Notifications
Clear all

Acne Has Become Severe

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 12/13/2013 11:31 am

I know how you feel, hang in there, man!

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/13/2013 11:50 am

Hey there, I understand what you are going through because I've been there before. There are many causes of acne, and everyone's experience with acne is different, but food often isn't the main cause of acne. Based on your profile (male and young), it is definitely hormones.

I would suggest that you follow your dermatologist's advice and monitoring. If the doctor is not comfortable with prescribing you Accutane at such a young age, there is definitely a valid reason. Discuss options with your doctor.

Personally, I was only put on Accutane after trying all the medicine out there for acne ( including de-oxycline); my body responded well to it and while I still have pimples and "bumps" on my face , there aren't as bad ( but the regimen helps keep my remaining acne under control). Please ignore the fear-mongering by people out there; Accutane does not trigger outbreaks, but it doesn't cure acne so for some ppl the acne will come back after Accutane, but it is unlikely to be worse.

Do stick to the regimen closely and you will see improvement. In the meantime, stay positive, have an active and healthy lifestyle and don't be so conscious of what ppl think about you or your looks ; most ppl don't really care. If there are ppl who really make nasty comments about your skin or judge you based on your looks, then these ppl aren't your friends so steer clear of them. : ))

Good luck and press on !

eating alot of meat and dairy = hormones so food does play a huge role in acne or u want to believe doctors that says otherwise haha

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 12/13/2013 12:05 pm

i don't know how some people pick on wheat, flaxseeds, nuts, but say nothing about those damn chicken who are injected with hormones, and about pesticides which are unimaginable super potent estrogens.. also that soft plastic, etc.

and again about the effort, i think only alternativista mentined something about effort, but when i was a teen i knew i had to wait a little so that i could go to the gym, i'm not sure if it's right for kids to do weight lifting and other huge physicall stress, can't u just play football ? lol there's a certain threshold which goes into hormonal changes imho

MemberMember
(@kiyanna)

Posted : 12/13/2013 12:13 pm

Accutane. You could spend years of your life experimenting with elimination diets that will pretty much render you unable to enjoy so many types of food (and possibly not help your acne), or you could give Accutane a try. There's a lot of scary stuff around about it, but so many people take Accutane and find that it gives them relief from their symptoms while only experiencing fairly mild and temporary side effects. The reason you hear so many of the bad stories is because people that had no problems and went on to be happy and acne free don't hang around acne forums anymore. I know that when I had clear skin (on the regimen at the time) I didn't want anything to do with this forum and wanted to forget about my acne days.

MemberMember
(@aightbet)

Posted : 12/13/2013 10:52 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience and your kind words!

I should probably convince my mom to take me back to my dermatologist; she doesn't trust the guy at all after my skin got so bad. In the meantime I'm still anxiously waiting for the regimen to arrive at my doorstep. I hope it takes less time for it to work, since I've been using a 10% BP wash since August, and my skin's already used to it.

Hey there, I understand what you are going through because I've been there before. There are many causes of acne, and everyone's experience with acne is different, but food often isn't the main cause of acne. Based on your profile (male and young), it is definitely hormones.

I would suggest that you follow your dermatologist's advice and monitoring. If the doctor is not comfortable with prescribing you Accutane at such a young age, there is definitely a valid reason. Discuss options with your doctor.

Personally, I was only put on Accutane after trying all the medicine out there for acne ( including de-oxycline); my body responded well to it and while I still have pimples and "bumps" on my face , there aren't as bad ( but the regimen helps keep my remaining acne under control). Please ignore the fear-mongering by people out there; Accutane does not trigger outbreaks, but it doesn't cure acne so for some ppl the acne will come back after Accutane, but it is unlikely to be worse.

Do stick to the regimen closely and you will see improvement. In the meantime, stay positive, have an active and healthy lifestyle and don't be so conscious of what ppl think about you or your looks ; most ppl don't really care. If there are ppl who really make nasty comments about your skin or judge you based on your looks, then these ppl aren't your friends so steer clear of them. : ))

Good luck and press on !

MemberMember
(@aightbet)

Posted : 12/30/2013 9:30 am

Update:

3 weeks into the regimen, left cheek is mostly dark spots/ scarring now. Right cheek theres still some pimples, hasnt improved as much as left cheek. Weird because the left was way worse than the right cheek before I started the regimen. Pimples around jawline have improved.

Looks much better than before!

post-365046-0-37878300-1388413813.jpg

post-365046-0-47182900-1388413815.jpg

post-365046-0-48817400-1388413817.jpg

post-365046-0-37748300-1388413819.jpg

post-365046-0-37878300-1388413813.jpg

post-365046-0-47182900-1388413815.jpg

post-365046-0-48817400-1388413817.jpg

post-365046-0-37748300-1388413819.jpg

MemberMember
(@brandylad)

Posted : 12/30/2013 1:24 pm

definite improvement! keep it up cool.png

MemberMember
(@aightbet)

Posted : 03/15/2014 8:53 pm

Just checking in, about 4 months into the regimen. pretty much all that remains are dark spots, and I rarely get pimples now

post-365046-0-46901300-1394934809.jpg

post-365046-0-64856200-1394934810.jpg

post-365046-0-46901300-1394934809.jpg

post-365046-0-64856200-1394934810.jpg

MemberMember
(@ukdreamin)

Posted : 03/15/2014 10:54 pm

Just checking in, about 4 months into the regimen. pretty much all that remains are dark spots, and I rarely get pimples now

Wow!!! Such an improvement. Your skin looks great! Congrats :)

MemberMember
(@faceisflaky)

Posted : 03/16/2014 3:13 am

I am amazed at your progress. Shouldn't it only be 3 months though since it's only march?

MemberMember
(@mrlovalova)

Posted : 03/16/2014 2:29 pm

i reckon he stated in his last post he was 3 weeks in, so that does make it almost 4 months now.

anyways, just wanted to say kudos on not getting too worked up on your situation (god knows i used to let my mild-moderate acne run my life at times) , keeping it cool and not jumping into the heavy duty stuff right away, not before giving the less harsh stuff a proper try before, or quite possibly,just let the hormones run their course.

i was so close to going on oral antibiotics a month ago after a mild-moderate breakout i was struggling to clear (that was what my dermatoligist prescribed btw,he also mentioned low dose roacutane as an option, which was a bit shocking for me), but then i just decided to chillax and give the other stuff some more time ( basically just keeping my healthy diet and exfoliate-bp regimen) , which i can now say was a smart move as im slowly coming back to my 100% clear state.

point is, i feel like a good attitude and mind can reflect on your body and play a major part in ones recovery, and yours is nothing short of phenomenal !

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 03/16/2014 9:18 pm

Wow... Your skin looks awesome! I can honestly say I was worried for you when I saw your Before pics, I thought you would have no choice but to go on Accutane. But now that I've seen your latest pics I'm so happy for you... that your skin looks so good and you didn't need to resort to Accutane. Plus, you have a really good optimistic attitude!

You should post your pics in the Regimen Gallery!