Notifications
Clear all

Hormonal Acne

MemberMember
(@youngsean)

Posted : 03/29/2014 10:25 am

I've been a long time lurker of this website and I finally joined! So I just turned 18 and after a bad breakout I went to the dermatologist and he gave me antibiotics, popped the pimples and some cream for healing. I was clear skinned after that, only problem was pigmentation. Then I started breaking out again and I went back to the derm and we did the same thing, but I still kept breaking out. It's not as bad but I get a few pimples along my jawline and sometimes around my temples but mostly my jawline. I've only had the mild teenage acne nothing as

severe as this so I was just wondering if it's probably hormonal and if it would help if I went to a doctor to try and balance out my hormones. I exercise almost everyday and I eat healthy so I can't see what else would be the trigger. Any help on how to naturally balance hormones and such would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edit***

I also break out on my neck right below my jawline. Not sure if neck and jawline would qualify as the same region/reason. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@hockeyfan99)

Posted : 03/31/2014 4:19 am

I didn't think you could balance hormones to be honest.

Also do you take pre workout or protein shakes before,during or after working out? My friends have broke out from pre workout and I have as well. I was never sure if the protein shakes did anything for me with my acne but it might of

If you do stop taking it for a short little bit and see what happens. If you do try to get more protein through meats

Also avoid diary products to. They can influence your hormonal level to raise

MemberMember
(@youngsean)

Posted : 04/01/2014 1:09 pm

I didn't think you could balance hormones to be honest.

Also do you take pre workout or protein shakes before,during or after working out? My friends have broke out from pre workout and I have as well. I was never sure if the protein shakes did anything for me with my acne but it might of

If you do stop taking it for a short little bit and see what happens. If you do try to get more protein through meats

Also avoid diary products to. They can influence your hormonal level to raise

Yeah I do boxing but when I lift I do drink protein but it hasn't ever been a problem before. I have cut out dairy products but when I do eat them, I don't break out. It just seems completely random to be honest. It's quite frustrating, but I appreciate the time you took to try and help me out! Thanks!

MemberMember
(@alirandf)

Posted : 04/01/2014 1:17 pm

Also have acne on my jawline and is mostly caused by bacteria from cell phone use/touching my skin. I pick at my face a lot and it took a long time to realize the simplest of things was causing me a nightmare. Good luck

MemberMember
(@youngsean)

Posted : 04/02/2014 6:39 am

Also have acne on my jawline and is mostly caused by bacteria from cell phone use/touching my skin. I pick at my face a lot and it took a long time to realize the simplest of things was causing me a nightmare. Good luck

Yeah I stopped touching my face and I don't let my phone touch my face haha but yeah the break outs seemed to have stopped momentarily. Thanks for the help!