Notifications
Clear all

Aha Or Bha? What Should I Try For My Skin?

MemberMember
(@midnightrose)

Posted : 01/29/2014 5:51 pm

My skin is very sensitive, dry and acne prone. I have a lot of clogged pores. My pores are very small and have been clogged up over time making my skin look very slightly bumpy all over.

Been trying to look for a way to exfoliate without irritating my skin and causing me to break out. From recommendations I have came to the conclusion I might want to try an AHA or BHA. Now what would be best for my skin? The main thing id like to achieve is getting rid of this bumpy texture all over my face. Also to help my acne aswell.

I would like to tackle the fine lines I do have over my forehead as they are pretty deep considering I am only 23.

Is there a way I could use both together? What would you guys recommend?

I was looking at Paula's choice BHA 2% and 1% lotions. Anyone had experience with them? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 01/29/2014 9:28 pm

I've used them both, and I still use BHA 2%, but for clogged pores and fine lines I have fallen in LOVE with GOW mandelic acid....try that, it is really great for active acne and fine lines....check it out, sounds like just what you need

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 01/30/2014 4:30 pm

I've used them both, and I still use BHA 2%, but for clogged pores and fine lines I have fallen in LOVE with GOW mandelic acid....try that, it is really great for active acne and fine lines....check it out, sounds like just what you need

I agree! Mandelic acid is the way to go. Muac.com has a good madelic acid toner. Only use it twice a week though.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 01/30/2014 5:05 pm

Mandelic acid really is a well kept secret, I don't know why more people don't try it, it doesn't dry the skin out but fights acne and smooths the skin, even after a week you notice the difference!

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 01/31/2014 12:15 am

Mandelic acid really is a well kept secret, I don't know why more people don't try it, it doesn't dry the skin out but fights acne and smooths the skin, even after a week you notice the difference!

The kind I've used was 5% by muac. It cleans pores amazingly! Only thing is, it damaged my skin but only if I used it everyday. Twice a week was enough for me. I defiantly think more people should use it. It cleans out pores, reduces fine lines and repairs pores. What more could ya ask for?! Stuff is great.