Notifications
Clear all

Had Sebaceous Hyperplasia Removal Surgery - Concerned About Swelling

MemberMember
(@monkeybeanmagic)

Posted : 03/29/2014 10:56 am

I had Sebaceous hyperplasia removal surgery on Tuesday afternoon. I am very worried about the swelling that has occurred in the area of removal. I had three lesions removed (one is covered with a band-aid in the picture and two others are covered in Vaseline).

You can see in the picture if you look closely that all the skin surrounding where the lesions were removed is raised. Why is my skin raised like this? Is this permanent or is this temporary swelling? Is my forehead permanently deformed?

I believe they were removed by electrodessication, but I'm not sure.

Please look closely and you'll see how the skin rises up like a mountain where the wounds are.

OOLfvTo.png

MemberMember
(@goodz19)

Posted : 03/31/2014 12:00 pm

im sorry but i cant see your pics but Ive had hyperplasia addressed. Were they removed or burned off w/ a little pen-like wand? If you just had them done, the skin surrounding is just irritated and inflamed and Im confident they will go back to normal soon. Mine were slightly raised and red but fine the next day. They scabbed up and those were gone in a little more than a week

MemberMember
(@monkeybeanmagic)

Posted : 04/03/2014 10:27 am

im sorry but i cant see your pics but Ive had hyperplasia addressed. Were they removed or burned off w/ a little pen-like wand? If you just had them done, the skin surrounding is just irritated and inflamed and Im confident they will go back to normal soon. Mine were slightly raised and red but fine the next day. They scabbed up and those were gone in a little more than a week

I think they were burned off. It is 9 days later now and there is no scabbing, but the area where they were removed is quite red. I just took this picture right now. Will this redness fade ever or have I replaced tiny enlarged pores for red scars?

cL1u9zT.png

MemberMember
(@goodz19)

Posted : 04/03/2014 11:46 am

I think they were burned off. It is 9 days later now and there is no scabbing, but the area where they were removed is quite red. I just took this picture right now. Will this redness fade ever or have I replaced tiny enlarged pores for red scars?

cL1u9zT.png

Sorry, I dont see a pic posted. Mine stayed red but it didnt really bother me. I had 3 done in inconspicuous spots on my face. They were red for a bit and then just faded. How many did you have done at 1 time? Try putting some neosporin on the spots at night to help them heal faster. And just a side note, I dont know how large the ones that were cauterized off were, but your derm, or whoever performed this for you, may have used a stronger setting on the cauterizing machine than was necessary

MemberMember
(@monkeybeanmagic)

Posted : 04/03/2014 11:54 am

cL1u9zT.png

Sorry, I dont see a pic posted. Mine stayed red but it didnt really bother me. I had 3 done in inconspicuous spots on my face. They were red for a bit and then just faded. How many did you have done at 1 time? Try putting some neosporin on the spots at night to help them heal faster. And just a side note, I dont know how large the ones that were cauterized off were, but your derm, or whoever performed this for you, may have used a stronger setting on the cauterizing machine than was necessary

Thanks for your reply. Yours stayed red permanently and remain red to this day? Here is a link to the picture of what mine look like today, 9 days after

Mine were very small before i had the procedure done. They were really only noticeable to me.

MemberMember
(@goodz19)

Posted : 04/03/2014 12:33 pm

cL1u9zT.png

Thanks for your reply. Yours stayed red permanently and remain red to this day? Here is a link to the picture of what mine look like today, 9 days after

Mine were very small before i had the procedure done. They were really only noticeable to me.

Yes, that is a normal result. They will fade and should be close to nomal skin color. Have you been putting on them to help them heal up? As I mentioned above, I would maybe use some neospoirin or aloe vera.