Notifications
Clear all

Is Cetaphil Moisturising Cream Clogging Me Up?

MemberMember
(@midnightrose)

Posted : 01/30/2014 5:33 am

Someone recommended me to use it as my skin is extremely sensitive and dry and prone to acne. Last week my skin was becoming severly irritated and dry I think from using rosehip oil only as a moisturiser. So got the cetaphil been using it about a week now and for a few days I didn't actually wash my face as even washing my face can irritate my skin. Im wondering if the cetaphil had built up over my skin as I was applying it once a day. I have more bumps come up in the crease of my chin and even on the sides joining my nose to my cheeks and ive nevr had them there before. Black heads are coming up in places ive not had them before too. I don't know what to do my skin looks such a mess but I really needed gentle non clogging heavy moisturisation :'( Almost in tears as my skins becoming such a massive problem!

MemberMember
(@waytoooldforthis)

Posted : 01/30/2014 5:38 am

I find it very heavy. So yes, it could be too much for your face.

I bought a twin pack of large bottles- so have taken to using it on my legs instead.

MemberMember
(@midnightrose)

Posted : 01/30/2014 5:46 am

Yes starting to think it might not be right for me. Scared of carrying on with it incase I get worse not sure what to do. Ive bought some samples from paula's choice the BHA and AHA ones. Hoping that these will help to get the horrible rubbish out these bumps and blackheads on my skin. But im still worried im going to need a really heavy moisturiser for dryness and not sure where to turn now :(

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 01/30/2014 6:24 am

Yes, it definitely could. It clogs me badly.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 01/30/2014 1:35 pm

people need to understand you NEED to wash your face everyday

how are you going to get clear skin if you cant even wash your face ? and you cant avoid it your whole life

washing your face shouldnt irritate your skin

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 01/30/2014 4:15 pm

I really don't use moisturizer anymore. I do use an SPF during the day no matter what the weather condition is.

You can mix pure vegetable glycerin with distilled water for a moisturizer. Or mix a drop or two with one pump of your favorite moisturizer for and extra punch of moisture.

Glycerin will not clog your pores and is a great moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@midnightrose)

Posted : 02/01/2014 8:01 am

Well I hate to break it to you but my skin is extremely sensitive. I get heat rash on my face and on my body from taking just luke warm showers. My skin cant tolerate a lot. Ive tried products used for sensitive skin that have stung the crap out of my face. Just because your skin doesn't react to being washed doesn't mean someone else's wont aswell.

I have done the most gentle washing of my face by just splashing cool water on my face and even that can cause me to get what I call allergy blobs.

Sorry but I get a bit irritated when people say your skin shouldn't be doing that. Not trying to avoid washing it but when I do it just makes me irritated and causes breakouts and im worried its doing lots of damage to my skin in the long run :(

And thanks a.p I may try the glycerine and water for now :) Thankyou!