Notifications
Clear all

How To Cope/doxycycline

MemberMember
(@lynseyjoxoxo)

Posted : 11/21/2013 12:04 am

Tomorrow is my first appointment with a dermatologist. I'm feeling both excited and nervous...

Lately my skin has been a wreck!! Before these past few months, I had no acne besides a small breakout once or twice a month... Now I have at least 5 or more at a time around my jawline/chin, and they just keep coming up no matter what I do. For the past month I tried proactiv, but it really hasn't done anything for me.

I'm just SO tired of not having confidence anymore. Normally I can cover my acne fairly well with makeup, but I just hate not feeling pretty without having any on, espeically around my boyfriend. I find myself avoiding him on days were my acne is more inflamed and red (harder to cover up). He tells me all the time that it looks fine, and that I don't have anything to worry about because he still thinks I'm beautiful, but I just don't see how he could think that.. I never feel beautiful anymore. I used to love going out and doing things, but now I avoid it because of my acne. I'm sorry to rant, but I'm just tired of feeling this way.

I've done research on products the past few days, and I'm interested in talking to my doctor about doxycycline and epiduo. I also have interest in Retin-A, but I seriously fear that first bad initial breakout... But I guess it's worth it in the long run.

Have any of these products helped any of you? Could you suggest products that also may help?

And a very important question... since this could possibly be a long jouney.. How do you feel confident with acne? Even if it's more severe? and has it affected your relationships?

- Lyns

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 11/21/2013 7:05 am

that is the classic start mino and epiduo, and with luck that will help you

just don't stay on the antibiotics for long- 3-4 months and start to taper off

also on your diet, ditch dairy if you haven't, try that too

good luck to you, we all know how FRUSTRATING it can be!!

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 11/21/2013 7:44 am

my derm. prescribed me doxycycline orally and zineryt (erythromycin based) topically (for a couple of months).

that cleared up my acne in days. in 2 weeks it was completely gone.

but the effect lasted 1,5 years. and it left me with bad immune sistem.