Notifications
Clear all

How I've Improved My Skin This Winter

MemberMember
(@matt-f)

Posted : 12/08/2013 6:50 pm

[Aimed at those with milder acne]

Normally my skin worsens over winter but it's looking really good right now. Here's what I've been doing recently:

• Lessened Bp usage. I'm still using BP every other night but I've reduced it to about a pea size per cheek and a small dot for moustache area. I don't use it for mouth/forehead areas.
  • Started using beard trimmer (Remington MB320C, without guard) rather than an electric razor. I'm letting my facial hair grow for roughly a week and then trimming it. Less irritiation, hair's not cut as short and less hassle tinydan.gif
  • Dry face with tissue/toilet paper. Seems to soak up oil/grease from face (I only use tap water). Just make sure you don't leave the house with a bit of loo roll stuck to your forehead. neutral.gif

Hope these tips help!

MemberMember
(@faceisflaky)

Posted : 12/09/2013 3:50 am

hmm, i might try out what you're doing, but it might be different for me since my acne is probably located elsewhere and the dry parts of my face are located elsewhere. the worst parts of my acne are on my cheeks and the side of my face. they also get really dry, so i'm not sure what to do. My forehead is probably my best place, theres only tiny dots there and it stays very well hydrated, i barely have to use moisturizer for it. i have mild acne for my moustache area and between my eyebrows. what should i do then?

MemberMember
(@matt-f)

Posted : 12/09/2013 5:33 am

hmm, i might try out what you're doing, but it might be different for me since my acne is probably located elsewhere and the dry parts of my face are located elsewhere. the worst parts of my acne are on my cheeks and the side of my face. they also get really dry, so i'm not sure what to do. My forehead is probably my best place, theres only tiny dots there and it stays very well hydrated, i barely have to use moisturizer for it. i have mild acne for my moustache area and between my eyebrows. what should i do then?

For my forehead I use a salicylic acid wash by Agera every 5 days or so. I personally don't use a moisturiser -- I've tried a few but never really felt they were doing much.

Usually my skin dries out and starts flaking a lot worse during winter due to the cold weather + extra heating in the house but this hasn't happened this year due to the reduction in BP. You could try reducing the amount/number of products that you use. I've always found that my skin preferred as few products as possible, though we're all different.

Do you shave your moustache area? I get the odd spot in that area if I'm using a manual razor but with an electric/beard trimmer it stays pretty clear.

Do you treat the area between the eye brows? If so you could try leaving it alone and it may clear up by itself. Might be caused by plucking or whatever hair removal method you use (assuming you aren't rocking a monobrow).

MemberMember
(@faceisflaky)

Posted : 12/09/2013 6:13 pm

For my forehead I use a salicylic acid wash by Agera every 5 days or so. I personally don't use a moisturiser -- I've tried a few but never really felt they were doing much.

Usually my skin dries out and starts flaking a lot worse during winter due to the cold weather + extra heating in the house but this hasn't happened this year due to the reduction in BP. You could try reducing the amount/number of products that you use. I've always found that my skin preferred as few products as possible, though we're all different.

Do you shave your moustache area? I get the odd spot in that area if I'm using a manual razor but with an electric/beard trimmer it stays pretty clear.

Do you treat the area between the eye brows? If so you could try leaving it alone and it may clear up by itself. Might be caused by plucking or whatever hair removal method you use (assuming you aren't rocking a monobrow).

ah, i see. yea, i shave my moustache area. i recently shaved it with a manual razor(with cleanser instead of shaving cream) and the acne there is starting to fade. The area between my eyebrows is sort of clean, and i do apply benz and moisturizer to it, but very little. i have really short hair in between my brows, and i pluck it as often as i can. will see what happens when i pluck it more often.