Notifications
Clear all

Blackheads Causing A Lot Of Irritation

MemberMember
(@iimblue)

Posted : 07/08/2013 12:00 pm

I have a lot of blackheads on my nose and it makes it appear very red. I will occasionally remove the blackheads but that makes the irritation worse and the blackheads always come back. My T-zone looks pink because of the blackheads(I have some beside my nose) and its oily. The rest of my face is sensitive and dry. This makes me confused when considering a regimen, any suggestions? Thanks in advance

MemberMember
(@iimblue)

Posted : 07/08/2013 12:15 pm

Side note - my cheeks appear a little irritated and seem to have a lot of little bumps - not acne.

MemberMember
(@zach-zach)

Posted : 07/08/2013 7:46 pm

Blackheads are a total SOB for me on my nose too. I also have dry skin everywhere else on my face except my nose, thus plenty of blackheads that really don't take too kindly to staying away. I have basically just ignored them on the whole... reduces redness because I don't irritate that area as much and they actually don't look as obvious now. I put Sodium Sulfacetamide Lotion (10%) on the area every night. They're still there but not as noticeable!

I also have red (irritated?) cheeks like it sounds like you do too... usually moisturizer on the area helps a bit!

MemberMember
(@scarredemon)

Posted : 07/09/2013 7:39 am

I have the same issue as you guys. Oily and clogged T-zone with mildly dry cheeks. I have used 2% BHA on my T-zone for nearly about 6 months and it'd make my nose not so bumpy/rough but blackheads are visible.

I find extracting them after shower really help for a day or two, then the cycle repeats.

MemberMember
(@greendot)

Posted : 07/11/2013 10:23 pm

Have you heard about Skin Action Sebum Gel from Cellnique? It's proven in reducing blackheads and whiteheads by regulating sebum secretion. Since the first day I use it, I didn't have any breakout and hope it will continuously protect my skin.

MemberMember
(@plebs)

Posted : 07/18/2013 9:05 am

Have you heard about Skin Action Sebum Gel from Cellnique? It's proven in reducing blackheads and whiteheads by regulating sebum secretion. Since the first day I use it, I didn't have any breakout and hope it will continuously protect my skin.

Care to give any more details? How long have you been using this product? Do you just use it for blackheads?

MemberMember
(@greendot)

Posted : 07/18/2013 11:09 am

Care to give any more details? How long have you been using this product? Do you just use it for blackheads?

I've been using it for almost 3 months. I only apply it on my t-zone because my skin is oily combination type. I don't really have whiteheads, but I do have blackheads. It done a really great job to my skin so far. It's a bit pricy, but because I only apply it on my t-zone twice a day, I still haven't finish my bottle yet :)