermatologist :) .

Other than that masturbation has nothing to do with it. Just make sure you wash your face morning and night, not too often! Also maybe get a good toner or topical cream. Make sure your swearing NO make up or an oil free light make up. Make sure your face wash is also for sensitive skin.

It's all good girly just take extra good care of your skin!

XOXO,

Tay

MemberMember
(@doris1)

Posted : 04/01/2014 4:29 am

Snoopdog5566 you are taking a great scientific approach to your problem.

Age is certainly involved. One of the main causes of acne are hormonal changes that happen at your age. As Tay said, if your family members do not suffer from acne at the moment, it will probably go away at some point. It may take time, though.

Healthy diet and low stress are likely to help. These are always difficult and especially when you are 14.

Keys to healthy diet in my book are -

1. Relatively low carbs - avoid wheat altogether.
  2. Eat "real food", avoid processed food as much as possible.
  3. Increase omega 3 fatty acids (seafood) and decrease omega 6 fatty acid (vegetable oil) consumption.

Good luck, and keep learning.