Notifications
Clear all

How Can I Finish Clearing Up The Rest Of My Acne?

MemberMember
(@kekamarie)

Posted : 07/08/2013 6:59 am

This is what I have left although a few other small pimples pop up every now and then. I want to use something that isn't harsh but that will get rid of the rest of the acne I have left. I know that my acne is mild compared to a lot of people but it still makes me self concious. I've never even had a boyfriend and I think it is because I'm constantly trying to hide out in my room so people don't have to look at me. Any help will be great.

MemberMember
(@mogthemighty)

Posted : 07/08/2013 7:12 am

What have you tried so far?

MemberMember
(@wheatfree)

Posted : 07/08/2013 7:36 am

You have really pretty features! Your acne does not look severe at all, but I know it can still make you feel self-conscious! And it's ten times as hard if no one else in your family struggles with it or when your friends and classmates are clear! Have you been to a dermatologist, yet? What kind of toothpaste do you use? Do you have any known allergies? What are you doing for your skin now (cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen, etc.) Lot's of things may be having an effect. For now do NOT touch your face and do NOT stress out about it. Sometimes the stress of thinking about your acne causes more inflammation! By the way boyfriends cause their own kind of stress so I wouldn't get in too big of a hurry! Developing your own talents and interests will help you cope with the lack of confidence you feel now. When you start to feel more confident, boys will notice because confidence is an attractive trait, even if you still have acne. If need ideas of ways to develop more confidence look for opportunities to volunteer. Volunteering also looks great on a resume to colleges as well as potential employers and it can help decrease stress.

MemberMember
(@kekamarie)

Posted : 07/08/2013 8:22 am

I have tried BP, basically everything that is over the counter for acne with Salic acid. BP is way too hard on my skin plus I have heard that it has damaging effects so I would rather not go that route. Right now I am on birth control and that has seemed to help keep any new acne from forming except for a few small spots but that I can deal with. Right now my routine consists of washing my face with clean hands with Neutrogena soap. Then I use a pore cleanser. After that I put on some apple cider vinegar on my spots which seems to help draw out the puss from the acne. I also use a moisturizer that says it does clog pores on it and it actually helps although it is not oil free. I have found that oil free moisturizers never help my dry skin, which I don't have much of anymore since I stopped with BP. At night I wash my face in the shower with just the soap. Then I apply more apple cider vinegar. I also put on Neosporin since it seems to help the redness a bit. My toothpaste varies depending on what my mom finds on sale right now I think I am using a Colgate one. I don't really know the specifics of it and I can't check right now since I am not at home. I don't have any known allergies. I have been working on not touching my face unless I have clean hands for the past month or so. Although I get a lot of itching sensations but I try to ignore them when they come up sometimes I can't help it though. Thank you for saying that I have pretty features and thank you both for trying to help me out. I appreciate it.

By the way I am 21 so I kind of want to experience dating. I know I'm still young yet but it would be nice to start a relationship.

MemberMember
(@mogthemighty)

Posted : 07/08/2013 8:39 am

It sounds like you're doing pretty much the best you can topically; maybe you should think about changing your diet? There's lots of research suggesting a link between milk and acne as well as high GI foods (I have no clue what they are though :P).

MemberMember
(@kekamarie)

Posted : 07/08/2013 8:53 am

I actually drink soy milk and I don't have too much diary in my diet. What does GI stand for?

MemberMember
(@wheatfree)

Posted : 07/08/2013 9:18 am

GI is glycemic index. Foods high on the glycemic index include things like white rice, potatoes, white flour, any baked goods, sugar, candy. These are foods that tend to spike blood sugar and in turn cause inflammation which may show up on your skin as redness or bumps. Yay! Foods that contain more fiber do not cause the blood sugar to spike as dramatically so something like fruit is lower on the glycemic index even though it is sweet.

Obviously I did not guess you were 21, I hope I didn't offend. You are going to look young forever if you avoid sun damage!

You said your moisturizer "does clog pores" , is that a typo? If not I would say it is definitely your culprit because your bumps look like closed comedones to me, a clogged pore below the skin. I would try switching moisturizer to something with fewer ingredients. Some people on this board would cringe, but when my skin gets dry patches I will spot treat it with plain vaseline. It doesn't contain anything extra to aggravate my skin and has never caused me any eruption of pimples. I have even smeared my whole face and worn it to bed. It is not for everyone, though. I have lots of allergies to plant extracts. You also might be a candidate for the water only cleansing method. It will keep you from getting to dry without breaking down all of your natural oils which are good for your skin. It works great for my son who is a teen!

I still stand by what I said about gaining confidence. You can't love another until you love yourself!

MemberMember
(@kekamarie)

Posted : 07/08/2013 9:23 am

Oh yes that was a typo my moisturizer says that it will not clog pores. Will my pores get better without using anything for them besides just water?

I definitely do not want them to get any worse. Thank you again for the help. And I guess I don't have too much food with GI's in them either besides mashed potatoes which I don't have too often. I eat a lot of melons and salads right now since it is summer. I am always trying to stay away from the junk food. Hopefully that will help too.

MemberMember
(@wheatfree)

Posted : 07/08/2013 9:31 am

When is the last time you tried no salicylic acid? Everyone told me for years and years and years to use salicylic acid (my mom, my friends, my dermatologist). Until my son started suffering with acne, I gave him the recommended cleanser containing salicylic acid and we noticed an increase in breakouts. When we took him off the cleanser, he had fewer spots. I went off the cleanser and had fewer spots, too. Also changed my shampoo which contained salicylic acid for my dandruff, fewer spots, less dandruff. Found out through trial and error that my son and I are misfits who do not tolerate any salicylic acid well.

If you search water only on this site, you will find many who swear by it. Will it work for you? I don't know--everyone is different. It is something to look into and maybe you will want to try it. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@kekamarie)

Posted : 07/08/2013 9:36 am

It has been a few weeks since I haven't had it. Although I will have to check my own cleanser to make sure that it isn't in there but I'm pretty sure it isn't. Ever since I got on birth control my acne has calmed down. These spots are just what is left over from before I started the pill. I mean they have improved but not as much as I would like them too. I also exfoliate with baking soda 2-3 times a week. This has helped with the small bumps that have been on my face. I just wish acne would heal a bit faster I guess. But as long as I am doing as much as I can then I guess I will just have to wait it out. I might try the water only method if this method stops working. Thank you for all of the help.

MemberMember
(@wheatfree)

Posted : 07/08/2013 9:43 am

It sounds like you are on the road to healing. It does always seem to take too long!

MemberMember
(@jironima-balagtas)

Posted : 07/12/2013 1:40 pm

Hello im here in taiwan country I want to buy your products the acne.org can you help me?

Help me to make my face clear because of my acne

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/13/2013 1:15 am

Hello im here in taiwan country I want to buy your products the acne.org can you help me?

Help me to make my face clear because of my acne

hello!

could u please post a new topic on the right forum and/or seek help from regimen assistance team(Brandy).

your post is unrelated to the topic i feel.